Best Albums to Listen to High . . .

• hemlokk said...
    • User
    • 21 Nov 2008, 15:56

Best Albums to Listen to High . . .

Please add your recommendations for BEST ALBUMS TO LISTEN TO HIGH...or not..Just really good music that can be appreciated both under the influence or completely sober, but would certainly be ameliorated in a state of psychedelic inebriation.

Please add links if possible click the Formatting Help link for help on how to make links in your post.

Thanks for your recommendations, I will make an effort to listen to each artist and album posted here and hope you all will do the same.

Edited by hemlokk on 19 Jan 2010, 16:02
  • Ayreon - The Human Equation

Get baked, put this album on in the dark and listen to it from front to back. You'll never be the same. Psychedelic/Progressive/Rock/Metal/Ambient/Genre/Genre, with an awesome story, a huge cast of talented singers including Devin Townsend and Mikael Akerfeldt. This is the Ultimate Metal Opera. Also check out Ayreon's other awesome albums.

• degree said...
    • User
    • 21 Nov 2008, 22:01
    The Nommos - Primal Meltdown.
    Goa Gil - Karmageddon.
    This is nothing rock, it's psytrance, but it will bring you right into a deep acid drive and I doubt you'll get out alive if you can stand it. It's written especially for lysergine trips. You probably won't find it a lot listenable in the beginning though, especially if you are not high and not used to psytrance, if so try Infected Mushroom's Vicious Delicious track for example to get to understand the kick of it. You should get screwed. Know the Goa Gil stuff (The Nommos is his side project) is much much harder and screws you a lot better in fact.

• one of my favorites:
    The Flaming Lips - In a Priest Driven Ambulance

put in the cd
    put in your j
    put on your headphones
    light up and press play

• My favourite baked albums

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 22 Nov 2008, 20:42
    Pink Floyd - The wall

• NeRO668 said...
    • User
    • 23 Nov 2008, 02:03

Arcturus - Sideshow Symphonies

Arcturus - Sideshow Symphonies
    Its Bizarre, Spacey and out of this world
    amazing for a stoned evening

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 23 Nov 2008, 09:05
    Bongzilla's Gateway of course :)

• Electric Ladyland by The Jimi Hendrix Experience

• There are many, depending on what kind of stoned you are, right now it's the middle of the night and my friends have gone to sleep, so I've put LAMP OF THE UNIVERSE on, it's inspiring, i recommend listening to 'in the mystic light' or 'lotus of a thousand petals'.

why do you even wonder why we all start out blind?
  • I enjoy rap when I'm stoned :)

Albums:

Heltah Skeltah - Nocturnal
    Cunninlynguists - Will rap for food
    Black Violin - Black Violin

• Opice said...
    • User
    • 27 Nov 2008, 19:01

absolutely

Plum Nelly - Deceptive Lines:)

• I prefer some stoner rock like Kyuss or old psych rock like Amon Duul or early Pink Floyd, or some new psychedelic like SubArachnoid Space, or maybe even psychedelic funeral doom like Esoteric - The Pernicious Enigma. But in general I can enjoy any music that I like in other time.

• people, are you talking about psychedelic music in general or stoner music? this is not the psychedelic rock forum ya know.
    here you should talk about stuff like:
    Colour Haze
    Comets On Fire
    The :Egocentrics
    Yawning Man
    etc

(for sharing pm me)

• Mittani said...
    • User
    • 28 Nov 2008, 16:06
    Dungen - Ta Det Lugnt
    Also, Sunn O))) - Flight of the Behemoth or Black One

• 1)sweet smoke - just a poke
    2)hawkwind - in search of space
    3)jefferson airplane - surrealistic pillow
    4)pink floyd - ummagumma(live album)
    5)om - pilgrimage

• degree said...
    • User
    • 29 Nov 2008, 23:41
    derek_trash, this looks pretty interesting, I'm checkin' up right now.

Electric Wizard-Come My Fanatics

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 30 Nov 2008, 22:31
    Led Zeppelin IV - For me at least, "When the Levee Breaks" is pretty much the ultimate song to be stoned to

The Dark Side of the Moon (Pink Floyd)

Welcome to Sky Valley (Kyuss)

Niandra Lades and Usually Just A T-Shirt (John Frusciante)

The Doors (debut album)

Bleach (Nirvana)

• Kingston Wall

It's a Finnish band (doesn't make the music worse). It's very psychedelic, you all should check it out. They only recorded three albums (named I, II and III-Tri-logy) in 1991-1994, and they all are great furious guitar-driven space-out experiences :) Especially the second and third albums are very well worth listening. I Highly recommend. (their drummer almost made me quit playing, because he's sooo damn good...)

• NeRO668 said...
    • User
    • 3 Dec 2008, 01:35

anything electric wizard

especially Electric Wizard's greatest album Dopethrone

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 5 Dec 2008, 04:45
    Pink Floyd probably were the creators of stoner music!

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 5 Dec 2008, 05:13
    I'm going to pretty much echo what everyone else has said here...Pink Floyd is great while high.

Everything sounds good high though.

edit: Live at Pompeii is a must for all stoners. It's a DVD but you can find it in mp3 on torrent sites.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 8 Dec 2008, 17:34

Re: Kingston Wall

HazySleep escribió:
    It's a Finnish band (doesn't make the music worse). It's very psychedelic, you all should check it out. They only recorded three albums (named I, II and III-Tri-logy) in 1991-1994, and they all are great furious guitar-driven space-out experiences :) Especially the second and third albums are very well worth listening. I Highly recommend. (their drummer almost made me quit playing, because he's sooo damn good...)

oohhh yeah Kingston Wall it's a great band! their second album is the best!!

• Psychedelic Dream (various artists) - the whole compilation... released in 1980 but it's mostly 60s music and SO sinfully good... highly recommend.

Yes, indeed: HIGHLY recommend... ;)

That's where I heard my favorite psychedelic song of all time. It wasn't written as such (it's a Donovan song and the original is kind of limp) but the cover version on the Psych Dream is by Terry Reid and

he took the song to the sky, into the stratosphere

Superlungs My Supergirl

(that's what they mean by "Terry it up") Hearing the original AFTER this remake to me was crushingly disappointing, just anticlimactic.

Listen and you won't be surprised that this 18-year old (in 1968) was wanted by Jimmy Page as the newly-forming Led Zeppelin's lead singer.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.