• Fave album?

Which studio-album do you like best?

I think their best is propably No. 4 or Purple. No. 4 is heavy and has some softer songs such as "Sour Girl" and "I Got you".

All other albums are great too, except for Shangri-La Dee Da.

• Well yeah

I think everyone can agree that they sucked after Scott got off Cocaine, but Shangri-La Dee Da had 1 or 2 good songs on it. But definantly No. 4 is the best.

• Hexogen said...
    • User
    • 7 Mar 2007, 07:08
    I've only heard Core, Purple, and Tiny Music. Out of those three, though, I'd probably have to choose Tiny Music, closely followed by Purple.

uh
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 13 Mar 2007, 23:13
    The best STP studio album, in my opinion... oh man, it's so hard to decide, but thinkin' better is:

CORE!!!

Chris

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 31 Mar 2007, 21:36
    I used to think that Core, but now I like Tiny Music... more. And I'm sure it's going to change a few more times

• Grunge7 said...
    • User
    • 3 May 2007, 01:44
    №4 & Core

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 8 May 2007, 13:38
    CORE

• erviins said...
    • User
    • 24 May 2007, 09:36
    core, #4

• hud468 said...
    • User
    • 4 Jun 2007, 19:20
    core

• Number 4 all the way :)

• Purple!

• Purple for sure!

• core

• No. 4

or

Purple...

Arriving somewhere, but not here....
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 21 Sep 2007, 09:42
    It's hard to name just one since I love all of them. I think Purple is probably their best album as a whole, each song is simply great and it has some of my personal favourites such as Lounge Fly and Kitchenware & Candybars. But my favourite album is Tiny Music. The album amazes me, I still haven't quite figured it out. The songs are very different from each other but still brilliant in their own way like Trippin' and And So I Know.

Core is a solid album and it has grown on me during the past years and you can't deny the classics like Plush and Sex Type Thing. Shangri-La is definately their most underrated album even amongst fans. It's a shame since it's an incredible album. Sure it has its weak points such as the cheesy A Song For Sleeping (one of the few STP songs I don't like) or Days Of The Week. But it also contains some of my all-time favourites like Hello, It's Late, Wonderful, Bi-Polar Bear and Too Cool Queenie. It just shows how versitale STP was.

My least favourite album is No. 4. even though it's a great album too. Down is one the best rock songs STP ever made and it ends with the beautiful Atlanta. But for some reason it's not as important to me as the others.

They're all great and I wish STP would reunite. They were the best band in my opinion and they need a proper ending (or preferably no ending at all). But now that AoA is probably history and Scott and Dean both have said that at some point a reunion might happen... I'm trying hard not to get my hopes up but I'm really excited.

• CORE

But i love all of them

• Desperation5 said:

They're all great and I wish STP would reunite. They were the best band in my opinion and they need a proper ending (or preferably no ending at all). But now that AoA is probably history and Scott and Dean both have said that at some point a reunion might happen... I'm trying hard not to get my hopes up but I'm really excited.

Agreed, and same here, just the thought of them reuniting is just.. wow !

• sicass said...
    • User
    • 17 Jan 2008, 13:51
    Purple

• Core...but the other have a lot of standout songs.

I still need #4 an Shangri to complete my STP collection

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 2 Feb 2008, 18:28
    Difficult to choose one but I think it's Tiny Music

• 1. Core
    2. Tiny Music from the Vatican Giftshop
    3. Nr4
    4. Purple

I didn't like Shangri-La-Dee-Da.

- You my friend, I will defend, and if we change, I'll love you anyway - AIC
    • Snagon said...
    • User
    • 7 Mar 2008, 22:19
    purple then core

• Tiny Music or Core

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 1 Apr 2008, 09:23
    I would go with Purple. Though No. 4 has Atlanta, which is their greatest masterpiece.

• kel79 said...
    • User
    • 4 Apr 2008, 23:13
    I can't rate varies over the years but first 3 are in top place then No 4, then Shangri-La-Dee-Da

If you should die before me ask if you can bring a friend
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.