The Soundtrack That Got You Interested In Soundtracks

• The first soundtrack that I wanted to listen over and over again, making my parents insanely mad, was Lion Kings'.
    And at that age I didn't even understand English. I wish that someone had recorded my extraordinary singalong. :D
    But my soundtrack madness begun with the Queen of the Damned OST.

• My firs was probably the OST to Gothic 3 or O Fortuna

Dream of nothing and wake to a dream come true.
  • The First one it was the Ennio Moricone Cinema Paradiso its was the first CD that my parents give to me!

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 25 Oct 2009, 22:28
    Mine was Tomb Raider Legend OST, I am still madly in love with it~

• serveta said...
    • User
    • 26 Oct 2009, 22:35
    Well, it was "Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Man's Chest" by Hans Zimmer - since then I pay attention to the music in the movies.

• Black Hawk Down, Hans Zimmer

• It was probably "The Lord of the rings" (or "Harry Potter and Prisoner of Azkaban"). The first one in which I madly fall in love was definetly "Final Fantasy VII Advent Children"

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 8 Nov 2009, 19:51
    I think it was Silent Hill 2 OST by Akira Yamaoka.
    Still the best for me :)

• pirates of the caribbean. definitely.

“I only do this because I'm having fun. The day I stop having fun, I'll just walk away.”
  • The first one I bought for myself was "Saturday Night Fever", but "The Sound of Music" and "Star Wars" probably had almost as much influence.

"All of us contain Music & Truth, but most of us can't get it out." - Mark Twain
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 3 Dec 2009, 13:35
    The collaborative work done by Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard for the Batman movie series (especially The Dark Knight) was all I needed to get in to whole soundtracks thing

and then I found Clint Mansell - awesome work in The Fountain and Requiem for a Dream

and then Tomoyasu Hotei - loved his work in the Samurai Fiction Movie

wellthatshowigotinterestedinsoundtracks

• Hmm

Legend of Zelda: OOT official soundtrack.

Yeah, right.
  • I got the original Star Wars LP, for Christmas, when I was a kid. The addiction began. What can you say about John Williams.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

People do not deserve good writing, they are so pleased with bad. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

I'm the mad bomber what bombs at midnight!
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 6 Jan 2010, 00:33
    Nightware Before Christmas by Danny Elfman

• EdBogie said...
    • User
    • 7 Jan 2010, 09:03
    The Village by James Newton Howard.

I remember liking the music the first time I watched the movie, but I didn't think about listening to it outside of the movie then. It wasn't until I decided to be "Those We Don't Speak Of" for Halloween, that my friend asked me if there was any theme music to go with my outfit. I looked it up, and from that day forward, I've been hooked on film scores. The Village still holds as my favorite score simply stunning. James Newton Howard is a genius.

• I got a compilation CD full of movie scores. The ones I really liked were Amélie and Chocolat (i'm a sucker for piano music.) The first proper film score I bought was "The Talented Mr.Ripley."

• First serious interest came with Diary of a Mad Black Woman . Earlier I just picked out particular songs without deeper recognition.

,, Sprawiedliwość wymierzy Don Corleone ''.
    • paillus said...
    • User
    • 17 Jan 2010, 17:03
    It all started with Princess Mononoke soundtrack.

• My first soundtrack was the Lion King soundtrack when I was a kid. :) When I grew older I started buying more soundtracks -- including the album releases for Broadway plays and film scores.

• LOTR soundtrack by Howard Shore :)

• Laerdya said...
    • User
    • 19 Feb 2010, 19:59
    I guess it was Clint Mansell in Requiem for a Dream.

• Danny Elfmans score to Sleepy Hollow most likely.

• Pirates of the Caribbean - He's a pirate

• filold said...
    • User
    • 9 Apr 2010, 22:16
    First of all there was soundtrack from Rome: Total War. Then I saw Gladiator in TV, liked the music during the battle scene and all went fast - Gladiator, Black Hawk Down, Pirates of the Carribean and then some non-Zimmer stuff. And so it goes for over 2 years

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 27 Jul 2010, 12:41
    a lot like love

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.