Music Videos Part II

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 5 Jan 2011, 22:12

Music Videos Part II

Post some of your faves here.
    Talk about them if you feel up to it.

Here's one of my favorite rappers, Sage Francis:

• Psychotic Waltz- Hanging On A String...

a hopefully inspiring song for those who need it.

*note: the idea of "faith" is not intended to have religious connotations from my point of view.*

Only In A Dream-

there lies a dying sparrow
    lying still with broken wings
    till his eyes close to pass the night
    and part the tears
    he slips into a dream
    see him fly o like an arrow
    in the skies he rules as king
    though he's never really left the ground
    lord you should hear him sing

I can fly
    o I can even touch the sun
    chase me to the sun
    run down his face, tears of a blind man
    eyes that never seen the sun
    waiting for the light of morning to come
    to end this seemingly endless night
    where is the light
    I've never seen you
    but I've seen your many faces
    in my dreams

I have seen you
    but I must fly away again

now dim his ears to silence
    never heard a church bell ring
    still his eyes are closed for evermore
    still the chains are on his wings
    lord hear him song
    I'll cease to find the point in living
    only if I cease to dream

When one is unable to love oneself, one cannot love another. This is what separates us from one another. A void in the heart is a void in society....An ever-increasing gap between human individuals.

• a Dead Can Dead Dance cover as only Ulver can do it. Better than the original- easily.

When one is unable to love oneself, one cannot love another. This is what separates us from one another. A void in the heart is a void in society....An ever-increasing gap between human individuals.
  • [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JoUQ8ty3m0&feature=channel[/youtube]

I cannot, I repeat CANNOT get enough of this band...

Call me a big pussy, because this song always makes me weep.

• I'm going to set a aside a little space for without a doubt one of the most powerful and influential Punk bands ever, few bands out there can claim to have to created such an impact and changed so many minds as Crass...they set a standard and an aesthetic and actually made an effort to be take Punk seriously and be more profound than their 'Anarchy in the UK' counterparts, they were also the most Dangerous band on the planet for a time, and it wasn't just some lame Darkthrone joke either, they were under constant investigation, had their phone tapped, police raids on their houses, etc, they were the reluctant leaders of a movement but either way they set a firestorm in the Punk/Hardcore community that can still be felt seen to this day, obviously I dont agree with all they have to say but shits too powerful a statement to ignore, even after all these years,

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 8 Jan 2011, 21:32
    can i call you a big pussy for using the word "weep" instead?

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 8 Jan 2011, 21:35
    Much better then the original music video for the song
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbMdES7R8vE

and this!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCjm6YwKUrY

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 9 Jan 2011, 04:40
    Lord Ping

• muhmood said...
    • User
    • 9 Jan 2011, 06:21

Doom On!

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 10 Jan 2011, 15:34

• Zappa, where are you when we need your genius?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdfMkkMnSJI&feature=related[/youtube]

a great message about modernity and its trappings

• fixed

• Watch this one if you're in the mood for a laugh.

• thanks Mithy...

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 17 Jan 2011, 20:52

Hiromi Uehara

Well, I am a shameless fan of this remarkable pianist who can turn any day into a good (or better) day by the simple act of her playing. Also, she's just fun to watch.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 17 Jan 2011, 20:56

Evelyn Glennie

She is one of the most inspiring people to cross my audio/visual path and reach into places that were barren, turning them into fertile land.

• that vid was captivating, I like that idea of experiencing the journey of sound starting before the note is actually played by the musician to the time it resonates through the listeners body

• Tilaton said...
    • User
    • 18 Jan 2011, 13:18

• One of my favorite The Cure songs ever...

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 23 Jan 2011, 07:44

• Best part:
    Beegees: "haven't you heard?"
    LOL...

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 25 Jan 2011, 00:48

One last goodbye

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 25 Jan 2011, 00:49

ONE MORE FINAL GOODBYE

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 3 Feb 2011, 08:13

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.