• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 20 Jul 2010, 18:53

Not scrobbling tunes

Probably a really silly question, but why are the tunes I'm playing through my Sonos system not showing up on my Last.FM a/c? I've set scrobbling to "on" via my CR100 controller and listen to Soma FM via the BR100/ZP90 into my music system but none of the tracks are showing here. Where am I going wrong? Any pointers appreciated.

Cheers
    Pete

• If you mean Soma FM as in a radio station(which I'm assuming it is) then that's why- Last.fm doesn't scrobble radio.

"How does Scrobbling work on Sonos?

Sonos scrobbles all tracks played in all zones from any of the following sources:

Local Music Library
    Rhapsody
    Napster
    Last.fm
    Pandora
    Sonos does not scrobble tracks from Radio or Sirius Internet Radio. "

https://sonos.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/sonos.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=811&p_created=1220901558&p_sid=mOq16s5k&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MiwyJnBfcHJvZHM9MCZwX2NhdHM9JnBfcHY9JnBfY3Y9JnBfc2VhcmNoX3R5cGU9YW5zd2Vycy5zZWFyY2hfbmwmcF9wYWdlPTEmcF9zZWFyY2hfdGV4dD1zY3JvYmJsaW5n&p_li=&p_topview=1

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 21 Jul 2010, 18:49
    Appreciate the explanation Aaron...

• aNo_nym said...
    • User
    • 11 Feb 2013, 12:31

The question is:

Why not? I would like to have this Feature.

• Bad scrobbling

Maybe this is not the right place (and I guess my bug is more a Sonos problem then a Last.fm or a Spotify problem). Since a day or 2 only 30 procent of my tracks played on Spotify through my Sonos is scrobbled (the same for tracks played on Juke though my Sonos). Playing tracks on the Spotify app on my iMac or iPhone get scrobbled as it should be.
    I tried reseting my Sonos system, but that doesn't help. I re-entered my last.fm account in my Sonos system but that doesn't help either. I'm out of options, anyone got an idea?

There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something, we'd all love one another.
    [FZ]
    • D-Kossu said...
    • User
    • 11 Jul 2013, 05:03

Bad Scrobbling

I have the same issue as woordenaar. I'm a new Sonos user and this is quite a turnoff. Has anyone solved this issue?

• Bad Scrobbling

I get very intermittent scrobbling on plays via Sonos. Somedays every single play will be scrobbled, others some plays will be, an example 3 tracks off of a 15 track album and other times it will scrobble nothing... I've only noticed this since the Sonos last updated (it may well have been an issue before then). If I use iTunes to scrobble the same tracks there is no issue or if I use Sonos for last.fm radio.

• Bad Scrobbling

Me too... seems ot be a recent thing missing scrobbles, never noticed it in the previous 4 months of Sonos use.

Annoying.

• Bad Scrobbling

Might be coincidence but I've noticed that when I use the Sonos App on my tablet it appears to scrobble every track I play - but it's when I use the Sonos app on my laptop that's when it's intermittently scrobbling...

If I go back to using the laptop to manage the play list the problem returns. Not sure how anyone else manages their Sonos but interesting to see if it's a Windows 8 client issue or perhaps a setting I've changed.

• I have the same problems whether I use my iPhone or iPad as controller. The problem is in the last Sonos update, no matter what platform you use.

There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something, we'd all love one another.
    [FZ]
    • rjmellor said...
    • Subscriber
    • 15 Jul 2013, 15:55

I'm with xxzantrix...

Yup, some days everything gets scrobbled, other days less then 5 percent, and it's definitely since the last "upgrade". I initially thought it was worse when I used the iPad controller, but I'm pretty sure the bug is controller-agnostic.

The one thing I would say is that last.fm has issued a lot of "database busy" responses lately, so maybe this is a result of Sonos trying to post when last.fm is busy, failing and discarding the scrobbles?

Damn frustrating though...

• ... I think you might be right with the "database busy"

I'm now getting intermittent "database busy" when loading last.fm and no matter which controller app I use nothing is being scrobbled...

very frustrating for sure

• Add a scrobble cache?

I wonder if it's possible to have a scrobble cache of a finite number of tracks (perhaps 100 or 200?) stored on the Sonos itself much the same way the Windows Desktop client does, as I recall that works quite well. There must be some storage available as it's possible to install several apps. My knowledge of the Sonos's insides is very limited :)

• Yeah, a cache would be highly appreciated! I also noticed that in the morning scrobbling works better then in the evening (I live in the netherlands).

[FZ]
  • woordenaar said:
    I have the same problems whether I use my iPhone or iPad as controller. The problem is in the last Sonos update, no matter what platform you use.

Yeah, a "me too" here. Seems to scrobble very randomly at the moment. There's a recent thread on the Sonos forums:

Sonos scrobbling thread

• Fixed?

For the first time in almost two months all my played tracks have been scrobbled the last 24 hours. Without an update or someone saying "sorry, we fucked it up".

[FZ]
  • Fixed?

Appears to be fixed for me also, two days of successful scrobbling... time will tell if this continues to be the case.

• Not fixed yet

It's working in the daytime, but as soon as America wake's up scrobbles get lost again...

[FZ]
  • Definitely not fixed yet

Nothining scobbles via Sonos at all now.

Since the problems began re-entering my password would result in a few scrobbles, now nothing at all.

Is it just me that doesn't have the "Scrobbling On (or Off)" button described by Sonos under "Can scrobbling be disabled?"... https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/811/~/last.fm-and-sonos

• I do have this button Normyboy, I turned it off and on again but that doesn't solve the problem either.

[FZ]
  • Turning the Scrobbling off and on worked for me twice in the past but it allowed maybe 2 or 3 tracks each time before stopping again. The other 3 or 4 times I tried it, it made zero difference - just like completely clearing down the playlist it's worked sometimes but there is no consistency and there is a chance those particular scrobbles would have happened anyway.

Thursday/Friday/Saturday were much better than it's been didn't notice it dropping any scrobbles. Now it's dropped two, scrobbled one, dropped the next.... a rather crude 25%.

• rjmellor said...
    • Subscriber
    • 24 Jul 2013, 09:04

Does anyone know...

...which Sonos component submits the scrobbles? I had always assumed it was the Zoneplayer but I'm wondering if it's the controller? And if it is the controller, what happens if you have multiple controllers active concurrently?

Sad, I know, but this lack of scrobbling is starting to really get to me :-(

• It's not the controller

I use my iPad and my iPhone as controller, that worked fine in the past. Last week it worked fine for about 48 hours, at the moment it's 15-20% of the songs that got scrobbled.

I know it worked, so fix it again and stop pointing to each other Sonos and Last.fm!

[FZ]
    • XQ_ said...
    • User
    • 25 Jul 2013, 14:56
    0% of my songs getting scrobbled. :( Can I check anywhere if they're cached?

• MikeB65 said...
    • User
    • 25 Jul 2013, 17:29
    Scrobbling a problem for me too. Used to work just fine but, as of a week or so ago, it's become very spotty. Sonos Support says they have tier 2 tech team working with Last.fm to try to fix. No indication of what is causing problem or timeline for resolution. Not good...

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.