• New Album

What does everybody think about Zeitgeist?

• its awesome 10/10 im back into pumkins now mwuahahahaha

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 13 Jul 2007, 15:29
    I personally didn't like it. The vocals were too high up in the mix, the guitars weren't thick, and a lot of the songs just kind of sounded the same to me. I didn't like the drum-style either.

• mackil said...
    • User
    • 13 Jul 2007, 23:38
    I really liked it. Not their best, but definitely worthy of the name.

• not bad... but I better like old SP. miss D'arcy and James.
    my favourite song from Zeitgeist is United States.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 6 Aug 2007, 01:07
    it's different but anyway, it's awesome.
    i like united states as well, it's incredibly powerful.
    i also like bleeding the orchid <3

• It's a step backwards. Sounds like the Zero single(UK version). I wanted something that sounded new. I grew up with the pumpkins and I could have gone for something a little more mature than "With guns loaded, devoted, postulate the rest" (i think those are the words) from 7 Shades of Black (though it does rock). I have been listening to it everyday however just b/c it's by Billy Corgan.

• I like the new album a lot. It's not as great as Siamese Dream or Mellon Collie but it's a step in the right direction. And it's certainly better than where they were going with the Machinas.

The vocal overdubs are annoying at times but I think that it's just a sound that they were going for on the album.

And I don't know how anyone can say that they "don't like the drum-style." Chamberlin tears it up on Zeitgeist as he always does.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 29 Sep 2007, 03:11
    I agree with LastFlowers. I don't mind the vocal harmonies... the vocals do add dynamics. And I'm not one to nitpick Corgan's nasal razor of a voice.

There are some weak points but it's what I expected and far more for a comeback album. People expecting the next MCIS are obviously going to be let down.

Edited by a deleted user on 5 Oct 2007, 02:16
  • MY REPLY

It's great live ,I had a chance to see them recently and seeing Ginger and the other newbies tear it up was simply amazing,I love the newer tracks as well superchrist and death from above. PUMPKINS RULE MORE THAN BEFORE !!!

• Personally, I was kinda upset when I listened to it. I mean it has some pretty good songs on it (Tarantula, For God and Country, Doomsday Clock..) but It also has some really bad ones (Neverlost, Come On! Lets Go). It's an alright album, but defenitly not their best work. I would still do anything to see them live though, because I fucking love them.

There, There.
  • Hmmm...For God And Country is the one I like the least. Gots lots of love for Neverlost and (Come On) Let's Go! I'm hoping they put out an EP of the new songs they've performed on tour.

• utube looks

2nd comment- If ya wanna hear some live (EP) possibilities or hear cuts from zeitgeist released in other countries try typing up ,zeitgeist,stella,gossamer,no surrender, for god and country acoustic is kinda cool too.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 11 Oct 2007, 05:30
    (Come On) Let's Go is pretty good, actually. If you like Bring The Light I can't see why you wouldn't like it...

I really love the 'tears were once my only way back home' bit.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 13 Oct 2007, 00:11
    I dont really like it as much as I did the earlier ones...
    Even though Zeitgeist is OKAY, MCIS is still my fave.

• I think older albums are much better, but this one also has some good songs

• Evil__Angel said:
    I think older albums are much better, but this one also has some good songs

Agreed Zeitgeisdt is good.. but the older stuff is better.. Still its a step in the right direction and lets hope Billy gets back into the Zone all the way for the next album... ;-P

• I like a lot of Zeitgeist...but a lot of it I don't like either, which is unusual for me & a Pumpkins album. So yeah, a little disappointed. But there were some great songs. actually one of my faves was the bonus track on one of the releases, "Zeitgeist", as well as the other bonus track "Death From Above".

But on the album itself, redeeming songs for me are "Starz", "Neverlost", "Bleeding the Orchid" (just heard a live acoustic version that was lovely too), "7 Shades of Black", "That's the way (My Love Is)" and...well those are the best in my opinion.

"We've graduated now from [being called] 'the next Jane's Addiction' to 'the next Nirvana,' now we're 'the next Pearl Jam.'" (Billy Corgan, 1993)
    Music is my boyfriend.
    Woody's a girl @ last.fm
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 15 Oct 2010, 18:35

Good.

Really good, but have better.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.