Best slide guitar tune...

• Best slide guitar tune...

So many songs, which one is your favourite?

• What a tune. Lapslide Tuning - CGCEGC. Tab on http://www.911tabs.com/link/?4107582

• good blues slide tune in open D.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 14 Nov 2007, 22:07
    Keb Mo : am i wrong

simpe, nothing to fancy, cool rhythm. Love it! couldn't find a vid of him playing it, but this gives you the idea

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 14 Nov 2007, 22:10
    and anything bob brozman does too, that guys crazy. slide or not.

• keb' mo's am i wrong tune is a classic. just on the button, simple and groovy. brozman looks like a high school science teacher and plays like a maniac hahaha his instructional book is just incredible too, if there is anyone else out there trying to learn to play slide...

alvin youngblood hart is great for mississippi blues too, his slide playing is pretty solid..

Edited by TheMallowMan on 26 Nov 2007, 11:16
  • classic. nothing beats the Dog.

'Evah-body know de Hound!'
    hahahah!! what a character.

• Missing Cat - We're Walking

Missing Cat's Last FM

• almagal said...
    • User
    • 16 Aug 2009, 21:43

• Voy0 said...
    • User
    • 4 Jan 2010, 00:49
    You should definitely check out some White Stripes tunes... They got some pretty tight slide riffs including Seven Nation Army (damn, I hate all those lame non-slide covers), Red Rain, I Fought Piranhas, Little Bird, Death Letter (a cover, I know, but still awesome when played live) and a few more. The Raconteurs' "Top Yourself" is also great, when concerning Jack White's guitar work.

And when it comes to other bands and artists:

- Eagles Of Death Metal "Chase The Devil"
    - The Rolling Stones "No Expectations" and "Ventilator Blues"
    - JB Hutto "Combination Boogie"
    - AC/DC "Stormy May Day"
    - George Thorogood "Bad To The Bone"

• m3tr0 said...
    • User
    • 28 Jan 2010, 01:34
    I've got to say Led Zeppelin's In My Time Of Dying. I love it so much.

¿Hueles eso? ¿Lo hueles, hijo? Es el napalm. Me gusta el olor del napalm, sobre todo cuando amanece. Una vez bombardeamos una colina sin parar durante 12 horas y cuando acabamos de machacarla subí a ella. No encontré nada, salvo el cadaver de un viet. ¡Pero qué olor aquél! ¡Allí olía a victoria!
  • When I think of slide guitar, I think of Pura Fe!

• Difficult, but I think I'd go with Let It Bleed... it's so goddamn beautiful...

• Ry Cooder's version of The Dark End Of The Street.

The best slide solo of all time.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/6qiaksN_9HY?t=2m48s[/youtube]

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.