Songs that aren't so awesome or are yet to leave an impact:

1. Gobbledigook
    2. Illgresi

I'd say I'm pretty damn pleased with this album :D

totally agree!!! :)

• samern said...
    • User
    • 11 Oct 2008, 11:52
    At first I didn't like it. I remember the first time I heard Gobbledigook I thought SR were doomed. Then I got to listen to the rest of the songs, several times and saw that they had to enter a new dimension in order to continuously evolve into a new style. It was a good move in my opinion and their new producer did a great job :)

• American English 'Gobbledygook'.

In American English the term 'gobbledygook' usually refers to a jumble of words that make no sense or the meaning of which is known by few. Often gobbledygook is used on purpose in an attempt to lead the listener/reader away from the original point of the conversation or to compensate for a lack of knowledge on a subject.

According to the 'New York Times', 'Gobbledygook' was first coined by Fontaine Maury Maverick.

"He came up with the term 'gobbledygook' in frustration at the convoluted language of bureaucrats."

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/05/weekinreview/05schwartz.html

I don't know if this is the same meaning/word Sigur Ros intended for the song, or if it means/is something different for them.

--------------------------------------------

• my god...i loooooooooooooove this album. just adore it :)

• I love it, is one of my favorite albums of 2008. :D

• I was listening this album few weeks all the time. Great performance indeed.

• The word 'Gobbledigook' comes from a Dutch mans name I believe, for some reason, I can't remember why but I remember reading that.
    But yeah, its meaning is for words/sentences that don't make sense in English and American English.

Anyhow, I think the albums good but I prefer their older work. I think the second half fizzles out a bit too much too. Its a nice album overall though. I just don't want them to take the new direction too far.

"It was almost the perfect crime but you forgot one thing: Rock crushes scissors...but paper covers rock, and scissors cut paper! Kif, we have a conundrum! Search them for paper ... and bring me a rock."
  • The first album which I listened by Sigur Rós...
    My feelings? "Wow, it's sooo strange and airy music, I want more" :)
    I love Gobbledigook and Við spilum endalaust.
    Today I finally listened also ( ) and I think I really want to know all discography.

• oh god... my ears cry. Holy crap from them, why this joke ?
    i'm so disappointed by... this...
    the only that i can listen with joy is "Straumnes", only...

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.