• gEEEERa said...
    • User
    • 9 Mar 2012, 02:54

Best of 2012

Any ideas? I don't think i heard any other than Trailer Trash Tracys

• Alcest - Les Voyages de l'Ame

• disappears

Just discovered the Disappears.
    Great driving music that gets you into a mellow groove. check them out! I think they'll be one of my favorite bands of 1012.

• Whirr - Pipe Dreams Spotify

• gEEEERa said...
    • User
    • 21 Mar 2012, 23:27
    I can't find any mp3 of The Disappears, perhaps it is because they are a band from 1012

• be sure to check Les Discrets' "Ariettes Oubliées...". I may like Alcest, but their last effort is a bit disappointing if compared to the album that those other Frenchies conceived. the fact that I craved for another "Écailles de Lune" might be the cause. nevermind, Les Discrets, go for it.

and also "Prodigal Summer" by Snow in Mexico; it's only a 4-track EP, but hell, I hope they'll do someday a full-length full of tracks like these.

and I base that on absolutely nothing.
  • dhorasoo said:
    be sure to check Les Discrets' "Ariettes Oubliées...". I may like Alcest, but their last effort is a bit disappointing if compared to the album that those other Frenchies conceived. the fact that I craved for another "Écailles de Lune" might be the cause. nevermind, Les Discrets, go for it.

and also "Prodigal Summer" by Snow in Mexico; it's only a 4-track EP, but hell, I hope they'll do someday a full-length full of tracks like these.

Didn't know Les Discrets had a new release! Will check it out!

• hh6 said...
    • User
    • 9 Apr 2012, 06:13
    Beach House - Bloom. Due for release in May 14th but already leaked.

• yoditon said...
    • User
    • 8 May 2012, 03:12
    • Mikkons said...
    • User
    • 13 May 2012, 22:26
    Alcest - Les Voyages de l'Ame [2]

• Whirr - Pipe Dreams is by far my favourite of this year thus far, and one of my favourite shoegaze records for years. Sleep Party People's WWDOASS is great if dreampop is also factored in.

• Drowner is my best find so far this year - check the album also called Drowner. Standout tracks are Written and Tiny Ship.

• From to Athens, Georgia....

"Weekend", by PacificUV: http://pacificuv.bandcamp.com/album/weekends

Saludos!

Los frutos tardíos son los más dulces.
  • Surprisingly, I like Young Prisms - In Between a lot. You should check it out even if you don't like their first (i didn't like it either)

• Best Shoegaze now

• k_eve said...
    • Subscriber
    • 17 Jul 2012, 12:18
    Alcest's latest release is pretty boring. I believe Neige should have waited one more year for a new release, just as he did with Écailles de Lune.

• anagain said...
    • User
    • 20 Jul 2012, 11:57
    Field Mouse

You Guys Are Gonna Wake Up My Mom

Yeah, the YT vid is 2011 but the 7" is 2012

Similar stuff to the likes of Mint Julep and Seaspin. What i like to call female-fronted dream pop because...welll...it is.

I really can't recommend these guys highly enough. There's not enough bands that I can become so addicted to after just one listen of one of their tracks. Mint Julep was one and these guys are another.

• Drowner - Drowner
    Wild Nothing - Nocturne
    Echodrone - Bon Voyage
    Her Vanished Grace - Star-Crossed
    Landing - Landing
    All Will Be Quiet - On The First Day
    The Lost Rivers - Sin And Lostness
    Trailer Trash Tracys - Ester
    Kiss Kiss Fantastic - Dark Matter
    Echo Lake - Wild Peace
    Whirr - Pipe Dreams
    Sea Dweller - signs of a perfect disaster
    Pacific UV - Weekends

• Re: disappears

meganhug said:
    Just discovered the Disappears.
    Great driving music that gets you into a mellow groove. check them out! I think they'll be one of my favorite bands of 1012.

I definitely agree

• gEEEERa said...
    • User
    • 16 Aug 2012, 23:13
    Whirr's last album is delicious

• k_eve said...
    • Subscriber
    • 29 Aug 2012, 23:19
    gEEEERa said:

Distressor is amazing. I only discover them because of your comment. Thanks buddy!

• Bailterspace - Strobosphere
    The Life And Times - No One Loves You Like I Do

• gEEEERa said...
    • User
    • 13 Sep 2012, 23:19
    k_eve escribió:
    gEEEERa said:

Distressor is amazing. I only discover them because of your comment. Thanks buddy!

Fuck yeah, i'm glad you liked them as well

• gEEEERa said...
    • User
    • 13 Sep 2012, 23:19
    Also, Sea Dweller

• still waiting for the second coming of the December Sound. and Bethany Curve's "Murder".

and I base that on absolutely nothing.
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.