Which saxophone do you play?

• JJPozo said...
    • User
    • 3 Jun 2007, 01:14

Which saxophone do you play?

I would like to do a little survey and my question is which saxophone do you play.

I play the Tenor Saxophone, a Yanagisawa 901.

• I play Tenor Saxophone too, James Trevor.

• Yello said...
    • User
    • 13 Jun 2007, 10:24
    Soprano - YSS-475
    Alto - YAS-23
    Tenor - YTS-23
    Baritone - YBS-52

So that makes me a Yamaha guy for now, right? :-) Never actually wanted to take that route, but these axes happen to play well and to be within my current price range. Next station - Keilwerth Shadow :-)))

Edited by Yello on 16 Mar 2008, 00:39
    • Maalu85 said...
    • User
    • 16 Jul 2007, 21:06
    Yamaha Custom YAS-875

Aufersteh'n, ja aufersteh'n
    wirst du, mein Herz, in einem Nu!
    Was du geschlagen
    zu Gott wird es dich tragen!
  • Alto - Yamaha YAS 62, old but still good
    Soprano - Yanagisawa S991, love the high G key

• Armstrong, an alto, it kicks ass ^^ *hugs saxophone* it's an old saxophone, though...

Bright is the moon, high in starlight; chill is the air, cold as steel tonight.
    We shift, call of the wild...fear in your eyes...it's later than you realized!
    Edited by LoveHendrix67 on 17 Oct 2007, 13:35
    • Jondood said...
    • User
    • 16 Oct 2007, 01:23
    Alto saxophone, don't really know the brand, I use the school's ones and I use a different saxophone every time the band meets.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 16 Oct 2007, 21:18
    alto saxophone over here, yamaha (:

• Tenor: Selmer Super 80 action series 2 (what a mouthful ;))
    Baritone: Not tottaly sure, but it's not as good as the Tenor, but it does have a nice low A key :)

my myspace

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool;)
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 8 Jan 2008, 12:50
    alto yamaha yas 275

• Dokka said...
    • User
    • 15 Jan 2008, 21:36
    Got a alto Selmer SuperActoin 80 serie 2.. and a Van doreen a45 mouthpeace! Jazzy here..

• anarima said...
    • User
    • 17 Jan 2008, 20:09
    I play the tenor saxophone and I have an old Conn

• tenor guy, selmer, see pic

• Tenor: Martin Imperial 1969

Soprano: 1928 Conn New Wonder straight

• I play a King Super 20 Alto. When I was a senior in high school, I asked my parents for a Selmer SA 80. The music store they ordered it from went bankrupt, and all they had in stock was the King. I hated the horn when I first got it, but over the years it has become my girl and it has a marvelous tone. It seriously needs overhauled, as I haven't in about 20 years. But it plays by force of will, and it's gotten me through gigs at, among other venues, the Apollo, House of Blues, and Red Rocks. It's seen the likes of Afrikaa Bambattaa, The Roots and James Brown. Someday I'll retire her, but for now she's my sound.

I'd eventually like to add tenor and soprano to my regalia, but for now I'm all about the Alto.

• I dont have anything special, i dont even have a sax teacher.
    I bought one off ebay, and looked up the music notes on wikipedia, and now 2yrs later, i can play most of Stan Getz stuff (not when he goes into a mad solo of course)

Mirage Eb Alto, and i definitely need more notes, i hate the octal range of the Eb.

• Cannonball, Gerald Albright Signiture Series (Black)

• alto, classic, czechslovakia, older than me definately.Looks like charity thing,but still i love it :}

"Jei istorijoje užsimenama apie pistoletą, galų gale jis turi iššauti" - Antonas Čechovas
  • An old Crampon Buffet 1959 classic alto. Very warm low register. Cannonball had one.

Selim
    • anzila said...
    • User
    • 11 May 2008, 20:23
    I play a Dolnet alto. And I really love it :D

• brand new ....

I bought a brand new Yamaha YAS-65 (Series II) alto sax a couple months ago. I was previously playing on an Armstrong, sounded pretty good for a lower end sax.

Anyway, I've had the Armstrong since the early 80s and it was getting a little beat down. The new 65 is a dream to play.

Currently looking at getting a Meyer 5 mouthpiece for it, just haven't made it to the music store to try them out.

BTW - Great group

-Jon

• I've been playing on a "Golden Bird" alto (lol I don't even know wtf that brand is) and I just bought an alto Yamaha Z :D

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 11 Jul 2008, 12:44
    i play alto tenor and soprano... in pitch order...

soprano - elkhart entry model... i don't like playing soprano and i don;t really wanna upgarde it...

alto - yani 901... amazing little saxophone, but because i want a vintage sound, i'm gonna upgrade this to a very nice conn 6m from the early 1940's... beautiful saxophones, they the ones with the underslung crook and the microtuner.

tenor - dunno...

i bought it from nottingham for £500 and it's beautiful. stunning silver finish, and what a tone! only problem with it is the action, which get's very sluggish in top F / F sharp.

+

i just had a quick flick up the posts and notice that nobody here plays a selmer 6... i salute you people for not conforming. although a selmer 6's action is just to die for... i couldn't live with one, plus they're so expensive!!!

• rwa66 said...
    • User
    • 17 Jul 2008, 12:33
    Tenor: a Jupiter JP587GL. Same quality as the Yamaha study models..
    I think it is bit too shiny, yuck ;)
    So I am thinking about buying a Topsax Legend with a nicer vinage look :)

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 21 Jul 2008, 10:25
    i got my conn 6m... such an amazing sax!

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.