Script ala greasemonkey?

• Script ala greasemonkey?

On the forums of Last.fm you always read about the so-called greasemonkey scripts for Mozilla applications. They allow you for example to show what has changed in your charts in the same way as it is done without greasemonkey on the main charts of this site.
    Does anyone know if such scripting possibilities exsist for Safari and where to (possibly) get them?

• There is an equivelant for Safari called CreamMonkey

However, the greasemonkey scripts are built specifically for greasemonkey. I've tried them in CreamMonkey and they won't work.
    As they also use javascript, though, it would simply be the case of someone who knows how to program / write javascript, converting the greasemonkey versions into creammonkey ones.

This is easier than it sounds because creammonkey (unlike greasemonkey) doesn't require any special changes to make them work. Any old standard javascript should work fine.
    So all you should need is someone to convert the greasemonkey scripts to standard Javascript.

They will then run fine under creammonkey.

The difficult part in this whole process is finding someone who can write javascript to do it :D

PS I use firefox as my secondary browser and I do use the greasemonkey scripts, so I agree that being able to use equivalents on my primary browser (Safari) would be good

• Thanks, I'll look into this as soon as possible. I think I know a few people that can do this. But they don't use last.fm, so I wonder if I can convince them to do it, but i'll try

• snyde1 said...
    • Subscriber
    • 30 Aug 2007, 20:53
    You might want to try the scripts on user scripts. These are written for the Opera browser. I don't have Safari on a Mac to test them, but they are more generic than Greasemonkey scripts.

There may still be differences between Safari and Opera ECMAscript (aka javascript).

Improve your view of Last.fm - add some User Scripts.
    Did I hear that right? Mondegreens - for the misheard word. Like Odds? Can't get better than Even Odds!

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
    • snyde1 said...
    • Subscriber
    • 30 Aug 2007, 20:53
    [duplicate entry - sorry]

Improve your view of Last.fm - add some User Scripts.
    Did I hear that right? Mondegreens - for the misheard word. Like Odds? Can't get better than Even Odds!

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.