Favorite Drum song of Rush?

• Jp19091 said...
    • User
    • 16 Nov 2009, 23:43

Favorite Drum song of Rush?

What's your favorite drum song that you think Rush and Neil Peart created? Anything from 1974-2008.

• Jp19091 said...
    • User
    • 16 Nov 2009, 23:45
    I'd have to say that La Villa Strangiato is by far the most exhausting, experimental, and technical drum song.

• YYZ

" Preservation of one self is the absolute truth Prove you are worthy or be tossed aside Infiltration Equals Downfall "
  • YYZ... it's awesome

inukshuk, in the likeness of the man - Ghost Rider
  • i've always been partial to red barchetta. also 'the rhythm method' on different stages is godly. roll the windows down and turn it up!

Once in awhile you get shown in the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • For me there is three songs which seriously stand out:

1. The Main Monkey Business
    2. Red Sector A
    3. Leave That Thing Alone

-.---.----..
  • Leave That Thing Alone it's nice too...
    I like the fills in "Show Don't Tell"

inukshuk, in the likeness of the man - Ghost Rider
  • Very difficult to say... Being a drummer myself, Neil has been a big influence to me, so almost anything he's done is excellent. To narrow it down to one song, I'll maybe have to agree with Jp19091on La Villa Strangiato.

• I have to go with La Villa Strangiato: evidence on the Rio DVD.

• M0Duss said...
    • User
    • 30 Jul 2011, 20:14
    The Spirit of Radio has always been an enjoyable song to play drums to.. or all the pieces in the 'O Baterista' drumsolo on Rush in Rio..

we still could have it really good....if you still want it to....
  • Xanadú

• Harfang said...
    • Subscriber
    • 6 Apr 2012, 17:04
    Oddly enough I think it's Beneath Between & Behind. That main drum... hook... or whatever is so tasty.

• YYZ

• La Villa Strangiato is technical masterpiece for drums in rock genre. ;)

Mountain Biking!!! Because for football, basketball and tennis you only need one ball!
    • Lev72 said...
    • User
    • 21 Dec 2013, 23:00
    Tom Sawyer
    Dreamline
    Animate

-I leave in love, laughter and truth, and wherever that abides, I'm there in spirit-
    • Tanmut said...
    • Subscriber
    • 23 Feb 2014, 13:11
    I like the moment in Xanadu tightly before "A thousand years have come and gone..." when Neil starts on toms copy the notes Geddy plays. Otherwise I love Neil's drumming in Natural Science.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.