Songs that encourage the murder of gay people ...

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 11 Mar 2008, 15:19

Songs that encourage the murder of gay people ...

As you may know homophobic lyrics are common in the Jamaican Music Scene.
    Eminently dancehall is making rabble-rousing speeches against gay people.

Artists like Buju Banton, Elephant Man, Bounty Killer and Sizzla leading the charts.

Any truth to the rumour that black slaves were raped by males and finally associate same-sex (gays) equate with evil/bad?!

That still isn't any sort of reason for homophobia?!

How important are the transmitted messages to yourself?

In my honest opinion, this can not be the way of one love thinking.

Edited by a deleted user on 19 Mar 2008, 08:25
  • Agree with Yuh. How ppl can say One Love then say "bun bun chi chi man" or so... And cuz of these lyrics i dont listen to for example Sizzla anymore.... Whats more ive heard that some1 found a weapons in Sizzlas house... why ppl of love keep weapons in their houses?

"Never let the children cry!"
    "Until the colour of a man's skin Is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes Me say War!"
    "Imagine all the people, living life in peace"
    "Hip-Hop doesnt divide us, but connects us!"
  • i also agree with ya
    but i think homophibia is against the evolution but everybody is free and you can't say what they have to do, so they can love everybody or everything
    I also agree with you that that is no thinking of one love when you sing against it.

Wenn Krieg die Antwort ist stellen wir die falschen Fragen
    • vitroid said...
    • User
    • 17 Dec 2008, 19:11
    that's true, it's a very serious and controversial problem in today's world not only in groupe of people connected with reggae music(many of us are really enemies of same-sex-prefering people WHILE they speak many about love and peace-that's obscure for me!!), i know it might disgusts us but we should be more tolerant and.. instead of critic gay people just let them love! equal rights for everybody, don't divide people on better and worse in dependance of their sexuality!
    i don't know why homophobia appeared in jamaican artists' area..

• i agree with ya, even if that's not normal and is some kind of genetic error we shouldn't and we can't hate them. I don't agree with this artists about the gays. /i think that if they're happy, let they be happy as gays. It's only theirs decision, we can't change them by violence and attacs.
    About the lyrics: Anthony B. said, that by "burn sth or sb" he meant the moral fire. nothing bout burnin' people as in middle ages in f.e. PL by catholic church, christians.

• Me say no love shud be rewarded with violence!

Btw. How can u know what exactly he means?

"Until the colour of a man's skin Is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes Me say War!"
  • i hope that it's about moral fire, that's my interpretation, as same as interpretation of burnin' Babylon. I think there was an interview with some artist, if i find it i'll send you a link.
    I agree with these artists about uniting of people, doesn't matter where are they from, what skin colour they have, but i don't agree with opinion about homosexualists. .
    peace&love(for everyone)

• and a fire is a symbol of katharsis, it means moral cleaning, and moral healing.

• Is this still the case? I thought theses artists had retracted controversial lyrics and moved forward, I'm not going to defend what they said however I'd want to point out that Jamaican society is a fairly macho one interwoven with a lot of old testament beliefs where these these opinions would not be considered unusual, I also think that Rasta and Reggae is having to consider more and more what, where and who their audience is these day's as the culture is firmly moving off island and going global - Bless up!
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne2Ju9K5ZyE&feature=PlayList&p=85658C172048FEA9&index=0&playnext=1[/youtube]

Jah Stitch, legendary deejay from Tippertone and Black Harmony...
    http://whocorkthedance.blogspot.com/2009/02/jah-stitch-medical-aid-special.html
  • I know the following text is not really about Songs that encourage the murder of gay people, but I have to ask...maybe some of you have an answer for me

I saw the charts in this group and saw that Sizzla had been listen about 35 times...and so I asked myself WHY???

I don`t know...maybe most of the people only listen to the musik and the lyrics are not important for them...and because of this they can listen to Sizzla without feelig mad or something else

For me is the text of a song very important...the music is only the way to tell the message
    And I asked myself again :) ...for how many people is the text also very important not only the music... I told my questions some friends of mine...and only 2 said that they think the text is very important to them..most of them only listen the music

I can't understand this..because if I hear an agressive song i want to know why is this song agressive and I will listen to the text, the same is with a love song or every song

And if we choose Sizzla...In my opinion his lyrics are a little bit agressive...so I listen to his lyrics and will find out that he will murder gay people...and we know, that I don`t share the same opinion...how can I listen this song again???

I found no answer....maybe somebody can help me

one love and peace on earth

• Same here i prefer (more often lyrics than music) but music is also important cuz the way u tell sth is important too.

Dunno why maybe cuz u find music more interestin than lyrics in these songs.

• I really enjoy Sizzla's music and never even noticed that he was so anti-gay, until I read about it and started listening more to the lyrics. I am writing because of Ras_Tafari_1992's post asking if people listen only for the music and sometimes not the lyrics. I do. Most of the time I am not even listening to the lyrics, but simply enjoying the beats. Especially if the song is new to me, unless the lyrics are easily understood. This is sometimes not the case with reggae music. For me, it can be hard to understand some artists' lyrics. I wouldn't want anyone to think that I am anti-anyone or anything, just because I listen to reggae music. One love should be just that and I hope that one day it will be so! PEACE AND LOVE TO EVERYONE, EVERYWHERE!!!!

iLoveDUB
  • No I don't wanted to say that this ppl are with the same opinion like the artist is
    and if I`m going out I also listen sometimes only to the musik, I like to float in the beat and only dance and thinking about nothing and just chill :)....but when I'm sitting at home an only chill I mostly listen to the lyrics...ore think about Jah and the world :)
    But I know some ppl which only listens to the musik and not to the lyrics and they know nothing about the lyrics....and I wondered about it.

It's right that some songs are really hard to understand...but I often took me the time to look words up and look for the lyrics in the net to translate the lyrics

I have no problem if someone only listens to the musik...but I thought that there maybe would be reasons for this and how important lyrics are for you all

Jah bless ya all
    one love :)

• You can't be rastafari and yell out Jah love if you encourage the gay movement.
    Rastafari is about purity and there is nothing pure about 2 men having fun in bed.
    Jah created Man and a Women for a reason, if he would want so called pawtyboys to exists he wouldn't even bother creating a women.
    As for my opinion they really aren't bothering me so i let them be as long as they don't mess with me. And iLoveDUB if you can't understand the lyrics of Roots reggae its quite useles to listen to it. roots is about roots, rastafari and if you can't understand it then you're just part of babylon and i don't mean pronouncement of the artists but the meaning and message in the songs.
    Many blessings. :)~

• So who created so called "pawtyboys" ?

• Kadaif said...
    • User
    • 17 Oct 2009, 21:53
    Rastafari and gays nah go together.So we not allowed to speak our minds?

Show me what u got!!!
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.