period of time between listening and upload

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 19 Jan 2008, 14:46

period of time between listening and upload

hey there,

how long can i wait before i have to upload my scrobbler.log to last.fm?

for example, when i want to upload my logfile from 2 weeks ago, the songs are not beeing imported.

is there a limt??

thx,
    thomas

• b9AcE said...
    • User
    • 7 Feb 2008, 02:22
    Using QTScrobbler on Windows I was able to upload data that was about 96 hours old so far.
    I haven't gone longer than that before trying to upload, so I don't know if there is a limit.
    Just make sure you stop your player on the computer (foobar2000/iTunes/whatever you use) during the transfer.

• sputter said...
    • User
    • 8 Feb 2008, 00:44
    I think when I initially did my upload it was almost 2 weeks old. I had enabled the scrobble log, but hadn't uploaded it til a few days ago. You have to use QTScrobbler as it has support for the newer protocol.

From the Rockbox Wiki

Upload methods that use protocol 1.1 are limited to submitting songs in the order in which they are listened to. If you also submit tracks via a PC you must upload the Rockbox .scrobbler.log before you listen on your computer. Protocol 1.2 lifts this limitation

I jumped, but someone caught me. I cut ,but someone stopped the bleeding. There's nothing left, but to let others save me
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.