Homosexuality?

 
    • Ridikul said...
    • User
    • 13 Oct 2008, 09:40

    Homosexuality?

    Think it's right? Wrong?

    I think our purpose is to evolve, and homosexuality prevents that.

  • look at a male, look at a female... i think that when is comes to sex it is pretty obvious that it is for a male and a female. Homosexuality just seems unnatural.

  • I don't understand them at all but it's inborn, even penguins are gay, so leave them alone.

    Don't you believe in a god? Click here.
    Are you interested in some eclectic music? Click here.
    Do you dislike sports? Click here.
    Do you read this? Click here.
    Are you gay? Click here.
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 13 Oct 2008, 23:59
    I think our purpose is to evolve, and homosexuality prevents that.

    I don't understand how evolution is our purpose. It is the reason we are here, yes, but we aren't bound to continue to be acted on by natural selection. Evolution is simply the adaptation of a species to its environment. Due to medical care, social norms, and our technological environments, natural selection is barely acting on us at all.

    Even if we were our purpose, I don't see where homosexuality provides a problem. Only a minority of the population are strictly homosexual, and they don't prevent straight people from having kids. Many straight people don't even want to have kids. If you want to look at it from a sociobiological perspective, it may be a form of population control. We aren't the only species with gay individuals. Homosexuality has been documented in hundreds of species, so I don't think it would be a hindrance to evolution.

    look at a male, look at a female... i think that when is comes to sex it is pretty obvious that it is for a male and a female. Homosexuality just seems unnatural.


    Ok, I don't see how it's obvious that sex should only be between a male and a female. Oral sex? Fingering? Kissing? Hand jobs? Anal sex? Masturbation? There are plenty of sexual activities people of any variety can have without needing exactly one penis and one vagina.

    • Ridikul said...
    • User
    • 14 Oct 2008, 04:25
    Alright, if the purpose is not to evolve, then our purpose is simply to mate with other humans.

    I'm going to go ahead and say I think homosexuality is natural. It acts to prevent overpopulation.

  • well i don't think there are enough homosexuals to prevent overpopulation... i don't personally think it's wrong but i don't like it either. i guess it would be a natural occurance, but doesn't seem natural in the sense that it's normal.

    plus a lot of that is problems with hormones not real love or anything.

    my thrash metal band.

    www.myspace.com/sadisticritual

    i swear i hate children of bodom
    • Ridikul said...
    • User
    • 14 Oct 2008, 20:58
    It doesn't prevent it, it helps though. A lot of it is hormones? The exact same thing goes for a heterosexual couple. I don't see why a man can't love another man the same way a man loves a woman.

  • Ridikul said:
    It doesn't prevent it, it helps though. A lot of it is hormones? The exact same thing goes for a heterosexual couple. I don't see why a man can't love another man the same way a man loves a woman.


    well, natures way of doing that was for reproduction, it doesn't work with a man...

    my thrash metal band.

    www.myspace.com/sadisticritual

    i swear i hate children of bodom
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 15 Oct 2008, 04:33
    BodomNoob said:

    well, natures way of doing that was for reproduction, it doesn't work with a man...


    Who says love is only meant for those who will reproduce? Love could exist for many different reasons. Maybe it keeps social groups and families bonded together. Or maybe it's important in giving people some purpose in life.

    Do you intend of having children with every person you fall in love with? If this isn't important for love, why is it weird for there to be same-sex couples? In any case, same-sex couples can still have children, through adoption, artificial insemination, surrogate mothers, or even just helping others take care of their children.

    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 15 Oct 2008, 20:41

    FREEDOM

    Freedom of speech, freedom of religion, freedom of sexuality.

  • Ridikul said:
    I'm going to go ahead and say I think homosexuality is natural. It acts to prevent overpopulation.

    Could be right.

    Don't you believe in a god? Click here.
    Are you interested in some eclectic music? Click here.
    Do you dislike sports? Click here.
    Do you read this? Click here.
    Are you gay? Click here.
  • culicidae said:
    BodomNoob said:

    well, natures way of doing that was for reproduction, it doesn't work with a man...


    Who says love is only meant for those who will reproduce? Love could exist for many different reasons. Maybe it keeps social groups and families bonded together. Or maybe it's important in giving people some purpose in life.

    Do you intend of having children with every person you fall in love with? If this isn't important for love, why is it weird for there to be same-sex couples? In any case, same-sex couples can still have children, through adoption, artificial insemination, surrogate mothers, or even just helping others take care of their children.


    well i think humans are the only creatures to invent the feelings of love. most animals are all sex drive and just mate... they don't really have feelings of love, in terms of sexuality. Sure they love their children and family, but mabey i'm wrong.

    my thrash metal band.

    www.myspace.com/sadisticritual

    i swear i hate children of bodom
    • Ridikul said...
    • User
    • 17 Oct 2008, 07:31
    I believe you're correct.

  • i think a lot of my morals come because religion was hardwired into my brain, however i don't think homosexuality is immoral, but i don't necessarily like it either.

    my thrash metal band.

    www.myspace.com/sadisticritual

    i swear i hate children of bodom
  • Whats the big deal?

    some blokes like blondes, some like brunettes, some like other blokes.

    What two or more consenting adults get up to is thier bussiness

  • BodomNoob said:
    culicidae said:
    BodomNoob said:

    well, natures way of doing that was for reproduction, it doesn't work with a man...


    Who says love is only meant for those who will reproduce? Love could exist for many different reasons. Maybe it keeps social groups and families bonded together. Or maybe it's important in giving people some purpose in life.

    Do you intend of having children with every person you fall in love with? If this isn't important for love, why is it weird for there to be same-sex couples? In any case, same-sex couples can still have children, through adoption, artificial insemination, surrogate mothers, or even just helping others take care of their children.


    well i think humans are the only creatures to invent the feelings of love. most animals are all sex drive and just mate... they don't really have feelings of love, in terms of sexuality. Sure they love their children and family, but mabey i'm wrong.


    How did we invent the feelings of love? Why did we invent the feelings of love? what about our other feelings like compassion, hate, depression, joy, excitement, thankfulness, sympathy, guilt, embarrassment, and grief? Not to mention we are the only creatures that debate.

  • zoeright said:
    BodomNoob said:
    culicidae said:
    BodomNoob said:

    well, natures way of doing that was for reproduction, it doesn't work with a man...


    Who says love is only meant for those who will reproduce? Love could exist for many different reasons. Maybe it keeps social groups and families bonded together. Or maybe it's important in giving people some purpose in life.

    Do you intend of having children with every person you fall in love with? If this isn't important for love, why is it weird for there to be same-sex couples? In any case, same-sex couples can still have children, through adoption, artificial insemination, surrogate mothers, or even just helping others take care of their children.


    well i think humans are the only creatures to invent the feelings of love. most animals are all sex drive and just mate... they don't really have feelings of love, in terms of sexuality. Sure they love their children and family, but mabey i'm wrong.


    How did we invent the feelings of love? Why did we invent the feelings of love? what about our other feelings like compassion, hate, depression, joy, excitement, thankfulness, sympathy, guilt, embarrassment, and grief? Not to mention we are the only creatures that debate.


    i can't tell whether you are arguing or agreeing with me... you just posted questions.

    but yes, i don't see so many animals who hold feelings of hatred... at least not in the same way. Embarrassment is definitely not an issue to animals, but grief is. Animals do mourn the loss of their family members and young.

    my thrash metal band.

    www.myspace.com/sadisticritual

    i swear i hate children of bodom
    • Ridikul said...
    • User
    • 18 Oct 2008, 04:24
    Animals feel hate, they just don't show it in the same way. A human might hate someone for all their life, because we are the most intelligent animal.

  • how did we evolve to be the most intelligent animal? are all creatures evolving; that is what evolution teachs, right? and are they, one day, going to be as intelligent as us? will they start schools, start wearing clothes, make-up gods, and then debate on there or not gods exist?

    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 23 Oct 2008, 18:57
    zoeright said:
    how did we evolve to be the most intelligent animal? are all creatures evolving; that is what evolution teachs, right? and are they, one day, going to be as intelligent as us? will they start schools, start wearing clothes, make-up gods, and then debate on there or not gods exist?


    You are completely misunderstanding evolution. Intelligence isn't an end goal of our evolution. Evolution by natural selection is a blind process. It is simply about organisms adapting to their environment. All existing organisms are at the same stage of their evolutionary history. We aren't more evolved than chimps (or trees, bacteria, and jellyfish), we're just different. They are cousins, not our ancestors.

    Our intelligence was just one particular consequence of our evolutionary path. Intelligence, for whatever reason, was a trait that increased our survivability. There is nothing really that special about us, except for what we believe due to our own bias. I'm not saying human beings don't have value, I'm just saying in the grand scheme of the universe, we are just an irrelevant speck.

  • [spam]

    [spam]

    Edited by hjbardenhagen on 21 Dec 2010, 09:41
  • @ RedeemerOfChaos... wrong! morality is subjective

    and @Zoeright... We are NOT any better than most other animals out there. Sure we are intelligent, but they are much more skilled in different things. Try wrestling a bear and see how great your god made you. You will be killed.

    my thrash metal band.

    www.myspace.com/sadisticritual

    i swear i hate children of bodom
    • Ridikul said...
    • User
    • 26 Oct 2008, 22:43
    Nothing is right or wrong until you decide it is.

    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 27 Oct 2008, 22:42
    RedeemerOfChaos said:
    There is no argument, homosexuality isn't right. End of story.


    Actually, you do need to provide an argument, because there are many who disagree with you, and have good reason too. Otherwise you are accusing a large number of people of being immoral based on your prejudiced feelings without having any good reason.

  • Everyone is different. I mean, some people have sex with animals and children and stuff.

    As long as the sex is consentual (as can't be the case with children or mentally handicapped people, due to their inability to formulate a full concept of whats going on). Again, it comes down to "free will" do what you want, you're free, but to be a hippocrate and take someone elses "free will" from them, (cf children/innocents), doesn't work in my opinion.

    That poor, poor dog.
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.