Thoughts on abortion?

• I don't know about condoms... :S

You'd better learn. We certainly don't want a bunch of little greyfoxes running around.

And go respond to the evolution thread. I wrote that nice long post just for your benefit, the least you can do is read it.

There's no problem a few frag grenades can't fix.

Cookies for Godlessness
    My Twin in life, love, mind, and music: ISoS
    The snake that cannot shed its skin perishes. So do the spirits who are prevented from changing their opinions; they cease to be spirit. -Nietzsche
  • Well, until I decide wether condoms are good or bad I will HAVE to use them! Relax...
    Maybe you're lucky and the kids are more like their mother... :P

RageofAnath said:
    And go respond to the evolution thread. I wrote that nice long post just for your benefit, the least you can do is read it.

Hehe....sorry. I opened all threads at once and got carried away... :P
    And after that, I was eatting lunch. :P

I've changed my opinion about everything. This post is old and my new views are way cooler. Can't wait to change them again.
    • Ridikul said...
    • User
    • 13 Dec 2008, 14:01
    My point was all those things are unnatural, and you acted as if unnatural = bad. Also, souls have never been found to exist. How would you feel about abortion if you didn't believe in souls? Would it affect your decision?

• Ridikul said...
    • User
    • 13 Dec 2008, 14:02
    And condoms prevent unwanted pregnancies and STD's so you better learn quickly.

• Ridikul said:
    My point was all those things are unnatural, and you acted as if unnatural = bad. Also, souls have never been found to exist. How would you feel about abortion if you didn't believe in souls? Would it affect your decision?

Hard to stop believing in the soul concept... Still, I don't think so. I will judge abortion as I did before: if I was a foetus I would like to be given a chance and not die. Later, I may commit suicide or euthanasia, if I don't want to live anymore...

Ridikul said:
    And condoms prevent unwanted pregnancies and STD's so you better learn quickly.

Agh!!! You completely misunderstood me! Don't worry... If I ever end up thinking that condoms are bad I will not have sex, unless my partner wants to give birth and doesn't suffers from AIDS etc.!

I've changed my opinion about everything. This post is old and my new views are way cooler. Can't wait to change them again.
    • Ridikul said...
    • User
    • 13 Dec 2008, 14:18
    If you were a fetus, you wouldn't have any awareness of the world around you, so you wouldn't know what you'd want.

• Uh you just said you didn't know how to use them, so ridikul told you that you should learn... reading comprehension, my friend.

if I was a foetus I would like to be given a chance and not die.

You would not be at a developmental stage to make that decision for yourself until you were a teenager.

Cookies for Godlessness
    The snake that cannot shed its skin perishes. So do the spirits who are prevented from changing their opinions; they cease to be spirit. -Nietzsche
  • I wanted to be born. I wouldn't like anyone to prevent me from being born. So if anyone was trying to prevent my previous state (foetus).....I am against him. Ta-da.

Hm, a foetus doesn't have feelings, right! We can do the same with plants for example! I can burn and destroy my plants, I guess. Oh, and animals, too! Maybe I'll subscribe to solipsism and start killing humans as well!!!!11oneone

• You eat plants. By this logic I think I will go cut open a pregnant lady and have a baby-burger for lunch. Epic Noms.

Cookies for Godlessness
    • Ridikul said...
    • User
    • 13 Dec 2008, 14:31
    I wanted to be born.
    Hm, a foetus doesn't have feelings, right!

Hmm..

We can do the same with plants for example! I can burn and destroy my plants, I guess. Oh, and animals, too! Maybe I'll subscribe to solipsism and start killing humans as well!!!!11oneone

Not sure what you're getting at here.

• RageofAnath said:
    You eat plants. By this logic I think I will go cut open a pregnant lady and have a baby-burger for lunch. Epic Noms.

I have never tasted a human. And they don't seem tasty, after all.

Ridikul, since the foetus can't feel why not kill it, roight?
    And since plants can't feel, why not burn them all?
    And since humans are nothing, but cells gathered together, why not start killing some?

• Ridikul said...
    • User
    • 13 Dec 2008, 14:54
    The killing of the fetus because it cannot feel is not my logic at all. You are the one that implied it could feel so I made a point that it doesn't. I'm saying that it is the mother's choice, and the feelings of the fetus is not a factor in the decision.

• I have never tasted a human. And they don't seem tasty, after all.

Long pork.

Cookies for Godlessness
  • Ridikul said:
    The killing of the fetus because it cannot feel is not my logic at all. You are the one that implied it could feel so I made a point that it doesn't. I'm saying that it is the mother's choice, and the feelings of the fetus is not a factor in the decision.

Guess we'll never learn if it can really feel.

• Ridikul said...
    • User
    • 13 Dec 2008, 15:35
    I don't know of anyone who remembers their time in the womb.

• You physically can't, your brain does not develop long term memory functions until you are approximately 2 years old.

Anyway, its been fun, I'm out. Time to break my 30 hours of wakefulness streak. Nighty.

Cookies for Godlessness
    • Ridikul said...
    • User
    • 13 Dec 2008, 15:40
    See ya.

• RageofAnath said:
    I never said I wanted an abortion, just that it was absurd to have a group of males attempting to dictate the actions of females. What next, will we whip out the red tents?

That's because the arguments over abortion are not regarding the parents generally, they are regarding life and respect to other life (the fetus). I'm not saying i disagree or agree with you, just stating what most people try to make the argument over.

my thrash metal band.

www.myspace.com/sadisticritual

i swear i hate children of bodom
  • And why did condom's get pulled into this. I don't think the argument is over whether "God" wanted us to have children or not or if we were intervening. I thought it was over respect to human life and when human's/fetuses are actually considered human. During the times i have read the bible i have never found anything suggesting that we can only have sex for children.

my thrash metal band.

www.myspace.com/sadisticritual

i swear i hate children of bodom
  • To make Ridikul's question clear:
    Should a woman undergo pregnancy and give birth or should she prevent a life growing in her and evade it?

Concluding:
    If she says no, she is quite egoistic. Instead of thinking of the birth of a new human, she chooses to comfort herself.
    It's her own body, but she and the father are the ones to blame. A human should not lose his life, just because his parents were too egoistic or not careful.

BodomNoob, in the Old Testament even sex in marriage was considered a sin!
    I recall David (Psalms) while praising God saying about his mother "in sin she conceived me".
    I don't think things are way anymore, since nowadays sex in marriage is considered a blessing (!), since it's the only way to take part in the greatest miracle: life.

• Ridikul said...
    • User
    • 14 Dec 2008, 18:29
    Sex out of marriage also results in life.

You would be just as egotistical for telling them what to do with their bodies as them.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 15 Dec 2008, 02:32
    Ridikul said:
    I don't know of anyone who remembers their time in the womb.

It's been theorized that near death experiences are flashbacks of being born, coming out of the womb.

Interesting idea, but it doesn't hold together. People born via Caesarean section have reported NDE's.

• Ridikul said...
    • User
    • 15 Dec 2008, 02:37
    I was saying that the_gray_fox couldn't know if he wanted to be born or not.

• If she says no, she is quite egoistic. Instead of thinking of the birth of a new human, she chooses to comfort herself.
    It's her own body, but she and the father are the ones to blame. A human should not lose his life, just because his parents were too egoistic or not careful.

YOU ARE AN IGNORANT FOOL.

And you have no idea the circumstances that might drive a woman to desire an abortion. Open up your eyes and look at the situations of those less fortunate than those of you safe in a warm and fuzzy middle-class, loving family, happy life bubble.

Its not hard, just google something like "sexually abused by uncle/father/brother, 14 years old" or "raped repeatedly by grandfather" or "abusive drunk husband accuses me of sleeping with other men and beats the fuck out of me every night he comes home wasted and will beat the shit out of the kid too" or even "extreme poverty" will be good enough. Though for the first few queries you are likely to get a fair share of pr0n.

An abortion may be the best gift you can give some children.

Cookies for Godlessness
  • This is why I didn't want to get harsh on it!!!
    Because I acknowledge what the couple goes through!!!!!
    It's VERY deifficult to tell in such situations!!

And I definetely agree with your last sentence! Maybe this kid will hate life!!!!

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.