Dead Kid Harvester

• Bloopy said...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 15 May 2009, 12:44

Dead Kid Harvester

I stumbled upon the regressive tag and thought it was interesting! I make music under the name Dead Kid Harvester, and I'd like to explain how I think my music relates to regressive, if you don't mind.

My music is based on influences of rock, punk, and heavy metal. However, those genres seem to require skills which I do not possess. I write lyrics with no consideration for rhythm or beat. With no ability to play regular instruments, I got the idea to make sounds with kitchen utensils, completely disregarding tempo and harmony. I make weird sounds with vocals as well.

So, while I respect the rock musicians whose songs I enjoy, I am regressing against the notion of music as a professional skill, and its relationship to mathematics (ever since Pythagoras discovered harmonic overtones). A train rumbling along a railway track is just as pleasing to my ears, if not more so. It's the imagination and creativity of music which interest me, not the technical abilities.

Other than the opinion about music, I don't really involve any social commentary in my songs, apart from some lyrics about philosophy. So, my regression has a specific focus.

What are your thoughts?

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.