Itune Shuffles

• arilitt said...
    • User
    • 13 May 2009, 18:36

Itune Shuffles

Okay here is how it works. You put your itunes or whatever on shuffle and you rate the first ten songs you get from 1 to 10. Then you add up the ratings you have and you get a number out of 100. Its fun and you can call others out for their ratings. here is an example:

1. Husker Du- Beyond the Threshold: Off of Zen Arcade. I would say either Zen Arcade or Metal Circus is their best album. I usually go back and forth. I love this song. 10/10
    2. Mission of Burma- Period: Off of the Obliterati, which is their most recent CD. It was released in 2006. Most bands who have a huge layoff and then reform only play reunion shows. Mission of Burma wrote 2 reunion albums, and they were both good. In fact The Obliterati is actually really fucking good. 9/10
    3. Neil Young- Boxcar: off of Chrome Dreams 2. This album is one of his latest albums, it was released in 2007. I believe, but may be mistaken, that Neil Young had an album called Chrome Dreams that he never released and that the name of this album is a play off of that. This is Neil Young at his best. Short quirky classic rock. 10/10
    4. Edsel- Wind Key: off of Detroit Folly. DC post-punk with some serious Girls Against Boys influence. This is a fucking great track. 9/10
    5. Four Hundred Years- Level Playing Field: off of Suture and Other Songs. These guys are considered part of the crazy post-hardcore movement that came out of Richmond, Virginia in the early to mid-90s. Awesome band. 8/10
    6. Jimmy Eat World- Blister: off of Clarity. Clarity is the best emo/pop album of all time. PERIOD. It’s a fucking masterpiece. I had tickets to the 10th anniversary show and I was sick as a dog and ended up not going. If I think about it, it ends up killing me. It’s funny Clarity is basically JEW trying to be Christie Front Drive and they sound nothing like them. But, they still managed to make a classic album. 10/10
    7. Shades Apart- Way Out: off of Save It. Remember this band? They were on Revelation Records. A lot of people thought they were going to go places and they released that terrible major label album that for some reason I liked. 8/10
    8. Mogwai- Acid Food: off of Mr. Beast. I was surprised when Mogwai played this live. Not because it’s a bad song, but because it just doesn’t seem like a song they would play. Either way it sounded great. 8/10
    9. Mohinder- Itch: Off of the Discography. They were only a band from 1993-1994, but they were awesome. 9/10
    10. Quixote- The Laughing Place: off of Protests of the Weak. I wish I knew more about this bands history. If anyone knows some of the history of Quixote from Kalamazoo, Michigan. Please PM me. All I know is they are from the mid to late 90s and that they were on Makoto Recordings…and they had at least on member of Jihad. This is an instrumental track, very much in the vein of the Midwestern emo of the time period. 8/10

89/100 Very good shuffle

I want to taste dirty, stinging pistol
    In my mouth, on my tongue
    I want you to scrape me from the walls
    And go crazy like you've made me
  • 1. Saves the Day- Shoulder to the Wheel: off of Through Being Cool. 9/10
    2. Park- Which Wrist First: off of It Won't Snow Where You're Going. 8/10
    3. Coheed and Cambria- Devil in Jersey City: off of Second Stage Turbine Blade. 8/10
    4. Smashing Pumpkins- Blank Page: off of Adore. 6/10
    5. Between the Buried and Me- Aesthetic: off of The Silent Circus. 8/10
    6. Hey Mercedes- Every Turn: off of Everynight Fireworks. 8/10
    7. Chimaira- Rizzo: off of Pass Out of Existence. 8/10
    8. Slipknot- Disasterpiece: off of Iowa. 3/10
    9. Blinded Colony- Self-Obtained Paranoia: off of Divine. 6/10
    10. Mastodon- Divinations: off of Crack the Skye. 9/10

73/100

• Re: Itune Shuffles

arilitt said:

6. Jimmy Eat World- Blister: off of Clarity. Clarity is the best emo/pop album of all time. PERIOD. It’s a fucking masterpiece. I had tickets to the 10th anniversary show and I was sick as a dog and ended up not going. If I think about it, it ends up killing me. It’s funny Clarity is basically JEW trying to be Christie Front Drive and they sound nothing like them. But, they still managed to make a classic album. 10/10

:/

• arilitt said...
    • User
    • 14 May 2009, 09:54
    1. Giant’s Chair- Mother, Brother, Sister, Lover: Off of Red and Clear. I just want to mention that Giant’s Chair are music gods. Okay now that that is settled…I went out to Kansas City, MO to see them play a reunion show in 2006. We got to the show like a hour and a half early and just chilled at the bar drinking. Then out of nowhere GC played this song as their sound check, literally. I turned my back to drink my beer and they got up on stage and before I knew they were playing this song. That was one of the best nights of my life. I’ll never forget it. 10/10
    2. Frog Eyes- The Hardest Night to Sleep in the Swamplands: off of The Bloody Hand. Frog Eyes are this spazzy, experimental, indie rock band that is heavily influenced by 80s pop. I enjoy them in small doses. 7/10
    3. The Doves- Last Broadcast: Off of The Last Broadcast. Lush British indie rock with pop undertones. There is something about this band that I really like. 8/10
    4. M. Ward- Transfiguration #1: off of The Transfiguration of Vincent. I didn’t enjoy M. Ward’s music upon first listen, but he grew on me, and now I am quite fond of him…not so much this song though. 5/10
    5. Slowride- It’s Good to be Back: off of C/S. Good indie rock on Deep Elm Records. I never listen to this band. I should probably change that. This reminds me a little of Dinosaur Jr. meets The Pinehurst Kids. 9/10
    6. Teen Idols- Skinflynt: off of Pucker Up. Good pop-punk that sounds like NOFX style punk meets Screeching Weasel. 8/10
    7. The Psyke Project- Invitation: off of Daikini. These guys are from some other country, I forget which one. They sound like the metal version of ENVY. 8/10
    8. God is an Astronaut- Snowfall: off of their S/T album. God is an Astronaut is an instrumental post-rock band in the vein of Mogwai, Mono, 65 Days of Static, and Explosions in the Sky from Ireland. 9/10
    9. Hoover- Distant: off of The Lurid Traversal of Route 7. Some of the best post- punk ever written. EVER! 10/10
    10. Shiner- Stoned: off of The Egg, which is the best Shiner album. This is the last song on the album. Great way to end a great album. 10/10

84/100 good shuffle

• 1. Underoath- When the Sun Sleeps: off of The Changing of Times. 10/10 (post-hardcore)
    2. Pop Unknown- Half of Ninety: off of If Arsenic Fails, Try Algebra. 9/10 (emo)
    3. Anti-Flag- Right On: off of A New Kind of Army. 8/10 (punk)
    4. The Casket Lottery- Vista Point: off of Moving Mountains. 9/10 (emo)
    5. Mudvayne- Severed: off of L.D 50. 8/10 (nu metal)
    6. Daysleepers- Lovesparkles: off of Drowned in a Sea of Sound. 9/10 (shoegaze)
    7. From First to Last- Ultimatums for Egos: off of Aesthetic. 9/10 (post-hardcore)
    8. Coal Chamber- Oddity: off of Coal Chamber. 7/10 (nu metal)
    9. A Perfect Circle (Fear Cover)- Let's Have a War: off of eMOTIVe. 5/10 (progressive rock)
    10. Blink-182- Adam's Song: off of Enema of the State. 8/10 (pop punk)

82/100

- Ok, just to let everyone know.... no my music collection is not 20% nu metal.... just a weird shuffle.
    - From First to Last sucks, I know, but there first album or two is actually really good.
    - Yes, I gave an Underoath song a 10.... I like them.
    - My rating for one song is not in relation to another song or band. If I give Underoath's song a 10 and Anti-Flag's an 8, that doesn't mean I like Underoath better.... It actually doesn't even mean I like the song better... Don't ask, just know the ratings aren't related :)

• arilitt said...
    • User
    • 16 May 2009, 11:37
    1. Avail- Tuning: Off of Dixie. Avail use to be an awesome punk/melodic hardcore band. They had three or four great albums. This is one of them. 9/10
    2. Kelpie- To the Pedophile: Off of One. What an odd name for a song. 6/10
    3. Wilco- Someday Soon: off of Being There. I have a soft spot for Wilco. This is a decent Alt. Country song. 7/10
    4. Wipers- Is This Real?: off of the Wipers Box Set. This band was an early punk crossover band in the time of Husker Du , The Minutemen, and Flipper… Good song. 7/10
    5. The Book of Dead Names- This One has the Alternate Ending: off of The Story Unfolds. This band definitely reminds me of bands like Song of Zarathustra, The Swing Kids, The Crimson Curse, Textbook Traitors, The Red Scare, and Portrait. Fucking good song. 9/10
    6. Ultra Dolphins- Sick Man Outside: off of Mar. Ultra Dolphins have a screamo feel to them. I don’t know if I would call them a Screamo band though. They remind me of Wow, Owls and Transistor Transistor. 10/10
    7. Sleater-Kinney- Dance Song 97: off of Dig Me Out. Dig me out is a fucking classic album. I would have sex with every one of these lesbians. 9/10
    8. The December Drive- 1422: off of Handslikegunsandcrashingsounds. This is some great emo. Very influenced by mid to late 90s emo/post-hardcore stuff. 9/10
    9. Shook Ones- Bellingham Lads Club: Off of 16. Great hardcore-punk that sounds almost exactly like Kid Dynamite. Also a great live band. 9/10
    10. Time to Burn- Burn the Lie Down: off of Starting Point. Heavy Heavey post-hardcore/Progressive Metal. This shit is fucking brutal. It sounds like Isis meets Amanda Woodward meets Converge meets Coalesce. 10/10

85/100 very good shuffle

• bryanm1861 said:
    1. Underoath- When the Sun Sleeps: off of The Changing of Times. 10/10 (post-hardcore)

Best song Underoath ever put out. This was in their stage before they decided to start turning into a travelling evangelicalist troupe, and before their new vocalist. That song abuses the synth to a offensive level, and I love every second of it.

• 1. +/-- Sleep Forever: off of Self-Titled Long-Playing Debut Album. 8/10 (indie pop/electronic)
    2. Coheed and Cambria- Cuts Marked in the March of Men: off of In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3. 9/10 (progressive rock)
    3. Kitchens of Distinction- Now It's Time To Say Goodbye: off of Cowboys and Aliens. 8/10 (shoegaze)
    4. Radiohead- Motion Picture Soundtrack: off of Kid A. 6/10 (alternative rock/electronica)
    5. Thursday- At this Velocity: off of A City by the Light Divided. 8/10 (post-hardcore)
    6. Unearth- (Untitled): off of The March. 9/10 (metalcore)
    7. Film School- Harmed: off of Film School. 9/10 (shoegaze)
    8. Grandaddy- Underneath the Weeping Willow: off of The Sophtware Slump. 9/10 (indie rock)
    9. A Perfect Circle- Pet: off of Thirteenth Step. 10/10 (progressive rock)
    10. Soundgarden- New Damage: off of Badmotorfinger. 7/10 (grunge)

83/100

• arilitt said...
    • User
    • 17 May 2009, 10:51
    bryanm1861 said:
    1. +/-- Sleep Forever: off of Self-Titled Long-Playing Debut Album. 8/10 (indie pop/electronic)
    2. Coheed and Cambria- Cuts Marked in the March of Men: off of In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3. 9/10 (progressive rock)
    3. Kitchens of Distinction- Now It's Time To Say Goodbye: off of Cowboys and Aliens. 8/10 (shoegaze)
    4. Radiohead- Motion Picture Soundtrack: off of Kid A. 6/10 (alternative rock/electronica)
    5. Thursday- At this Velocity: off of A City by the Light Divided. 8/10 (post-hardcore)
    6. Unearth- (Untitled): off of The March. 9/10 (metalcore)
    7. Film School- Harmed: off of Film School. 9/10 (shoegaze)
    8. Grandaddy- Underneath the Weeping Willow: off of The Sophtware Slump. 9/10 (indie rock)
    9. A Perfect Circle- Pet: off of Thirteenth Step. 10/10 (progressive rock)
    10. Soundgarden- New Damage: off of Badmotorfinger. 7/10 (grunge)

83/100

i really enjoy Unearth

• arilitt said...
    • User
    • 17 May 2009, 11:28
    1. Scherzo- Another: off of Suffering and Joy. This is the type of DC post hardcore that popped up in the East bay in the late 80s/early 90s. They weren’t completely East Bay punk, and they weren’t completely DC post-hardcore. It made for a great sound. Think Monsula and Fuel. 9/10
    2. Sons of Abraham- Some of Us Never See Paris: off of Termites in His Smile. Straight Edge hardcore with metal influences from Long Island, New York. Dudes from this band went on to be in Glassjaw. I think Sons of Abraham were every bit the equal of Glassjaw, as far as musical quality is concerned. 10/10
    3. Dinosaur Jr.- Budge: off of Bug. Bug is Dino Jr.’s second album. It’s extremely good. The first three Dino Jr. CDs (Dinosaur, Bug, and You’re Living All Over Me) are by far their best. 8/10
    4. Dear and The Headlights- Run in the Front: off of Small Steps, Heavy Hooves. Poppy Indie rock that at times leans a little to close to pop mess. There are elements of this song that I like and elements that I don’t like. The lead during the verses and the keyboard work are really good, but the vocals can get annoying unless they’re in small doses and the rhythm section is way to radio friendly. I am considering taking this band off of my itunes. 5/10
    5. Pestilence- Proliferous Souls: Off of Consuming Impulse. This is just an instrumental with little other point than to show off their harmony skills. 5/10
    6. Mission of Burma- Nicotine Bomb: off of OnOffOn. Probably the only song ever that has the lyric “Blood Brain Barrier” in it. 7/10
    7. American Steel- Shrapnel: Off of Jagged Thoughts. Think of Dillinger Four if they had more of a Clash/Reggae influence. Definitely a great sound. 9/10
    8. Planes Mistaken for Stars- Penitence: Off of Mercy. These guys are a killer live band. A lot of people get pissed when you call them an “emo band”, but they were definitely considered emo when they were on Deep Elm. I still consider them an emo/post hardcore band. 9/10
    9. Matt Pond PA- A New Part of Town: Off of The Green Fury. Matt Pond PA is a really talented indie rock/pop artist. He’s from my hometown of Philadelphia, PA. I figured I should note that. The Green Fury was the first Matt Pond PA album I got, and it’s the best. If you are thinking of checking him out start here. 8/10
    10. Coalesce- You Can’t Kill Us All: off of Functioning on Impatience. Functioning on Impatience is probably the weakest of the four Coalesce CDs (OX which will be out in mid June will be the fourth), but it’s still decent. This song is good. 8/10

78/100 above average shuffle

• arilitt said...
    • User
    • 17 May 2009, 12:24
    1. Maximillian Colby- Chuck: off of their Discography. Maximillian Colby were an art rock band that combined elements of Experimental music, Post-hardcore, and a tad bit of Shoegaze to create a unique sound that would influences the Virginia indie scene to this day. Members of this band went on to form many other influential bands: Sleepytime Trio, The Men’s Recovery Project, Bats and Mice, Supine to Sit, and the Rah Bras. 10/10
    2. The Futureheads- The Return of the Berserker: off of News and Tributes. Less post-punk than their first record and a bit noiseier, but still good stuff. 8/10
    3. Cobra Noir- This is the end of Man: off of Abode of the Dead. Cobra Noir are a hardcore band from from Canada. Musically they sound like Tragedy, Coliseum and bands of that nature, but more experimental. Vocally they sound like a Screamo version of Filth. 9/10
    4. Portrait- Constellations of a Star-Gazing Iris: off of their S/T album. Great Screamo from Atlanta. So underrated that it hurts my soul. 9/105. Converge- Dead: Off of Petitioning the Empty Sky. I have heard Converge considered part of the harder emo bands. I could understand that on their first three full lengths, but not after that. 9/10
    6. Ed Gein- I Wish You the Best: Off of It’s a Shame… Ed Gein sounds like a combo of Screamo and Crazy hardcore/metal in the vein of the Dillinger Escape Plan. Good stuff. 8/10
    7. Jay Reatard- We Who Wait: off of Blood Visions. Think punk rock with a lot of late 70s glam rock influence. Its good not great. 7/10
    8. Silversun Pickups- …All the Inbetweens: off of Pikul. Totally chill song. The kind of shoegaze you could just dose off to. 8/10
    9. Chino Horde- Natural: from the S/T CD. One of the early 90s emo bands that ruled. They should really release a Discography CD with all their non-CD stuff. 9/10
    10. Dredg- Scissor Lock: on El Cielo. A concept album about Sleep Paralysis…weird. But, apparently that’s what El Cielo is. It’s also one of the best albums I have ever heard. 9/10

86/100 very good shuffle

• arilitt said...
    • User
    • 18 May 2009, 05:54
    1. Statehood- Save Yourself: off of Lies and Rhetoric. The Statehood has two members of The Dismemberment Plan. They are also far superior to the other post Dismemberment Plan bands (Maritime are decent, but Travis Morrison’s stuff is embarrassing.). 9/10
    2. Son Volt- No More Parades: off of Straightaways. Jay Farrar’s post Uncle Tupelo group. I have always enjoyed the other group to spawn from Uncle Tupelo, Jeff Tweedy’s Wilco. But, this is a really good Alt. Country song. 9/10
    3. Exodus- Fabulous Disaster: off of Fabulous Disaster. Exodus is a Thrash metal band that formed in the early 80s and at one time had Kirk Hammett from Metallica as a member. They are definitely one of the best of the thrash metal genre. Their early music still holds up today. 10/10
    4. Hot Snakes- Salton City: off of Automatic Midnight. Automatic Midnight was the first Hot Snakes album, and it’s debatable whether or not it is better than Suicide Invoice. This song isn’t really a fair representation of the excellence of this album. 7/10
    5. The Jesus Lizard- Chrome: Off of Bang. This song seems to lack the intensity and grittiness of most Jesus Lizard songs. Of course that doesn’t mean it’s a bad song. 7/10
    6. Glass and Ashes- The Rebuttal: off of the S/T album. This song fucking slays. It has a combo sound of Coliseum style hardcore and Gainesville/No Idea style Screamo. Glass and Ashes = incredibly underrated. 9/10
    7. Combat Wounded Veteran- Let the Surgical Strike Begin: Crazy fucking grind in the vein of Reversal of Man, Charles Bronson, and The End of the Century Party. 9/10
    8. Slayer- Piece by Piece: Off of Reign in Blood… The best Slayer album. There is nothing I can say that hasn’t been said better by someone else about this album or this song. 10/10
    9. Pig Destroyer- Yellow Line Transfer: off of 38 counts of Battery. Crazy, intense speed metal. 8/10
    10. Ringers- Dutch Courage: off of Detention halls. The Ringers offer a different take on the Dillinger Four style of punk rock. It’s more punk and roll. 8/10

86/100 a very good shuffle

• arilitt said:
    9. Pig Destroyer- Yellow Line Transfer: off of 38 counts of Battery. Crazy, intense speed metal. 8/10

Gotta love Pig Destroyer.

• 1. Pele - Sepit - 9/10. Second to last track off of "Enemies" which is one of my favorite Pele albums. Have it on clear vinyl, it's lovely.
    2. Orwell - Model Trains - 8/10. I do love Orwell, but the vocals are recorded so soft on this track. That's about all I'd change maybe. Not my fave Orwell song, but whatev.
    3. Jimmy Eat World - Blister - 10/10. I don't care. I love the entire "Clarity" album. So much.
    4. Explosions In The Sky - Catastrophe and the Cure - 8/10. Mind blowing band.
    5. Very Secretary - Sister Psyche - 8/10 - I do love Standing In The Shade as opposed to any other Very Secretary album. But not my favorite song off of this album.
    6. Tortoise - Not Quite East of the Ryan - 9/10 - I actually considered buying a Pitchfork Music Fest ticket JUST for Tortoise.
    7. American Football - For Sure - 10/10 - DUH
    8. Russian Circles - Carpe - 9/10 - Station>Enter, but any mind blowing post-rock-ish band that came from Dakota/Dakota is instantly amazing.
    9. Cursive - The Sunks - 10/10 - Happy Hollow is one of those albums that you buy on vinyl and listen to constantly for an entire summer.
    10. Dakota/Dakota - Bruises are the Buttons For Pain - 10/10 - Uhhhh

91/100
    I really expected more Kinsella-esque bands to show up on this because most of the music I own is related to them, oh well. This was a great shuffle.

• dangerousdelia said:
    I actually considered buying a Pitchfork Music Fest ticket

:/

• hahah dear lord - i would never actually go.

BUT I THOUGHT ABOUT IT
    FOR TORTOISE!

• 1. Tegan & Sara - Wake up Exhausted 9/10 (Tegan & Sara rock)
    2. The Anniversary - All Things Ordinary 10/10 (Get the fuck out of this group if you don't know who The Anniversary is. This is one of my favorite songs by them)
    3. Mogwai - Small Children in the Background 9/10 (Pretty good song. Mogwai is solid)
    4. ISIS - 10/10 Altered Courses (\m/ metal!)
    5. Pavement - Shady Lane 4/10 (Pavement sucks. You suck)
    6. Devandra Banhart - Rosa 8/10 (I like some weird fucked up folk or whatever the fuck Devandra is sometimes)
    7. Deerhoof - Halfrabbit Halfdog 8/10 (Music isn't meant to make sense)
    8. Cursive - Hymns for the Heathen 9.5/10 (Cursive is my favorite band. Also, God blows)
    9. Weezer - The World Has Turned and Left Me Here 7/10 (I too was 14 at one time)
    10. Bear vs Shark - Six Bar Phrase Hey Hey 10/10 (Listen to this band you ugly piece of shit)

84.5/100

B

Unicorns know no regret
    • arilitt said...
    • User
    • 19 May 2009, 13:34
    dangerousdelia said:
    1. Pele - Sepit - 9/10. Second to last track off of "Enemies" which is one of my favorite Pele albums. Have it on clear vinyl, it's lovely.
    2. Orwell - Model Trains - 8/10. I do love Orwell, but the vocals are recorded so soft on this track. That's about all I'd change maybe. Not my fave Orwell song, but whatev.
    3. Jimmy Eat World - Blister - 10/10. I don't care. I love the entire "Clarity" album. So much.
    4. Explosions In The Sky - Catastrophe and the Cure - 8/10. Mind blowing band.
    5. Very Secretary - Sister Psyche - 8/10 - I do love Standing In The Shade as opposed to any other Very Secretary album. But not my favorite song off of this album.
    6. Tortoise - Not Quite East of the Ryan - 9/10 - I actually considered buying a Pitchfork Music Fest ticket JUST for Tortoise.
    7. American Football - For Sure - 10/10 - DUH
    8. Russian Circles - Carpe - 9/10 - Station>Enter, but any mind blowing post-rock-ish band that came from Dakota/Dakota is instantly amazing.
    9. Cursive - The Sunks - 10/10 - Happy Hollow is one of those albums that you buy on vinyl and listen to constantly for an entire summer.
    10. Dakota/Dakota - Bruises are the Buttons For Pain - 10/10 - Uhhhh

91/100
    I really expected more Kinsella-esque bands to show up on this because most of the music I own is related to them, oh well. This was a great shuffle.

good shuffle

• felvontavor said:
    5. Pavement - Shady Lane 4/10 (Pavement sucks. You suck)

:(

• arilitt said...
    • User
    • 20 May 2009, 05:50
    1. The Warmers- RSVP/In a Cadence: off of Wanted:More. The Warmers are one of those forgotten bands of the DC post-punk/Post-hardcore explosion. So good. 8/10
    2. Zatopeks- Death and the Hobo: off of Damn Fool Music. I think its about time this band put out a new album. Great pop-punk. 9/10
    3. Mono- Trailer 1: off of Palmless Prayer/Mass Murder Refrain. Great album title, but this better be a killer track because its 12 minutes long! This is a collaboration with some electronic composer who calls himself World’s End Girlfriend. The beautiful orchestration keeps my attention for all 12 minutes. 9/10
    4. Zoinks!- Roid Rage Talkshow: off of Stranger Anxiety. I need to get more albums by Zoinks!. They sound just like early Green Day with a little more energy. 10/10
    5. Meat Puppets- Lake of Fire: Off of Meat Puppets 2. Great song…remember when Nirvana covered this on their unplugged album? 10/10
    6. The Beatles- If I Fell: off of A Hard Days Night. Not my favorite early Beatles song, but certainly good. 7/10
    7. From Autumn to Ashes- Take Her to the Music Store: Off of Too Bad You’re Beautiful. If early Metallic was an emo band this is what they would sound like. Normally I do not like bands like this. Normally I hate them with a passion, but for some reason I love this CD. Everything they released after this is pure garbage, but this album is gold, from start to finish. 10/10
    8. Explosions in the Sky- Look into the Air: Off of How Strange, Innocence. Another post rock instrumental band. Lucky for me I do not have any bad post rock instrumental bands on my itunes! 8/10
    9. Santana- Soul Sacrifice: Off of Santana. I like early Santana. Everything up to their third album is gold. Soul Sacrifice is from the first Santana album, which I think is their best. The guitar work on this album is amazing. 8/10
    10. Victory at Sea- Under the Surface (of the Sea): off of the Dark is just the Night. Victory at Sea sounds like a combination of noise rock and DC post hardcore 9/10

88/100 very good shuffle

• arilitt said...
    • User
    • 25 May 2009, 05:16
    1. Green Day- Android: Off of Kerplunk! Lately I have been listening to a lot of Green Day. Not much on the Lastfm, but the new CD has been on heavy rotation along with Dookie, Insomniac, Nimrod, and American Idiot. I haven’t listened to the first two albums in awhile. I should probably throw them on soon. 9/10
    2. ENVY- Chacun de Tes Pas: off of Complied Fragments 1997- 2003. This CD has some really good tracks on it. This song is one of the best songs on the CD if not the best. There is no band playing today that brings the intensity that ENVY does. 10/10
    3. The Lawrence Arms- Great Lakes/Great Escapes: Off of Oh Calcutta! Almost perfect song. 9/10
    4. Das Oath- Mouldering: Off of the S/T mini EP on Dim Mak. This track is almost ten minutes long. For some reason I am thinking this song is going to have a lot of filler or have a secret track. I won’t count the Dead air. 10/10
    5. GoGoGo Airheart- When the Flesh Hits: off of Exitheuxa. Think noise rock meets dub meets funk. Think Ex Models, Trenchmouth, Sonic Youth, We Versus the Shark, 90 Day Men, Brainiac…8/10
    6. Chore- The hitchhiker: Off of the Coastline Fire. This is a phenomenal CD. Sounds like Sunny Day Real Estate, Quicksand, Errortype 11, with maybe a dash of tool. 10/10
    7. Saviours- Christhunt: Off of Crucifire. Saviours have members of Yaphet Kotto. They sound like Black Sabbath influenced doom/stoner metal with a little more speed. 8/10
    8. Lifetime- All Day Long: Off of the S/T comeback LP. I am a Lifetime fan boy. I admit it. 10/10
    9. Wilco- I’m a Wheel: off of A Ghost is Born. Former members of Uncle Tupelo. Jeff Tweedy, the primary songwriter, has proven that he can expand his sound quite a bit without losing his ability to make good music 9/10
    10. The Detachment Kit- High Seas: Off of their first full length They Raging. Quite Army. The Detachment Kit are a indie-post-punk-post hardcore band. There are definitely elements of their music that lend themselves to old school emo. They also have the distinction of putting on some of the best shows I have ever seen. 9/10

92/100 great shuffle

• arilitt said...
    • User
    • 26 May 2009, 17:38
    1. Cursive- The Knowledgeable Hasbeens: off of The Difference Between Houses and Homes. This CD is a collection of b-sides and vinyl only shit. There are some gems on here, but this song is pretty average 5/10
    2. Thunderbirds are Now!- Open Us Up: off of make History. A really cool band whose music has gotten progressively more “out there”. I enjoy their earlier stuff more, but this is still good. 7/10
    3. The Casket Lottery- Dead Dear: off of Moving Mountains. This is a great CD and song. You can definitely hear a little Coalesce on this song. 9/10
    4. Arctic Monkeys- D is for Dangerous: off of Favourite Worst Nightmare. Arctic Monkeys make dance, angular, indie rock. They probably listen to Gang of Four and cry themselves to sleep every night. 8/10
    5. Spoon- Merchants of Soul: off of Gimme Fiction. Hit or miss indie rock. This song sounds exactly like the Beatles. 6/10
    6. No Age- Sun Spots: off of Weirdo Rippers. Noise track. Reminds me of Deerhunter meets Sonic youth. 6/10
    7. Plow United- Dance (Better than I’ve ever seen): off of The Dustbin of History. Phenomenal song. 10/10
    8. The Riverdales- I Won’t Forget: unreleased track. Not the best Riverdales song. 6/10
    9. Jesu- Blind and Faithless: off of Why are We not Perfect?. Cool instrumental track. 7/10
    10. Elvis Costello- Poisoned Rose: off of King of America. Elvis Costello had a lot of great albums into the 80s. King of America was released in 1986. Great album. 9/10

73/100 a really up and down shuffle. Average

• arilitt said...
    • User
    • 29 May 2009, 09:48
    1. Vitreous Humor- Science has no Soul: off of Posthumous. Vitreous Humor is the one of the most underrated band of the mid-nineties. So good. 10/10
    2. 65daysofstatic- Retreat! Retreat!: off of Hole. 65Days is yet another post-rock band for the UK. They write some really good stuff, but they’ll always be chasing Mogwai’s tail. This song is about a minute and a half too long. 6/10
    3. Mission of Burma- 1001 Pleasant Dreams: off the Obliterati. It amazes me how Mission of Burma just picked up where they left off after such a long layoff. 7/10
    4. The Week that Was- It’s All Gone Quiet: off of S/T. Really cool indie rock that sounds like Brian Eno meets The Field Mice. Great songwriting. 10/10
    5. The Who- I Can’t Reach You: off of The Who Sell Out. It’s funny the name of this album was a joke, but now The Who will reform and tour only a shell of their former selves just for the money. Who cares if half their original lineup is dead!?!? 6/10
    6. Shook Ones- Jersey Beach Pails: off of Sixteen. Sounds exactly like Kid Dynamite. Good stuff. 8/10
    7. Benton Falls- Back to Nothing: off of Fighting Starlight. Even though this album was not released in the mid-90s, it still has that sound and feel to it. This song could have easily been written by State Route 522. 10/10
    8. Godflesh- Antihuman: off of Hymns. Godflesh is a band that I just didn’t get at first. Slowly with each passing listen I was able to appreciate them more. Now I think they’re fucking geniuses. 10/10
    9. Morrissey- In the Future When All is Well: off of Ringleader of the Tormentors. I am digging this song. The guitar and the vocals work together very well. Not only that, but there is some serious Beatles influence going on here. 8/10
    10. Leatherface- Hoodlum: off of Dog Disco. All of the Gainesville scene owes Leatherface and Still Life tons of money in royalties. 7/10

82/100 good shuffle

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 30 May 2009, 18:36
    1.) MDC - Kelptomaniac
    Pretty entertaining punk that doesn't take itself seriously. From Millions of Dead Cops \ More Dead Cops. 8/10
    2.) Native Nod - Tangled
    From Today Puberty, Tomorrow the World. Some pretty decent emo as far as I'm concerned. The way it just gets faster is pretty incredible, and the lyrics are pretty great. The vocals take some getting used to. 7/10
    3.) Dead Kennedys - Holiday in Cambodia
    From Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables. Great start, definitely a classic punk song. 10/10
    4.) Lifetime - Gone
    From Somewhere in the Swamps of Jersey. I really like this song, but I haven't had much time to listen to Somewhere in the Swamps of Jersey much. 9/10
    5.) Saetia - Roquentin
    From A Retrospective. One of the more forgettable songs on this album. 6/10
    6.) Pelican - A Delicate Sense of Balance
    Pelican is fucking epic. This comes from City of Echoes. It took me weeks to get over how fucking epic this band is. 10/10
    7.) Converge - Jacob's Ladder
    From Unloved and Weeded Out. I really like the guitar and the drums in this track. You can actually hear the vocals on this track, they're not just screams played under the rest of the music. 8/10
    8.) Big D and the Kids Table - Little Bitch
    Starts promisingly, then shit gets generic, then gets better again. 6/10
    9.) Mogwai - Folk Death 95
    Fuck, I love this song. From Mr. Beast. My first Mogwai album. 10/10
    10.) Oh, Sleeper - The Siren's Song
    Epic metalcore. From When I Am God. I'll probably get shit for liking this. The second half is wonderful. 7/10.

81/100 pretty good.

• 1. Sparta- False Start: off of Threes. 8/10 (post-hardcore)
    2. The Inbreds- She's Acting: off of Kombinator. 8/10 (indie rock)
    3. ...And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead- The Summer of '91: off of World's Apart. 9/10 (indie rock)
    4. Minus the Bear- This Ain't a Surfin' Movie: off of Menos el Oso. 7/10 (indie rock)
    5. Korn- 4 U: off of Issues. 5/10 (nu metal/alternative metal)
    6. Between the Buried and Me- (Shevanel, Take 2): off of The Silent Circus. 9/10 (mathcore... this particular song is slow)
    7. The Fall of Troy- Act One, Scene One: off of the Doppelganger. 9/10 (post-hardcore)
    8. Winds Of Plague- Brotherhood: off of A Cold Day in Hell. 8/10 (deathcore)
    9. Mastodon- Divinations: off of Crack the Skye. 9/10 (progressive metal)
    10. Spoon- Paper Tiger: off of Kill the Moonlight. 6/10 (indie rock)

78/100

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.