Has any punk band touched the Ramones awsomeness?

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 8 Jan 2007, 01:33

Has any punk band touched the Ramones awsomeness?

What do you guys think?

• Riva0ni said...
    • User
    • 9 Jan 2007, 10:07
    I've only recently gotten into them and don't think many bands, never mind Punk bands, have touched on The Ramones sheer awesomeness. How many bands do you know that have such a sing a long, bounce around appeal that The Ramones have? They're sheer fun and their music would be fun to hear whereever you are.

Plus its great fun playing I Wanna Be Sedated on Hard Mode on Guitar Hero (I'm still not good enough for Expert)

• The Dead Kennedy's are also pretty good, but in a different way. They're more political and a different style of punk. The Ramones will always remain the best though.

• Check out Guitar Wolf, i love the Ramones so much but these are my life love.

If you can imagine Ramones 20x rock n roll, 20x more distortion 20x more leather and Japanese, thats Guitar Wolf.

CHECK THEM OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!

"The first drummer is Narita. He was working with me. He suddenly quit the band, because he said suddenly, “I wanna be fortune teller.”

-Guitar Wolf
  • No Fucking Way!!

There are many great local bands but no band will ever again speak to the entire punk rock world.

A woman is like a beer, looks great, tastes great, and you'd walk over your own mother just to get one, but you don't stop at one, you wanna drink another woman, and another woman.
  • GuitarWolf-Jett said:
    Check out Guitar Wolf, i love the Ramones so much but these are my life love.

If you can imagine Ramones 20x rock n roll, 20x more distortion 20x more leather and Japanese, thats Guitar Wolf.

CHECK THEM OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right Guitar Wolf is a cool band,they influened by Ramones,They wrote song KUNG FU RAMONES is a tribute one.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 3 Apr 2007, 17:29

hardly

i love their weird sense of humour ...

• one thing you have to know about joey ramone(since he wrote most of the songs) is that like kurt cobain, or even julian casablancas of now, they're all a bunch of rock nerds, writing catchy, hooky, melodic songs hoping it will one day aspire to their heroes. thats why sometimes when i listen to ramones i get feeling like their songs are like california rock, or doo wop. so has any "contemperary" lived up to the greatness of ramones? no. only older, catchier, hookier bands like The Beach Boys.

• Dee Dee

Joey didn't write most songs, no way. Dee Dee wrote most songs! He even wrote songs for them after he quit the band!
    No band comes near the Ramones in my opinion, not even older bands like Beach Boys, I mean I like them, but not as much as the Ramones.

"If you're not in it, you're out of it"
    ~Joey Ramone~
  • In my opinion, the only band that gets even remotely close to the awesomeness of The Ramones is The Queers.

• well there is a old band called razzilos good band new wave punk only a woman vocal but the ramones are so simple and so untuched that there is no other band like tham ...

not like today every band is the same looket nofx and i dont know rancid or any othere lest call them second punk wave(bad religion) they are all the same i mean music solos and that shit no way there is a band like the ramones never ever will be

Hey Ho Let's Go!
  • don't like guitar wolf, they don't come even close to what the ramones did => it's a very differend kind of music => more noisy like Atari Teenage Riot !

The Clash is also very good, sex pistols and mc5 also but there music is differend then the ramones sound !

No one comes even close, i hope someone can do it or did it !!

Don't worry just live 'til you die.
    I wanna drown with nowhere to fall into the arms of someone.
    There's nothin' to save and i know you live 'til you die !

the QOTSA group => http://www.last.fm/group/Something+In+The+Wolf

http://www.triggerfinger.net

www.theblackboxrevelation.be
  • Clorox Girls are a nice retro punk act from oregon. plus you cant resist dancing to their song "le banana split" seriously. you can't.

Spazzys are a fun, all girl, ramones-influenced band from australia. they even got marky ramone to be in a video!

Zombina & The Skeletones are a super rad, female fronted, horror themed punk band.

Fang is a pretty under appreciated and influential hardcore band from the 80's.

The Independents were discovered and managed by joey ramone. Their sound varies quite a bit from track to track, everything from garage to punk to ska to psychobilly.

Furious George is a ramones offshot with a more hardcore sound. Joey does guest vocals on their track "Gilligan"

but as others have said, nothing matches the straight up punk rock fun of the ramones :] Not to mention it's getting harder and harder to find decent modern punk bands

• The Independents

Hell yeah, the Independents rule! My favourite band along with the Ramones, nobody can compete with 'em, not in my opinion anyways.

"If you're not in it, you're out of it"
    ~Joey Ramone~
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 9 Sep 2007, 01:56

the Hellacopters

try out their albums High Visibility

& their debut Supershitty to the Max

• There are other great punkbands, as ebba grön or stiff little fingers, but ramones are the bests.

• there is no band who can ever touch the ramones
    there are many awesome bands , yes, but the ramones are the best ! they did everithing right ! But in my opinion you can't compare the ramones with any other band !!!

• Check out the Libertines! Another very great band, but they've just 2 Albums.

• WRONG PLACE SORRY BUT INPORTANT TO FANZ

Hilly Kristal (1932-2007)

On August 28th from complications from lung cancer at age 75 died the owner of CBGB Hilly Crystal. In 1969 he opened a bar “Hilly’s on the Bowery”, which in three years got a new name CBGB & OMFUG or “Country Bluegrass Blues and Other Music For Uplifting Gormandizers”. Without a share of doubt that club became a birthplace of punk. There were playing such bands as “Television”, “Ramones”, “Blondie”, “Talking Heard”, “The Heartbrakers” and many more.
    On October 15th 2006 CBGB was closed.
    Hilly Kristal planned literally to remove CBGB to Las Vegas, bringing from the old club as much as it possible.

Hey Ho Let's Go!
  • eh, hilly...
    you misstyped talking heads..

Punk's not dead just diserves to die, when it becomes just another stale cartoon...
    Punk from Uranus Some punk experimenting shit from Uranus

• I`d say the misfits or the dead kennedys or the sex pistols have touched it:D

Kyon is not amused

with your faggotry
  • Don't worry just live 'til you die.

• zverec said...
    • User
    • 22 Jan 2008, 22:51
    no ,some bands were close but Ramones are untouchable . in my opinion

• http://www.thekidspunk.eu

started back in 1976 and kicking ass, they have a Anthology album out now => 4 cd's 2 bonus cd's and a dvd !

Belgium punk !

Don't worry just live 'til you die.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 14 Feb 2008, 21:19
    As much as I love The Ramones, I like The Clash and Sex Pistols a lot more.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.