• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 20 Apr 2007, 18:30

Edited by a deleted user on 12 Jun 2009, 06:18
    • entrypo said...
    • User
    • 23 Apr 2007, 04:02
    I have a lot of problems with the L Word. For one, all the women live in big houses in L.A. and are super beautiful and successful. There is only one stereotypical "butch" character, Max. As someone mentioned before on this forum, there is very little racial diversity. And yes, the show in my opinion is really only made for lesbians or straight guys. However, it's a really interesting show and has a lot of good drama, so I still watch it, although I refuse to say that I watch it just because I'm a lesbian.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 23 Apr 2007, 20:18

Edited by a deleted user on 12 Jun 2009, 06:19
    • entrypo said...
    • User
    • 24 Apr 2007, 04:12
    Alright. You got me there. I'm sorry for the label.
    I am not usually one who likes labels. I actually stopped watching the L Word because it made me furious when people said I only watched it because I was gay, or said that "all lesbians like the L Word". Since I'm confrontational, I just have to prove them wrong. I actually really dislike most lesbian themed movies, such as Lost and Delirious, My Summer of Love, or any others. I find them very cliche.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 24 Apr 2007, 19:01

Edited by a deleted user on 12 Jun 2009, 06:20
    • entrypo said...
    • User
    • 26 Apr 2007, 04:24
    I prefer when movies have a gay subplot, but the story isn't actually centered around the homosexual person or relationship. Shows Like Six Feet Under or films like Mulholland Drive stand tall by themselves, but are supported by the gay subplots. They aren't shows or movies only for gay people, and when I first watched Mulholland Drive I actually didn't know that there was a lesbian plot. But it's actually a major part of the story. The difference is that it could have been a straight relationship and the story would have stayed practically the same. Films or shows like that prove that queers are simply a part of life, and that they can show up anywhere, instead of showing that they're different or special and need to fight for their rights.

• When I watched Mulholland Drive I didn't actually know there was a plot.

• For those who haven't been able to lay hands on season 5 yet: I found it one of the best. :-P I can't promise everyone will to like it, but at least it's is less sorrow and misery than S2-4, IMHO.

:-) I agree, Mulholland Drive doesn't really have a plot (or only the first half hour or so), but its photography and atmosphere are simply superb. B-)

• I have watched all the seasons =3
    yeah baby n.n jeje
    but on Logo they're shoing the second season =P on thursdays

• I have watched all the seasons =3
    yeah baby n.n jeje
    but on Logo they're shoing the second season =P on thursdays

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 20 Nov 2008, 23:23
    HA everyone hates jenny. she's my favorite i think her inconsistency make her a great character and i must constantly defend her to the folks i watch the show with. but they usually just yell at me how much they hate her.

but the show is ridiculously maudlin sometimes.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 7 Dec 2008, 21:39
    I love it!

• Chrele said...
    • User
    • 14 Dec 2008, 23:02
    I love jenny, too.

• i used to like jenny. and then there was a period in season 4 to which i hated her. now she has managed to jump back in to my good books.

complicated character indeed. not sure i know too many lesbians like that. then again, everyone's trying too hard to be a 'shane'. where'd all the 'dana's go?

• I miss Carmen and Dana <3

Your destiny is in your hands, grab it while you can!
    • lolcaz said...
    • User
    • 15 Jan 2009, 16:18
    I so miss Dana too. =( I actually shed a tear in that scene where they're in the chapel thing during the ride for life.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 16 Jan 2009, 16:41

yes!

for jenny fans. the last season is approaching isnt it?

• lolcaz said...
    • User
    • 16 Jan 2009, 17:22
    Yeah, the first episode airs on the 18th! In the US though. But that won't stop me. ;)

• aw. dana was the best!!

• Negrak said...
    • User
    • 10 Feb 2009, 17:24
    Shane McCutcheon - played by Katherine Moennig.....LOVE..rs

→Quem não tem teto de vidro que atire a primeira pedra ♥
    ♪♫ ♪♫ ♪ ♪♫♫♫ ♪♫♪♫♫♫♪♫♫♫♫
    • lolcaz said...
    • User
    • 7 Mar 2009, 22:13
    Last ever episode airs tomorrow in the US! Will be dling it on Monday.
    I hope it isn't as bad as I know it will be.
    We won't even find out who did it!
    But at least Carmen will be in it...

• so, a movie is planned?

• I love love love love LOVE Shane with a passion, but I've seen quite a few episodes and I have to say, VERY overrated series.

As far as hour-long queer dramas go, Queer as Folk runs circles around the L Word. =)

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.