QOTSA dream line-up

• QOTSA dream line-up

the Queens lineup is forever changing, and pretty much anyone can crop up in the liner notes.... but if you could pick a future version of the band, who'd be in it?

• ... i cant decide yet, but i think i'd have both Mark and Nick back on vocal duties, along with Josh obviously. maybe a female voice would be nice, too, for backing vocals... and Tim Vanhamel of Millionaire and EoDM on guitar. my band would probably end up with about 15 members :)

• Lanegan as a backing vocal- would be good while whispering "sick, sick, sick" matt cammeron on drums - the best one cat get, the rest may remain as it is, if you insists on female voice I think PJ Harvey is born to sing in QOTSA and she's delighful at desert sessions. I'd add Grohl as all-around guy (drums, guitar, vocals but mainly tambourine duties) dreamteam complete

Патрик
    • Hat420 said...
    • User
    • 21 Jul 2007, 05:00
    it has to have Dave Grohl in it he is just awesome!!!

also Billy gibbons need to make an Appearance for his beard to make it harmonic (if you didnt get the copy of Lullaby's with the DVD wit it you wont get that)

• i agree, can't decide but Dave Grohl is the first => he kicks ass !

Don't worry just live 'til you die.
    I wanna drown with nowhere to fall into the arms of someone.
    There's nothin' to save and i know you live 'til you die !

the QOTSA group => http://www.last.fm/group/Something+In+The+Wolf

http://www.triggerfinger.net

www.theblackboxrevelation.be
  • Dave Grohl was great for drums on Songs for the Deaf but overall I think Alfredo was much more of a better QOTSA drummer. Course my love teh S/T album over all the others may be clouding my judgement on teh subject. For lead guitars and backing vocals, I think Brant Bjork should replace Homme. Josh can do rhthym on most if not all teh songs. As for bass, Nick needs to come back. IMO, nick was the heart and soul of QOTSA, him and homme had perfect chemistry in writing and performing. Just bring back Kyuss LOL

• GisforGangsta pisze:
    Just bring back Kyuss LOL

that would be great.

but the best QOTSA line up was in SFTD era. thez should another record in this line up.

• my dream line up, was the QOTSA of songs for the deaf.

they kick ass in every line

• the back cover of songs of the deaf is the perfect lineup
    mark on vocals
    josh on guitar n vocals
    nick on bass
    n dave grohl on drums
    all star lineup rite there

• wELL...I Think It Could Have:

Josh Homme
    PJ Harvey
    Dave Grohl
    Paz Lenchantin
    Troy Van Leuween
    Nick Olivieri

Chris Gross should be there too,as their main producer.And the joker of the band would JESSE =P

Albert J. Holmes Bloom
  • I saw them @ Rock Werchter 2002 with Dave, Nick & Mark and it was the best line-up thay had.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi_c_9X3m5w&feature=related[/youtube]

• wow.... I'm stunned. I don't know aaaaanyone who would rather have Grohl on drums just because his playing is too tight for the queens sound. I think Castillo's punk style adds a great dimension so he's my pick. Failing that Gene Trautmann, as I love the drumming on rated r.

As for everything else I look no further than SFTD era.... mebbe with a bit of Diamond Dave in there for good measures.

• red157 said...
    • User
    • 17 Dec 2008, 13:56
    I'll be original and say Grohl and Oliveri on drums and bass respectively...
    Brendon Mcnichol on lap steel (He was epic)
    Alain Johannes on guitar as he was the best guitarist to ever grace QOTSA, yes, moreso than Josh, who will obviously still be in this line-up as guitarist/vocalist
    Lanegan obviously completes it.

Sayonara, not to be confused with cyanide, which is, of course, goodbye in any language.

My Twitter
  • Mark as a vocalist along with Josh (obilivously) on guitar n vocals n troy as well
    Nick back on bass n joey on drums
    n whoever is the steel guitarist can b included as well

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 20 Jun 2009, 22:21
    Current line up, as long as Mr. Lanegan is fufiling the lead vocal duties.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 26 Jun 2009, 16:16
    Actually i'd like Nick on Bass again, but keep Joey on drums :D:D

• Josh-Vox Rhythm
    JPJ-Bass
    Try-Lead
    Mark-Backin Vocals
    Dean Ferita-Synths
    Dave Grohl-Drums..........................end of discussion xD

• Josh - lead vocals/Lead guitars
    Mark - Lead vocals
    Nick - Bass/vocals
    Troy - Guitar
    Dave - Drums

Mateus2112
  • Dave on drums, Nick on bass, Troy on guitar, Dean on Synths, Mark on vocals and Josh. Would be awesome!

• mondoJ said...
    • User
    • 13 Feb 2010, 15:23
    JHo gitbox/vox
    Oliveri bass/vox
    Grohl drums
    D. Catching (2nd guitar and lapsteel)

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 5 Mar 2010, 20:13
    Them Crooked Vultures is the best QotSA line-up

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 13 Apr 2011, 01:00

so..

am i the only one who thinks that Joey > Dave and Mike > Nick ?

• Josh Homme/ Jack White/ Dan Auerbach- Vocals/ Guitar
    Dave Catching/ Pat Smear- Guitar
    Troy Van Leeuwen- Guitar, Lap Steel, Keyboards, Backing Vocals
    John Paul Jones/ Ben Kenney- Bass
    Chris Ross- Keyboards/ Bass
    Dave Grohl - Drums/ Vocals
    Chad Smith/ Joey Castillo- Drums
    Chris Cornell/ Mark Lanegan- Vocals
    This is the dream line-up for a record, but touring wise I think the group now is probably the best

• Josh Homme - Vocals / Guitar
    Troy van Leeuwen - Guitar
    Alain Johannes - extra Guitars / misc instruments
    Nick Oliveri - Bass / Vocals
    Dean Fertita - Keys
    Joey Castilo - Drums
    Mark Lanegan - Vocals

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.