Your punk of choice?

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 27 Aug 2010, 10:22

Your punk of choice?

Let's hear it:
    Are you a rudeboy? A skinhead? A crusty? A street punk? A thrasher? A hardcore kid?
    What gets you off?

For me, it's grindcore, thrash of all kinds, metal punk, hardcore punk and some crust punk. It's all about the heavy stuff for me. And how about the rest of you?

• Ska, hardcore, crack rock steady, thrashcore, ergs style pop punk, folk punk, anything thats fast and quite simplistic and makes me wanna stand up and dance or go fucking crazy

• Street punk/Oi!

• Hardcore
    Noise
    Powerviolence
    D-Beat
    Garage

• Crust, pop-punk, folk-punk and some d-beat.

"Fuck Your Street Spirit." - Ruben Polo
  • Street punk, pogo punk, oi!

• Punk rock has been split into far too many names which divides the scene...77 punk, Oi!, hardcore, street punk, crust, d-beat, pop punk, straight edge, folk punk etc etc. If it catches me ear and I think it's good then I listen to it. F@ck Divisions!!!

• Crack Rock Steady, Crust, Ska, Street Punk, Pop Punk, Folk Punk, Hardcore, its all good to me.

"Punk is not dead. Punk will only die when corporations can exploit and mass produce it." - Jello
    • xNGLx said...
    • User
    • 24 Feb 2011, 21:22

Edited by xNGLx on 4 Feb 2012, 16:09
    • chielk said...
    • User
    • 20 Jun 2011, 19:55
    Street punk, punk rock, crust, thrash, nederpunk, ska, hardcore punk, d-beat, oi!, folk-punk, metal punk
    actually all kinds of punk would do for me!
    I used to love pop-punk, but now it's good to hear once in a while...
    So that's not the punk of my choice anymore

"Hasta la victoria siempre! Viva la Revolucion!"
    Ché Guivara
  • POP PUNK
    Punk Rock
    Horror Punk
    Ramonescore
    Hardcore
    Powerviolence

Edited by CountDruckula on 27 Jul 2012, 14:10
  • Bass punk ! Bass !

Proto- with Velvet / Stooges,

During- with Exploited / G.B.H., X-Ray Spex.

After- (post-) with root-cold wave (Unknown Pleasures / Closer (J.D.), Garlands (C.T.), Juju (S. & B.), And Also the Trees). Gang of Four (recent discovery on last fm !).

Even created cold core : ultra-arid post punk with psych or indus touch. I begin in Joy Division style with over-heavy drumming loops.
    I want to continue in at least three punk bands, (2 pure punk, one cold wave-punk). There would be huge amounts of bass and very simple rythmic guitars.
    Indeed I intend to explore all this horizon, from electro-pop new wave, or odd cold core or industrial experiments, to new forms of punk old school. Sure it is possible and that all has not been fully done.

Happy : here plenty to discover, should have kliked before...

Cheers.

• Here's my answer sort of...

I'm really 4 either Riot Grrl, Hardcore/Thrashcore Punk or Anarcho/Crust/D-Beat-Punk
    pop punk's ok but I'm sick of it I need something less commercial I like Pop Punk but I don't love it!

• Lauer85 said...
    • User
    • 10 Jun 2012, 19:25
    Oldschool to newschool hc, youth crew, oi! and streetpunk, thrash, punk 77, uk 82, metalcore its old way, same with emo... sometimes powerviolence and power pop/ mod revival stuff

• Lauer85 said...
    • User
    • 10 Jun 2012, 21:40
    wretched-one sagte:
    Punk rock has been split into far too many names which divides the scene...77 punk, Oi!, hardcore, street punk, crust, d-beat, pop punk, straight edge, folk punk etc etc. If it catches me ear and I think it's good then I listen to it. F@ck Divisions!!!

so right!

• D-Beat, Crust, 80's Hardcore Punk, Scandi-Punk, Stenchcore, Anarcho- & Peacepunk, Post Punk, New Wave, '77Classix , Old Skool Hardcore Punk and sometimes Grind, Powerviolence or Trashmetal...

Eat the rich and drink with the poor
  • Oi, psychobilly, street punk, horror punk, pop punk

• wretched-one said:
    Punk rock has been split into far too many names which divides the scene...77 punk, Oi!, hardcore, street punk, crust, d-beat, pop punk, straight edge, folk punk etc etc. If it catches me ear and I think it's good then I listen to it. F@ck Divisions!!!

I couldn't agree more. these division are only pushing us all apart, making us less of a threat to their ideology, Unite and fight

AntiLabelSociety

• j-yeags said...
    • User
    • 14 Jan 2013, 23:06
    wretched-one said:

fuckin' a. if it's good, i'll listen to it regardless of genre.

• DEATHROCK, POST PUNK, HORROR PUNK, PSYCHOBILLY ... GRIND

• Your Punk Of Choice

I have changed since so any punk but depending on heavy noiseyness less so!I'm getting into more Reggae influenced Punk and Digitalhardcore like Atari teenage Riot!

• TekmaHC said...
    • User
    • 8 Feb 2014, 12:53
    Hardcore,Crust,Grind,Oi

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.