What's the best punkband nowadays?

• I say The Unseen, they're pretty fucking awesome.

• scitzo said...
    • User
    • 27 Nov 2004, 19:32
    now-a-days it looks like green days goin up on the scale but they're not like they used to be...i'd say NOFX too...they are awesome!!! and anti-flag are pretty awesome too

• scitzo said...
    • User
    • 27 Nov 2004, 19:32

Edited by scitzo on 30 Nov 2004, 05:53
    • niveK82 said...
    • User
    • 7 Dec 2004, 23:37
    Against Me all the way

-Kev
  • Re:

Quoth niveK82:
    Against Me all the way

W0rd.

This is not here.
  • GOOD CHARLOTTE!

...I'm kidding.

Scrobblermarried to daverocks. Unf.
    There will be a poetry spoken silently between me and the stereo.
  • Best punk band...its between NOFX, Pennywise and Refused

• hiker said...
    • User
    • 16 Dec 2004, 14:08
    Please add The Briefs.

• Re:

Quoth Traptinmihead:
    Best punk band...its between NOFX, Pennywise and Refused

Refused is punk?

• LachyC said...
    • Subscriber
    • 17 Dec 2004, 14:05

Re: Re:

Quoth jenballs:
    Quoth Traptinmihead:

Refused is punk?

Yes. And one of the only ones worth listening to these days.

• Re: Re: Re:

Quoth LachyC:
    Quoth jenballs:
    Quoth Traptinmihead:

Refused is punk?

I love Refused. I just never thought of them as being punk. You learn something new everyday apparently.

• LachyC said...
    • Subscriber
    • 18 Dec 2004, 15:17

Re: Re: Re: Re:

Quoth jenballs:
    Quoth LachyC:
    Quoth jenballs:
    Quoth Traptinmihead:

Refused is punk?

I love Refused. I just never thought of them as being punk. You learn something new everyday apparently.

Yeah I guess it just depends how you define punk....I mean we joke about it but believe it or not there are people out there who are willing to describe bands such as Good Charlotte, The Ataris, MXPX and even Simple Plan as punk. Personally I believe describing bands such as Lagwagon and Millencolin et al as punk to be a bit of a stretch...
    But as a form of political and social activism delivered in song, you could say Refused were one of the punkest around. And they did give us "The Shape Of Punk To Come"... although I'm yet to see any new bands give any substance to such a prophecy.
    Sooner or later however, we all have to face facts and accept that if punk ain't dead, it's very old and frail and in its muddled dementia is increasingly lending its name to kids and manchildren who would rather croon angstily about lost loves than even try to comprehend what the genre's forefathers were on about.

• i'm loving alkaline trio. as always.

• Definately Pennywise, NoFX, Bad Religion, Misfits!!!

• Re: Re: Re: Re: Re:

Quoth LachyC:
    Quoth jenballs:
    Quoth LachyC:
    Quoth jenballs:
    Quoth Traptinmihead:

Refused is punk?

Yeah I guess it just depends how you define punk....I mean we joke about it but believe it or not there are people out there who are willing to describe bands such as Good Charlotte, The Ataris, MXPX and even Simple Plan as punk. Personally I believe describing bands such as Lagwagon and Millencolin et al as punk to be a bit of a stretch...
    But as a form of political and social activism delivered in song, you could say Refused were one of the punkest around. And they did give us "The Shape Of Punk To Come"... although I'm yet to see any new bands give any substance to such a prophecy.
    Sooner or later however, we all have to face facts and accept that if punk ain't dead, it's very old and frail and in its muddled dementia is increasingly lending its name to kids and manchildren who would rather croon angstily about lost loves than even try to comprehend what the genre's forefathers were on about.

Great post.

Anyway I'd have to say my favourite bands are strung out and nofx. I just came across this group 15 minutes ago was quite suprised to see Strung Out not even making the top 50.

• I like Bad Religion, Green Day and NOFX! Anti - flag is after them.

PS: Is in this group some1 form Poland?

Sex Is When A Guy Puts His Location In A Girl's Destination To Increasy Population For The Next Generation. Do You Get My Explantion Or Do You Need A Demonstartion?
    • Djehuti said...
    • User
    • 20 Jan 2005, 03:48
    Cock Sparrer is still the greatest punk band.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 3 Feb 2005, 13:15

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re:  

Quoth LachyC:

I agree that punk and politics go together and the relation between the two is important but I've always struggled with the politics over sound idea since it excludes a lot of stuff that sounds stylistically like punk e.g. Dickies out on the grounds of no politics. Pop punk has always existed and punk bands have always included those that sung about love or stupid stuff like being drunk and puking. Politics is not the be all and end all.

for all that though my favourite punk band that still record and tour today are political - Fugazi.

• That's an easy one, the Melvins of course.

• 4Dave said...
    • User
    • 4 Feb 2005, 12:13
    nowadays?
    Leftover Crack, F-Minus, Non Servium,

Next One Is Real
  • Wow, most of that stuff ain't punk

3/4 of the bands being mentioned aren't punk at all. You guys need some Rites of Spring, Angel Hair, Blood Brothers, Indian Summer, Born Against, Fugazi, Heroin, and some Moss Icon. That stuff is real punk, not your crap like NOFX, Ant-Flag, and Green Day.

• 4Dave said...
    • User
    • 7 Mar 2005, 06:48

Re: Wow, most of that stuff ain't punk

Quoth aliceinchains41:
    Blood Brothers... That stuff is real punk...

Blood Brothers - great band!!!
    But I'm not sure is that punk?!?
    May be some kind of core?

Next One Is Real
    • LachyC said...
    • Subscriber
    • 7 Mar 2005, 06:58
    yeah i wouldn't say blood brothers is real punk.

• jge1228 said...
    • User
    • 11 Mar 2005, 20:32
    In no order:
    Anti-Flag
    Bad Religion
    Flogging Molly
    and I know I'll catch a lot of flak for this but, fuck it:
    The Casualties

• bad religion is pretty lame

rub out your eyes, this ship is sinking
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.