"Bad" trips

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 10 Aug 2008, 07:32

"Bad" trips

Have any of you deliberately tried to conjure up things that scare you while using psychoactives? Maybe through the use of some dark ambient or horror movies?

My hypothesis is that if you went into it prepared and already with a strong psyche, you could use it to strengthen your mind. Thoughts?

• There are many different kinds of bad trips, and most of the ones I've had were quite fruitful and educational. I tend not to need to conjure a difficult atmosphere while tripping to get there because, especially with my work with the mushroom, they tend to occur anyway. Things like insectoid/parasitic domains, or confrontation with the "devouring animal" as the mechanism in us that consumes -- a thing that I've found to reveal itself in all of its myriad teeth and crunching.

There's also a sort of "black hole" or hellish gravitational swallowing that I've met with, usually manifesting itself out of a true resistance. Remember this when tripping. Our own resistance to the chemical will cause that internal violence. This I wouldn't say "strengthens" us in anyway, for what we must learn is how to go through those levels, to be able to pass through those thresholds without struggle. Who would wish to breed more resistance within themselves? We want to establish the cycle as a whole in our own beings, and the only way out is through.

I did have one trip quite a while ago, which I was rather inexperienced at the time, but one in which I listened to a certain type of music that took me to that "madness vacuum". I saw some things that I was happy to incorporate into my psychedelic vocabulary, but it certainly didn't strengthen my mind by any means. If anything, you might batter your spaceship a bit on those kinds of expeditions.

However, if you're interested in "death energies", I've heard that the dissociatives are very helpful in that area. I have no personal experience with this myself, but a friend of mine boasts that the dissociatives are wonderful and much can be explored in the places they hold.

---

But overall what I'd like to express is that psychedelics, by their very nature, will open the floodgates of the unconscious and, in it, immerse us into truly alien dimensions, and they will always certainly be overwhelming and will test our endurance, and there is no need to set any conditions that cause this.

"The world has no name, he said. The names of the cerros and the sierras and the deserts exist only on maps. We name them that we do not lose our way. Yet it was because the way was lost to us already that we have made those names. The world cannot be lost. We are the ones [that are lost]. And it is because these names and the coordinates are our own that they cannot save us. That they cannot find for us the way again."
    • poofkia said...
    • User
    • 13 Feb 2009, 12:01
    had couple of bad trips. usually because of surrounding people acting.. not too tolerant. they left a deep cut in understanding the trip itself as it is. I do agree that trying to resist the psychedelic experience ones it has already started is probably the worst thing you can do. though never understood how one could actually desire to get to a state like that. i myself would suggest acid vs speed. two times i had that combination, two times it was a very strange journey with feeling of emptiness. quite educational in some way i guess. but really not something you would enjoy. another interesting experience that eventually turned out to be not very pleasant experience (as i found myself totally sealed inside, not even being able to talk to my girl) was when i had some acid after a night in a k-hole. it really was euphoric, with the dawn of new summer day and stuff, just that the people around did not respect my trip. i needed privacy. this interaction into someone`s trip is probably the worst thing you could do for a person on psychedelic journey.

• c4t2007 said...
    • User
    • 29 May 2009, 09:27
    I wasn't overwhelmed by the 35 grams of fresh Colombians i ate last November. Thinking about it even made the effects go away.

The 12 grams of Hawaiians i ate a week after were a bit too strong, though. Skipping drinking water to explore my dry mouth made me worry too hard an hour(?) later.

And the 15 grams of "Sclerotia" (Psilocybe Tampanensis? Hazel-/walnut taste with unpleasant aftertaste.) was way too intense for me for the first 3 hours. Maybe it would've been better if i hadn't been watching 3x3 Eyes OAV 5 while waiting for the effects. A sweatshirt to stop the draft from the hallway would've been nice, too.

“Brazil’s cattle industry [...] is responsible for about 80 percent of all deforestation in the Amazon. In fact, the Brazilian cattle industry is the largest single source of deforestation anywhere in the world. And deforestation in turn causes one-fifth of all the greenhouse gas emissions in the world, more than all the world’s cars, trucks, trains, planes, and ships combined.” - Lindsey Allen
    Child labour: the tobacco industry's smoking gun
    Up to 90 percent of logging has ties to organized crime in some tropical countries.
  • stare into the abyss and the abyss stares back. *shrug*.

if you REALLY think you've got a "strong psyche", try tripping in a walmart or in a church. society has enough demons to battle without you mentally constructing your own.

If it comes through my sound card, it's mine.
    • c4t2007 said...
    • User
    • 3 Sep 2009, 10:45
    I think i'd spend my time being amused by the pretty colors.

“Brazil’s cattle industry [...] is responsible for about 80 percent of all deforestation in the Amazon. In fact, the Brazilian cattle industry is the largest single source of deforestation anywhere in the world. And deforestation in turn causes one-fifth of all the greenhouse gas emissions in the world, more than all the world’s cars, trucks, trains, planes, and ships combined.” - Lindsey Allen
    Child labour: the tobacco industry's smoking gun
    Up to 90 percent of logging has ties to organized crime in some tropical countries.
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.