• Zacheee said...
    • User
    • 24 Oct 2008, 01:20
    20 been programming for 4 years.

I started with more high level stuff, but now work mostly with embedded systems as I major in computer E. But I still have a job doing OO stuff.

• 21, programming for 2.5 years :D

• Linkz89 said...
    • User
    • 9 Nov 2008, 13:13
    I'm 19, and I've been programming for 2 or 3 years

You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. We are the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.
  • 22... programming since... i was 10... tho... i _really_ started to program like 6 years ago...

When it comes about programming, you are your own limit.

If the problem has a solution, worrying is pointless, in the end the problem will be solved. If the problem has no solution, there is no reason to worry, because it can't be solved.
    --
    I abomination, evil supreme
    I am the king of all kings
    I am religion, I am dominion
    I am the king of all kings!
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 21 Nov 2008, 16:07
    I am 16
    Programming HTML, some CSS, trying to understand higher java xD

• witchkingx escribió:
    I am 16
    Programming HTML, some CSS, trying to understand higher java xD

I suggest you to understand a language like... python (python + django if you want to develop webapps) or ruby (Ruby on rails if you want to develop webapps) and understand some of the QT, GTK and/or winapi...

When it comes about programming, you are your own limit.

If the problem has a solution, worrying is pointless, in the end the problem will be solved. If the problem has no solution, there is no reason to worry, because it can't be solved.
    --
    I abomination, evil supreme
    I am the king of all kings
    I am religion, I am dominion
    I am the king of all kings!
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 7 Dec 2008, 04:07

Started programming probably a couple years ago, but never was really that gung-ho about it. I'm currently a Junior majoring in computer science.

• Im 27, been programming for 14 years with stuff in basic, assembler, c, c++, visual basic, cobol, and now have moved on to more web based stuff so perl, asp, php, js, html

ride hard, ride fast
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 23 Dec 2008, 02:52
    21 years 2 programing knowloedge in vb.60,C#,java,php,html,
    still junior imo.

• 17 in February
    Started when I was 13 with a Javascript for a website that I didn't understand and have been programming since with big breaks:P
    Started lately again with C#,C++ and PHP for my highschool
    greetings

• I'm 18 years old. I got interested in programming ~5 years ago, my first language being MS Basic. I experimented for a few months with basic, and then started learning c++. It was fun until i looked into Win32 programming & DX. It was full of pointers, low level stuff, messy code, etc... so i gave up and looked for something more abstract.

I experimented with various languages, like Java, OCaml, Ruby, Python, pretty much every popular HL language. 3 years ago i discovered and started learning C#, and I'm still using it.

• 25 years old, been programming for 7 years.

• yorkey said...
    • User
    • 31 Dec 2008, 09:24
    I'm 14, I started a few months back with Java

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Top Weekly Albums
    • opyate said...
    • User
    • 31 Dec 2008, 12:01
    Born in 1979
    Started programming in 1992
    Professional career since 2001
    Formal education: Diploma in scientific computing (AI, Neural nets, etc)
    Languages I use professionally: Java, Python, Groovy, Bash, etc

Most productive when listening to death metal (using good noise-cancelling earphones, ironically enough)
    ;-)

• Haha, ironic indeed, opyate. I like your template, and I shall borrow it.

Born in 78
    Started programming in 98
    Professional since 98
    Formal Education: BSc. of IS
    Languages I use professionally: SQL, C#, vbscript, powershell. Rarely php.

I am most productive when my (folk/indie rock) music is loud, my red bull is cold, my coffee is hot and my home office is at a cozy 78 :D

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 11 Jan 2009, 20:08
    I'm seventeen and a half and I started in... seventh grade/12 years old, with HTML? Went to Perl after some time, mostly because I wanted to enter a competition while 16 years old. Started C++ some months after that, but C++ is cumbersome for scripting, so I started using Python over Perl a few months ago.

In the middle of all of this, I began using Foobar2000 and I've scripted a lot with titleformatting/Tagz etc. Programming? Not really. Fun? Yeah~

• 17, VB.Net, C#
    now learning Java

• Old enough to know not to answer that question. :-P

• 13, I started with HTML and CSS around 11 (maybe). Now I write in PHP, SQL, JavaScript and i am starting with C#.

• Arroy said...
    • User
    • 24 Jan 2009, 20:52
    I'm 20 years old and i started learning programing since almost 5 years with pascal , html and css
    and now I know a little of delphi , php and sql
    I'm careful studying C/C++ since 4 mounts , but still everyting is amateur

Edited by Arroy on 1 Feb 2009, 19:32
    • Feradon said...
    • User
    • 26 Jan 2009, 09:59
    22, I wrote my first programs with VB 6 about 9 or 10 years ago... :D Since then I learned some other languages like Java, PHP, SQL, LUA or Smalltalk... Most of them by learning by doing... ^^

"Sorry, Lise. I can't be a vegetarian. I love the taste of death." - Bart Simpson
  • 14, been programming and doing general computer....lets just say stuff for about 4 years. Learning Java in APCS now, and i know some elementary python, not enough to do anything useful though.

• kaens said...
    • User
    • 11 Feb 2009, 14:18
    23, programming for 15 years starting with the TI-99 4/A

• Bohusz said...
    • User
    • 21 Feb 2009, 10:07
    I'm 43, my first program was ASCII enumeration in some kind of Basic at high school when I was about 16/17, then I programmed (roughly time-ordered) in Pascal, FORTRAN, asm (HP-1000, IBM/370, 8080, Z80, 8086, ...), Modula, C, command.com, shell, SQL, Informix SQL + 4GL + SPL, Tcl, Perl, C++, cmd.exe, Java, JavaScipt, PB script, Visual Basics, T-SQL, a bit of PHP, C#, J#, Oracle PL/SQL, groovy and certainly others I can't remember or name now, not mentioning data languages like XML, SGML, ... :-\
    yes, I program for living ;-) and fun, 'course :-)

"We know who we are, so we don't need names."
  • 21, programming since 13 (visual basic) but only seriously when i turned 18 and started my Computer Engineering degree. I program in everything from C++ and Java to Assembly language and VHDL, mostly in embedded systems.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.