• Try this:

Manual's similar artists.

I've been listening for over a year now, and pretty straight for that whole year, along with a little , , and some folk lately. You have to experiment, find your groove. Music genres are a little like programming languages. You have to find the right one to do the job.

Also, don't leave this out of your toolbox.
    http://www.last.fm/listen
    Multi-tag and multi-artist radio!

• ivouken said...
    • User
    • 15 Aug 2009, 08:21
    IDM and downtempo, really, but when I'm in a good mood I can code being backgrounded by Kylie Minogue... it wouldn't bother xD

• Depends on the mood ... Sometimes or , sometimes something extremely noisy ( Anaal Nathrakh really help me concentrate ). But background music is not as important as reaching the Ballmer peak ^_^

yeah, whatever
  • Re:Hope it helps...

hobbysoldat said:
    If I need some Power or Motivation i listen to Power Metal (Sonata Arctica,... ) or Equilibrium while Programming, if I want to chill i listen to Nightwish. Sometimes i also listen to Enya, but that's only when I got Headace from partying to long the day before.

My brother also programs with Sonata Arctica in his PC at the office -.-
    I simply don't know how do you manage to program with Power Metal xD

• tburny said...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 26 Aug 2009, 08:53
    metal is cool for coding :D

Combo.fm: Combine your favourite radio stations! | My Blog | scala-lastfmapi | Cache2k - A high performance Java in-memory cache
    P.S.: Do not click here
    throw new PokemonException(); //Gotta catch 'em all
    My forum post reflects my personal opinion :)
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 27 Aug 2009, 05:37
    Urgency/Intensity Scale
    Least ----> Most
    Whatever I'm in the mood for -->Animal Collective/Juana Molina --> Massive Attack /Kid Koala --> Thelonious Monk --> Saul Williams/Sage Francis --> Yoshida Brothers --> Talvin Singh/Tabla Beat Science playlists

something like that. ^_^

• I actually don't listen to anything while programming - this is just how my mind works, I always concentrate on what I listen to. I must have silence to think... I don't concentrate easily.

• rmaertin said...
    • Subscriber
    • 21 Oct 2009, 10:31
    Either silence or something close to it. Ambient sounds, minimal electronic, phil glass.

• Br|b said...
    • User
    • 22 Oct 2009, 11:23
    Something loud that removes the background noise (i.e. metal/rock)

How to make a signature?
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 26 Oct 2009, 10:54
    I listen to synthpop or chillout sounds when i'm coding for fun and ebm on difficult homework projects or when i'm reading. Some indie songs gives me "inspiration" also.

I wish i can magage to be concentrated while listening to metal, darkwave or harsh ebm, but i can't...

• If bash scripting counts...

...Well, if bash scripting counts, I use to code along with Passive. This applies to 1C:Enterprise and C++ designing... And even sleep when it sounds from my laptop over my ears...
    Am I broken?...

HP branded ATI+AMD dual core machine.
    • varens said...
    • User
    • 31 Oct 2009, 03:24
    Typically I tune in to Proton radio while writing code; most other genres I find distracting.

<large-friendly-letters>Don't Panic!</large-friendly-letters>
  • any one trash metal or basically rock.
    my java improve, my programming get better

• I listen to eels when programming.
    I cant listen to complicated music cus then i end up listening to the music instead of programming :)

• Any kind of music when doing something that I already know how to do.

When it comes to learning of new material I usually don't listen anything at all. However, if it's too noisy around, it's common to listen to some ambient or neofolk.

• They say that things like metal or alcohol are good for coding but I don't believe it because it didn't work for me (especially the later :). It's just sounding cool to say so.

And then I find that something more ambient, preferably without lyrics might work very well at times. This is what someone told me and it worked. Amethystium worked for me. But maybe it depends on the mood. I have found myself being very productive after listening to fast electronic music. It just gave me the energy I needed.

But something ambient and without lyrics is my favorite solution.

The sun was born, so it shall die..
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 16 Dec 2009, 13:40
    OK, so my favorite solution is combination of avant-garde black metal - Morgul, Lux Occulta, melo/sympho black metal etc.. when I need a new ideas :D and dark ambient - Atrium Carceri, Lustmord, Midnight Syndicate, Nox Arcana and shoegaze - Alcest, when I need to be concentrated. ;)

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 23 Dec 2009, 22:58
    I love and .Whitehouse, Consumer Electronics & Prurient is almost ideal for programming, developing and other IT works (-;

• Disturbed helped me yesterday to stay awake and code some college stuff. Some realy complicated college stuff... Coding and headbangin' at 11PM \m/

• Clock DVA is pretty good (old electronic), or something like Alva Noto (glitch).

• Machinae Supremacy is kinda geekish way of Metal. They're like melodic death/power metal with a lot of Commodore64 electronics :D
    And they put one free full album on Last.fm Deus Ex Machinae
    Check out Player One if you wonder what it sounds like

• Worked said...
    • Subscriber
    • 18 Feb 2010, 02:16
    Definitely some IDM or Dark Ambient for me. Helps me chill out when I'm working on a project that's due within the next 24 hours that I've yet to start.

• For example, some chill songs Devin the Dude

See a Penny, pick it up and all day long you'll have good luck!
  • deep smooth atmospheric progressive house.... Kay-D, Moshic, etc. Also IDM, such as Orbital, Psyambient such as Aes Dana, Solar Fields, Carbon Based Lifeforms, etc.

I can't listening to anything to edgy or I lose my concentration.

"I think the meaning of trance has gotten lost in translation over the past few years it doesn't all have to come from a candy shop" - John 00 Fleming, BBC Radio One Essential Mix 2/12/2010
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.