• 3inT said...
    • User
    • 14 Jun 2010, 12:12
    Any languages where I don't have to manage memory. The rest is syntax.
    I like ActionScript now, but that's just because I'm better at it.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 30 Jun 2010, 18:04
    Lisp for the win! One of the best programming languages ever invented.

• C/C++
    C#
    VBScript (excellent for Windows admins)
    Perl
    python

forks for me!
  • C/C++
    C#

• 1. C/C++.
    2. In this situation I choose new language. It's more fun than coding in the same again and again. (wow, rhyme :P)

• 1. c# and visual studo 2008?

2. I would go with what ever the type of develoment was needed, so if it was a business application I would probably go with c# .net 3.5 and then if it was games programming I would go with c++ and use opengl.

• 1. C
    2. C# when necessary.
    3. Just getting into Objective-C.

These are the favorite ones, but whatever is needed, really. When job calls, there's no preference other than the best language for that job.

This may not be a language, but sure kicks some serious ass: shell script!

• Skiye said...
    • Event Moderator
    • 25 Aug 2010, 18:04
    java, javascript, vbs, html, css, xml, php, bin/bash, perl, sql, command line/powershell and some other various ones. just started learning C, C++, objective C this spring. all self taught/hobbyist - no formal schooling on the subject matters.

gcc ftw ;)

• c4t2007 said...
    • User
    • 15 Oct 2010, 12:25
    JavaScript & Python are my favorites to actually build stuff with, but i envy the documentation of PHP.

“Brazil’s cattle industry [...] is responsible for about 80 percent of all deforestation in the Amazon. In fact, the Brazilian cattle industry is the largest single source of deforestation anywhere in the world. And deforestation in turn causes one-fifth of all the greenhouse gas emissions in the world, more than all the world’s cars, trucks, trains, planes, and ships combined.” - Lindsey Allen
    Child labour: the tobacco industry's smoking gun
    Up to 90 percent of logging has ties to organized crime in some tropical countries.
  • 1. What is your language/environment of preference (if given one)?
    PHP, Visual Basic, C/C++.

2. The most popular at this time are Java, PHP, C++, but I would want to know Python and LISP.

• Weeks said...
    • User
    • 22 Nov 2010, 22:09
    C probably, simply cos it's a nicely designed and small language for the most part. I tend to require too many platforms, frameworks and the like to be able to use it as much as I'd like though. I have a soft spot of Lisp's design though. I'm interested in Haskell... interested to know if functional programming is more of a silver bullet...

• Java. I used to be fluent in Perl, Python, and bash (okay, not as powerful), but my excuse it that I started using only Java for school and then lost all my free time for other languages/fun. Now even if I have some little one-time personal script to write, I use Java. Aghh.

But now I'm learning C++, slowly (pointers?!) and writing bits of Perl again. I'd rather try writing in those than sticking with Java.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.