What album got you into power metal?

• First 2 albums that got me really into the Power Metal: Ecliptica by Sonata Arctica (its funny because after reading this thread I realize it has influenced quite a few of us). and Crimson Thunder by HammerFall.

First album I bought: I think it was Crimson Thunder, haha, but part of me wants to say it was Mandrake by Edguy. Either way, I'm pretty sure these were the first 2 I bought.

This being said, I can still say Mirror Mirror by Blind Guardian was the first Power Metal song I ever heard and downloaded. So maybe Nightfall In Middle-Earth?

• I have no clue how the term 'power metal' is defined in this content, but my kickstart to the whole genre was Michael Schenker Group's 'Doctor Doctor' from their album 'One Night at Budokan' which I heard from the radio. Back then it was called just hard rock, I think. This was in 1982. Ever since my life has been different.

First album I bought was MSG's Assault Attack, the second being Rainbow's 'Difficult to Cure'. ' One Night at Budokan' was number three.

Rock Will Never Die, Perkeles
  • I used to love rock since I was 8 and then i turned to Heavy Metal and then slowly i found Power Metal and love it! Album that i first heard and bought is Winterheart's Guild by Sonata Arctica.

• The first Power Metal album i heard was The Symphony of Enchanted lands Vol. II, by Rhapsody of Fire.

Awesome! Epic! Indescribable!

=D

Too late cause the moment has died!

• I can't remember the album but Gamma Ray was the first power metal band I ever really got into.

• Blind Guardian - Bard's Song: In the Forest.

I don't remember precisely which power metal album I heard at first, but certainly it wasn't SfB from BG.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 9 May 2010, 14:01
    first PM album, that I listened was Heading for Tomorrow from Gamma Ray. But first PM song that I listened was One with the World from their next album. Still love it.

• The first Power Metal albums I listened were Hammerfall - Threshold and Blind Guardian - Somewhere Far Beyond, these albums got me into Power Metal

• Uzark said...
    • User
    • 10 May 2010, 21:15
    first Power metal album was ecliptica by sonata arctica and the first song i ever listened too was full moon in that album

• "Silence" by Sonata Arctica. Still love that album, specially the songs "The Power of One" and "Last Drop Falls".

• WALLS OF JERICHO

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 21 May 2010, 06:18
    Nightfall in Middle-Earth. Lot of memories attached to that album.

• alextat said...
    • User
    • 15 Jun 2010, 18:39
    Destiny by Stratovarius My very first power metal encounter or if you consider Nightwish to be power metal then it would be Century Child

• JalleFr said...
    • User
    • 3 Jul 2010, 22:07
    I can't exactly remember, it was by Dragonforce. That's sure.

• 1.Sonata Arctica - Silence
    2.Cellador - Enter Deception
    3.Symphony X - The Divine Wings Of Tragedy
    4.Dragonforce - Ultra Beatdown
    5.Catharsis - Имаго

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 26 Jul 2010, 09:27
    My first power metal album i've heard was surely "Ecliptica" by Sonata Arctica, especially Replica ( still one of my favourite songs of SA) and Fullmoon. The other cd that got me into power metal was Blind Guardian's 'A Twist In The Myth" (Turn The Page, Fly)

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 3 Aug 2010, 12:20
    it was year 1988 and the album Keeper Of The Seven Keys, part II

• shofman said...
    • User
    • 4 Aug 2010, 19:51
    Probably Dragonforce's Inhuman Rampage, though I didn't know it was power metal at the time. The album that got me into power metal was Stratovarius' Polaris, I think.

• Hi,
    Nightwish, once.
    But I always try to find new symphonic bands.
    Recently I´ve found a new band and it likes me so much.
    His name is Ancestral Sign

• Sonata Arctica - Ecliptica
    Rhapsody - Legendary Tales
    Blind Guardian - Nightfall in Middle Earth
    Hammerfall - Glory to the Brave

• TRIUMPH OR AGONY FROM RHAPSODY

• I got into power metal a few years ago. At the time, like most Americans, I had no idea what power metal even was. I made a comment to my metal head friend that I could get more into metal if the vocals were more melodic. He suggested I listen to Dragonforce and Nightwish, and so I listened to Dragonforce's Inhuman Rampage and Nightwish's Once. That experience really opened me up to a whole new musical world...a world that I am still exploring and finding awesome new music in to this day.

• Edguy's Theater of Salvation was the first power metal album I heard and got me into the genre. After that started listening to different types, folk influenced (Falconer), Symphonic (Rhapsody) and so on.

• dtbt said...
    • User
    • 17 Nov 2010, 16:45
    Sonata Arctica's Winterheart's Guild was the album to get me into power metal.
    The Cage was the first power metal song i listening to :D and I'm really thankful about that cuz I wouldn't discovered Kamelot if don't SA took a place in my heart :)

• freedom call - stairway to fairyland or Sonata Arctica's Ecliptica cant remember which as I got both pretty much at the same time

Never, NEVER have a food fight with an octopus. Custard pie eight-shooter with deadly accuracy
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.