Preview of Pocket Scrobbler v1.9 now available

• Re: very interested in testing

hecatombermc said:
    The cab would not install for me. HTC Fuze cooked ROM.

Do you get an error message? Is the .NET Compact Framework part of your cooked ROM?

• continued

Please disregard previous post, I re-downloaded the cab and it installed fine.

• Is it possible to add support for S2P Music Plazer, too?

• Andi0702 said:
    Is it possible to add support for S2P Music Plazer, too?

We had this topic before; as long as S2P doesn't provide track data to other applications (which is very simple), this won't work.

• G-Alarm 2.5 problem!

Hey !

When i use v1.9 and when alarm start - Pocket Scrobbler start with him (I use a "Lunch on new track play")

• Exception while trying to run at a hebrew globalization

ArgumentOutOfRangeException
    At System.DateTime.ToShortTimeString()

can anybody help?

• carrier issues

I left this message a while back..."I paid for a subscription to try streaming radio over 3g on Windows Mobile. I have dual boot Android. The thing is Last.FM streams fine when using the same phone on android. but on windows mobile it will buffer about 10 seconds of song, then start buffering again but the song doesnt start playing again. Works fine on wifi however." I know others have had that same issue. Well I recently gave up on ATTs network, because I could never get any indoor reception, well I got the tmobile hd2 renewed my lastFM subscription and crossed my fingers. It was worth it last FM works on my new carrier. I thought it was the app, but this sort of thing occured with other streaming apps, so now I know it was ATT's network.

• Managed to download and install on a Palm Treo on WM6 in the UK on Vodafone.

Can i give some feedback on us of this on the move? I use it in my car to stream and it's led to some ideas about coping with buffering> The things I'd like to see are:

1. Suppression of the confirmation beep when you Love a track - bloomin' loud through a car stereo with the Aux ramped up for the phone's output!

2. Immediate skip when you ban a track - once banned I sure as hell don't want to listen to anymore fo the track, I'd rather it skipped automatically at that point.

3. Better forward buffering of songs - Would it be possible to buffer the next track as the last one finishes (of course it might do it already)? Could we have better visibility of the state iof the buffering, like you get on a youtube video prorgess bar? sometimes the buffering is so slow when the connection's poor that you wait and wait and don't realise that no progress is actually being made.

4. Ability to pause whilst playing back, or whilst buffering so that you can choose when to resume playback and not get deafened by a short burst of music before buffering resumes. I'd love a fade in and fade out when the buffer gets near empty or resumes after a gap to soften the blow!

5. On the Radio tab, big buttons to hit for Love and Ban and Skip for times when you just want to stab at your phone while driving and not use the menus.

6. Lifewise on the recent tracks list, buttons to hit for love, un-love, or un-ban which is typically why I visit the recent list on the website, for when I've missed Lovign a track, or made a mistake.

The coverage of data networks in the UK means that this app is only just viable in a car so any improvements over the info you can display relating to signal strength, current bandwidth, or amount of time left in the buffer before the stream will have to go to buffering would be massively valuable to mobile users. When stationary the app works great and I'm very impressed and grateful for your effort to get this going.

Let me know if there's any specifics you want me to test on this beta version, happy to contribute.

Andy

• andysmee said:
    Managed to download and install on a Palm Treo on WM6 in the UK on Vodafone.

Can i give some feedback on us of this on the move? I use it in my car to stream and it's led to some ideas about coping with buffering> The things I'd like to see are:

Thanks for all of your feedback! I'm very sorry for not spending more time on this recently, but unfortunately I'm currently very busy with my "real life work".

The roadmap looks like this: I hope to get a stable v1.9 out this summer. In autumn/winter, a completely rewritten version for Windows Phone 7 should be available, though I'm not sure how it will get public in case MS charges a fee for its app store.

Thanks again for all your support, it's good to know that the application is still considered useful.

• Can't submit tags

I've now found a problem wtih this release. I can't submit tags. When I hit Submit Now it navigates to the status tab and says "connecting to last.fm server..." but the tags don't appear to go anywhere. and they've not updated my profile if I go online on my PC.

The other thing I'd ask is that you can set the online/offline mode in the settings as I always use it online

• still paying for subscribe and using the heck out of this app

love pocket scrobbler but now it needs and update to remove loved tracks station and replace with mix radio station

p.s. thank you so much for doing this i cant tell you how much i enjoy it and recomend last.fm just because i use pocket scrobbler

• Fixed love

For some time I cannot send your favorite tracks. The server either not responding or displays an error message (not enrolled).

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.