Why has the Multi-Tag search been shut down?

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 10 May 2010, 22:01
    I have always found it weird why you could only search one tag at a time.

• Thats great! I hope it comes back very soon!

• I'm looking for some 70s Japanese funk for a friend, and I could really use this feature right now. =(

• If you need bands playing a certain genre in a certain country and decade, you can always use rateyourmusic's charts. But Last.fm's tags were far more flexible.

• Will it be possible to use the Multi-Tag Search in the Last.fm-Tool?

• Sorry for the wait guys, but it's finally back now:

http://playground.last.fm/multitag

It should even work a bit better than before.

• Awesome
    Thanks for bringing it back.

• Great! thank you.

I wish i could browse my library or the global music page like that:

http://delicious.com/tag/

And is it possible to do the same arcane weighting magic between artist, album and track tags like it's done on the global tag pages?

Klaas, i read your PhD thesis (at least, the human readable parts of it ;) I think, along with the new radio playlist generation that's in the works, the user interface part should be brought to its full glory too. At the moment, it looks like handled as two seperate things.

Anyway, thanks for bringing this back to the playground.

• Thank you so much!
    This is so awesome, it increases the handyness of last.fm so much.

Thanks! (:

• *pounce*

Thank yoooooou. <333

• Edited by monoversal on 11 Sep 2012, 06:36
  • For anyone still searching, I found a way to effectively use Google to find more refined results.

http://www.last.fm/forum/5/_/647229

• norz said...
    • User
    • 30 Oct 2010, 16:48
    <deleted>

• kjg_ said...
    • User
    • 8 Jul 2012, 08:13
    Is it dead again?

• It's definitely down again. Bring it back!

• Jeez, why now? I really don't see why this should be considered for removal at all. It's such an obvious functionality, I'd expect it to be the core of the search engine.

• misote said...
    • Subscriber
    • 17 Aug 2012, 13:38
    I hope it will be back available soon.

• Necromm said...
    • User
    • 31 Aug 2012, 23:12
    this service is a must for people looking for a specific rare music! I will wait for the return

on the last week:
  • Wow...

So, after all this discussion, we've come back to not having it. Okay. So, like, user receptivity is... where... here?

And is it difficult? If your artist radio can do it, doesn't that necessarily imply that the tags are already indexed for multi-tag functionality anyway? Wouldn't it be as simple as making a visual rep. of your database with context links?

Answers would be good... thanks in advance!

I am a 60s, 70s, and 80s Hard Rock and Heavy Metalhead, with a real thing for industrial. I do things on the internet.
    • snyde1 said...
    • Subscriber
    • 14 Apr 2013, 02:59
    Edit: sorry mis-posted.

Improve your view of Last.fm - add some User Scripts.
    Did I hear that right? Mondegreens - for the misheard word. Like Odds? Can't get better than Even Odds!

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
  • Please bring back multi tag search!

• So you brought it back, only to kill it again. Cruel.

Another case where it would be useful to me: "". Many artists and I have to click them all to find out if the type of music is folk, rock or electronic.

Please bring back multi tag search!

• Goblim said...
    • User
    • 16 Jun 2013, 09:33

Please add Multi-Tag

Please add the multi-tag feature again.

<3
    • hawk1984 said...
    • Subscriber
    • 26 Jun 2013, 15:55
    Please bring back multi-tag search.

• Would be cool to have multi-(related)artist-search besides this.. But at least one variant would be great already ;)

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.