Elliott Smith
    Gorillaz
    The Shins
    Bright Eyes
    The Postal Service
    Weezer
    Death Cab for Cutie
    The Killers

there were more, but I deleted them by mistake and didn't want to start over. Being lazy is indie.

• OMG!!!11 YOU GO AGAINST EVERYTHING PITCHFORK STANDS FOR!!!one!

HOW CAN YOU HAVE AN OPINION THAT DIFFERS FROM THE INTERNET MUSIC BIBLE???///////??/???

I am a Haligonian. Well...not really.

[url=http://www.denness.net/rpi/username/chipmunkwarrior nofollow=yes]http://www.denness.net/rpi/username/chipmunkwarrior[/url]
  • More Pizzicato Five, Less Dashboard Confessional

• Basically all of those bands I can deal with you dissing, but putting Elliott Smith on the top of that list reveals you as a moron with all half-baked reactionary opinions.

And it should be: More Deerhoof, less Hawthorne Heights.

• Elliott Smith is just Conor Oberst with pop marks and you know it.

• I'm sure Elliott Smith had a lot more to feel bummed about than Conor, plus he got more intensity out of less histrionics. Brilliantly sharp lyrics, funny and smart, not just incisive and personal. So no, I don't think you can really compare them in that respect. Elliott was more punk than Conor Oberst will ever be.

I got no beef with Bright Eyes, though.

• taniwha said...
    • User
    • 11 Aug 2005, 10:52

where...

Where can i find this internet music bible?

• Yeah.

I don't see what is wrong with Elliott Smith, really.

nice marmot
  • elliott smith > conor oberst,
    and you know that's a fact, mr. damnrealb

• tits

i'm the man who loves you
    • ebang said...
    • User
    • 11 Dec 2005, 23:03

Yeah, no.

Elliott Smith - singer/songwriter genius
    Gorillaz - Damon Albarn's pop genius
    The Shins - would have been as genius in the 60s as they are now, and have two independently great albums
    The Postal Service - popularized blip loop, so you can thank them for hearing about other blip loop people
    Death Cab for Cutie - genius songwriting
    The Killers - not genius

You don't gotta like em, damnrealb, but you are wrong on many counts man.

• Elliot Smith- dead. no good. but good. like, he's good, but dead. too bad he's dead, i mean. i mean fuck you all
    Gorillaz- fake people. animated. good. catchy.
    The Shins- brilliant. named after body part.
    The Postal Service- blip bip bip bip sad sad catchy sugar sugar
    Death Cab for Cutie-sad sad annoying sugar sugar
    The Killers- kill the bitch. I mean the Killers
    Weezer- tits. how bout that "Suzanne"? I like that. I knew a girl called that once
    Bright Eyes- kill the bitch

DAMN, REAL B!

i'm the man who loves you
  • Let me put this in list format cus I know you yuppies can't understand anything els seeing as you can't follow a stream of thought

1. Fuck you yah yuppie
    2. Eliot smith is god and I will never stop listening to him
    3. The postal service is the best music to fuck to ever so I'm not going to stop listening to that either
    4. The killers suck
    5. Say it ant so by weezer is the best song to smoke a cigaret to so I'm still listing to that.
    6. Bright eyes is still good if you would go listen to his new albums you would know that but apparently you haven't cus your a dam yuppie
    7. The shins are getin old but not so much that you should stop listening to them.

• lbf said...
    • User
    • 15 Dec 2005, 16:36
    Wow, since when do idiots who can't spell or punctuate care about Pitchfork?

I'm so adjective, I verb nouns.
    What demon possessed me that I behaved so well? - H.D. Thoreau, Walden
  • ^^

nice marmot
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 6 Feb 2006, 21:17

ok...wtf

all those bands are awesome except for the killers, who i think we all agree suck.

UGH

• Nah, Weezer has been bad for a long, long time and Postal Service was a huge, boring letdown after the brilliant Dream of Evan & Chan. I can't stand Death Cab, but the one Bright Eyes record I've heard, I'm Wide Awake and it's Morning, is actually a real solid album.

Why don't you just shit through it?
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 17 Mar 2006, 11:44

well....

Elliott had two great albums, and The Shins/The Postal Service are two of the best pop acts out there. Bright Eyes also had a strong release last year (NOT the electronic one).

But yeah, the rest are overrated. But still better than this thread.

• You are an asshole for posting this thread. I only enjoy two of the artists on your little list but still... does attacking other peoples taste help you sleep at night?

• This thread makes me want to cry a bit.

and don't be terse and don't be shy
    just hug my lips and say good lies
  • News at Ten: People have different taste in music, world implodes

• elmnick said...
    • User
    • 9 Jul 2006, 17:32
    All of the following suck and you should stop listening to them:

Elliott Smith
    Gorillaz
    The Shins
    Bright Eyes
    The Postal Service
    Weezer
    Death Cab for Cutie
    The Killers

ah yes what a great argument, persuading people not to copy pitchfork's taste by telling people not to listen to stuff regardless of musical quality if pitchfork says they are good, I didn't discover Gorillaz through Pitchfork but I like them, is that OK with you Mr damnrealb

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 10 Jul 2006, 05:49

Re: Dear Forkies,

Quoth damnrealb:
    Elliott Smith

I listen to all the bands in your top 50 and I'd have to say hes better than 90% of them.

• ebang said:
    Elliott Smith - singer/songwriter genius
    Gorillaz - Damon Albarn's pop genius
    The Shins - would have been as genius in the 60s as they are now, and have two independently great albums
    The Postal Service - popularized blip loop, so you can thank them for hearing about other blip loop people
    Death Cab for Cutie - genius songwriting
    The Killers - not genius

You don't gotta like em, damnrealb, but you are wrong on many counts man.

that's right on, but nearly as well said or intelligent (or as correct!) as the person who posted immediately after you.

• said:
    Quoth damnrealb:
    Elliott Smith

I listen to all the bands in your top 50 and I'd have to say hes better than 90% of them.

Well, since it's a given that Elliot Smith sucks, then I guess you're saying that you listen to 45 other artists that really suck, which makes me wonder why you think you have all this time to waste on things you don't enjoy. Life's short man. It's time you got out there and made something of yourself.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.