First Time You Ever Heard Floyd

• When I was like 6 or 7 I found a Pink Floyd Best of CD in my dad's CDs and I just fell in love with the 7th track from the 2nd CD, which was Another Brick In The Wall..

• First time i've heard their music must have been about 1987/88. My parents had nice collection of vinyl records then, and played "Delicate sound of thunder". I was astonished and amazed by "Dogs"... still am :). That how it began.

Non-existing entity...
  • Well, first time I've heard 'em I was in my father's car bored, then I started searching for some old cd's there...So I found the cd "A Collection Of Great Dance Songs" , and that's how it started...

• That first time I can't remember... I guess was something from The Wall or something... the first album I heard was 'Pulse' (and clearly remeber how I loved Hey You)... but still PF was about some casual listening, no big deal. What I clearly remember is what made me a fan: Live At Pompeii... that was a mystical night, stoned and drinking wine by myself... the morning after, I watched it over and over about three or four times

Time is lying in the sunshine....
  • I have heard floyd ever since I was 6-7but I started paying attention to it when I went downstairs to see my dad when I was 9-10. He was listening to the wall and I found it catchy so I listened to it in my room. when I was 12 I discovered wywh and dsotm and expanded on that.

• when i was 11!!!! that means 10 years ago....

• 2 weeks ago when I downloaded DSOTM.

• Edited by backin-black on 19 May 2012, 19:18
  • I don't remember when I listen to floyd for the first time O.o
    when I was very very young, my father talked me about his favourite guitarist... he said that "he could make his guitar talk"... so I thought he REALLY could make his guitar talk xD my father said he was David Gilmour, and I've never forgotten him because of this bizarre thing... I remember that my parents made me listen to Wish you were here, one day when we were travelling by car... but I really don't remember what I've thought about them O.o
    then, my father let me see "the Wall" when I was 12, and I immediately fell in love with this!

• HEDZ3 said...
    • User
    • 17 Aug 2011, 17:49
    2 years ago, when I was in the car with a friend of mine, and he put DSOTM.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 12 Nov 2011, 17:07
    That was my 7th birthday. Parents bought me a cassette Walkman... To try it I put the first cassette I've found at home. That was "Wish You Were Here" album and I think, the song was "Shine on You Crazy Diamond". Sadly I don't remember which part it was. But I remember that I was listening that album all day long... :-)

• I was 14. My cousin inserted The Wall into cassette player. I remember that I thought it was overrated. 14-year-old me, what an idiot.

• When I was 5 years old, or younger. First (and favorite) Floyd song I remember listening to, was Time. I've been listening to this band all my life. LOVE THEM. Period.

Kniggits everywhere.
    • guto013 said...
    • User
    • 23 Nov 2011, 02:13
    When I was 8 or 9, and I listened to Another Brick in the Wall part 2 with my dad.

• I listened Another Brick in the Wall, pt. 2 on the radio when I was young, and some years later, I downloaded The Wall, influenced by my dad. At first, I needed some time to get used to that new sound, but then I loved it and started listening all the songs and became an greaaat fan of Pink Floyd.

• 1st time was November 1979, when the album The Wall released!

• I used to keep my radio by my bed. I was woken up, one stormy november night in 1982, by "Mudmen" off Obscured By Clouds. It freaked the f**k out of me. I love that instrumental though I never kept my radio by my bed again.

Edited by username382 on 1 Apr 2012, 00:35
    • efekok said...
    • User
    • 19 Feb 2012, 20:16
    3 or 4 years ago a friend of mine recommended me Comfortably Numb. When i listened it, my whole world changed, Pink Floyd became a part of me.

• i was 12 years old when i was listening some cd's of my dad in the living room, then i put one called ''10 romantic songs of the 80's'' (it was not an official album it was a recoplilation of songs lol) the first song was another brick in the wall, (the second was dust in the wind haha) when i heard i absolutly know that i gonna love thiose guys, i spend around 3 years only listening this song of pink floyd, then i was watching tv and i star to watch ''the wall' OMFG i cry all the night and the next day i start to dawnload ALL the albums from them, i still heard them every single day, and i dont know how they make me feel this way, i'll love PF until the day i die, respect and love, FLOYD RULES!

• Breno42 said...
    • User
    • 25 Mar 2012, 04:53
    I do not remember, but ... after meeting, I can't live without Pink Floyd!

• nikolaos1962 said:
    1st time was November 1979, when the album The Wall released!

same here :)

• nutriii said...
    • User
    • 28 Apr 2012, 17:39
    I was very tiny then, I don't remember..

Don't you think we should all THANK OUR PARENTS who invited us into the world of true music masterpieces of Pink Floyd?

• [spam]

[spam]

Edited by hjbardenhagen on 6 Jan 2013, 17:13
  • When I was 14 years old. Another Brick In The Wall.

• Wi-al said...
    • User
    • 19 Jun 2012, 06:55
    trivially, Another Brick In The Wall Part 2

If you are not a contemporary of the group and started listening to music with progressive rock, then hard to start with something else. The song still is unwound.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.