• Band you should like but you don't

Like the title says, post groups/artists you _should_ like based on your taste and similar artists, but for some reason you just don't. If you feel like it, you can try and analyze the possible reasons.

I know people will kill me for this, but in my case Radiohead just hasn't really gotten into me. I really can't say why. I will keep trying though :)

• When I saw this thread, the band I immediately thought of was Radiohead.

So yeah, not going to kill you, in fact I agree with you, except that I've stopped trying. ;-)

• Radiohead isn't everyone's cup of tea, certainly. Most of us are willing to forgive you for your inexplicable lapse in good taste. Even one of my brothers (curse him) fails to enjoy so much as the essential Paranoid Android.

• I find a lot of Radiohead stuff quite dull. Anyway for me it's probably 65daysofstatic.

Weekly Top 3
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 5 Mar 2008, 17:29
    yeah i agree.. radiohead.. doesnt do it for me either..

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 5 Mar 2008, 18:32
    the melvins

• guada said...
    • User
    • 6 Mar 2008, 13:18
    for me it's U2. I know they are GOOD, but I just can't feel them.

• gia181 said...
    • User
    • 6 Mar 2008, 21:45

[spam]

[spam]

in requiem.
    è come in un fiume, lo vedi o no?
    Edited by hjbardenhagen on 3 Aug 2011, 18:23
    • itc433 said...
    • User
    • 7 Mar 2008, 01:19
    Almost anything that shows up in CMJ's college radio charts. I'm in a music group where we listen to a new album every month based on what's in the number five slot on the charts and WOW what a disappointment it's been. We've been doing this for over a year now and I can count maybe two albums that were enjoyable. I still prefer finding my own thing... not the masses' thing.

• Radiohead is work in progress.

I <3 the lyrics, it's just his voice that sometimes drives me up the wall.

Melancholy worked well for, for instance, Pink Floyd.
    Thom Yorke? No.

It has been reported that Tanuki fell from the sky using his scrotum as a parachute.
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 8 Mar 2008, 18:58
    Animal Collective

• asq1974 said...
    • User
    • 9 Mar 2008, 19:45
    there really are alot of bands i should like but for some reason i don't. When i say i don't like a band it doesn't mean i can't tolerate them or i may actually like some songs, just not everything they have done.

Bands such as U2 Radiohead Coldplay Oasis ect are ok (along with many others) they all have some great songs but they just lack some serious oooommmfffff in my headspace

• radiohead
    the maccabees

arrogant bitch
  • Moby. I don't know why, but his stuff just can't keep me interested.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 19 Mar 2008, 14:52
    Bjork

• sutashi said...
    • User
    • 20 Mar 2008, 15:18
    Modest Mouse--I like maybe ONE of their songs
    Pink Floyd--People tell me they are a Classic Rock requirement but I just can't dig it

• The Beatles.

/ducks

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 22 Mar 2008, 18:08
    gnawbird said:
    Moby. I don't know why, but his stuff just can't keep me interested.

mmm.
    and pink floyd for me too.

• Animal collective, Of Montreal. They both just sound like they're trying a little too hard.

• elreak said...
    • User
    • 25 Mar 2008, 02:00
    The White Stripes. I should since I love a lot of old garage rock and early blues, but I just can't. I don't think they're terrible by any means, but it just doesn't do a thing for me.

• tool and apc - I like Mayanard's (sp? I'll just call him mayonnaise from now on. ) voice but I think the music and lyrics are so boring. I just never could get into them.

and I like anarcho punk but I cannot get into a single female punk band, i think it sounds like dying cats.

• Keli911 said...
    • User
    • 25 Mar 2008, 17:44
    Kings of Leon. Just don't like them.

!"#$%&/()=Ö_Pointlessness_Ö=)(/&%$#"!
  • It depends on the genre of the moment. For jam stuff, Trey Anastasio's solo work. For metal, Cradle of Filth. For like electronic/ambient stuff, Ms. John Soda doesn't impress me. I dont like Circa Survive at all. Hmm... I can't think of what else at the moment.

• Sufjan Stevens, Interpol, and Sonic Youth

• Another one for me is Boards of Canada. I once was on the verge of buying one of their albums, but I was glad I listened to them before buying. It seemed a bit too soft and smooth.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.