Woodstock 2009?

• Woodstock 2009?

Anyone knows for sure whether there will be 40th anniversary of this incredible music festival? I hope so. And I really hope it's not going to be all about profiting from this event. Let's hear your say...will you be going? who do you want to see?

• Maybe (I'm currently in asia).
    Death Cab for Cutie, Fall Out Boy, Weezer, The Killers, Pearl Jam, Jimmy Eat World..much more ;)

• juneauu said...
    • User
    • 17 Feb 2009, 22:08

if i have a chance...

i prefer devendra banhart, fleet foxes, six organs of admittance, animal collective, vashti bunyan, beirut, bon iver...

all i can do is be me, whoever that is!
  • Most of the groups that were in WS'69 are disbanded or too old to make a live play on a stage. And even if they did, they can't make such atmosphere and mood as it was in '69 , because people have changed. So no another Woodstock '69 is going to happen. As mr. Dylan said: " Times, they are a-changin` ".

• Chief Woodstock promoter Michael Lang is planning two free Woodstock concerts in Berlin, Germany and in New York in celebration of the 40th anniversary of the original 1969 festival. According to the press release, the New York show still doesn’t have a venue, but will take place on the actual 40th anniversary of August 15th and 16th. The Berlin show will take place at the now-closed Tempelhof Airport on August 22nd and August 23rd.

Lang and his partners are hoping to snag some of the original participants that performed at Yasgur’s Farm back in ‘69, including Santana, the Who, Joan Baez, Joe Cocker, Grateful Dead, Country Joe and the Fish, as well as current top acts.

http://www.lastfm.pl/event/880441

• Rage Against The Fuckin' Machine, I Know They Played In '99 And Caused Chaos But They Want Peace Nontheless, Anoushka Shaknar, Santana, Asian Dub Foundation, Chemical Brothers, Muse, Ziggy Marley, Beck, CSS, The Shortwave Set, Black Eyed Peas, Bob Dylan, Blue Man Group, QOTSA, Echo And The Bunnymen, Fisk Industries, Goa Gil, Gorillaz, Hawkwind, NIN, Innerpartysystem, Janes Addiction, Satellite Party, King Blues, Kyuss, Mars Volta, MGMT, Newton Faulkner, Nightwatchman, Grateful Dead, One Day As A Lion, Primus, Public Enemy, RHCP, Rolo Tomassi, SOAD, Weezer, Zero 7, And Yawning Man..............*phew*

• i am sure if there is one it will be shit like all the others since 69

This is me in video form ____ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLaf7AcMCB0 ____
  • [spam]

[spam]

flag counter since 1jan 2012

-----

---

I wasn't born to follow

ooden Shijps, Psychi Ills, Magic Lantern, Sun Araw
    Edited by hjbardenhagen on 29 Jul 2011, 17:02

• sane so far.
    Edited by carmellie on 13 Jul 2013, 08:49
  • Well that's just me. Who you two like to see then??

• You can make as much Woodstocks as you want. But it'll be just a Woodstock, not the Woodstock. The Woodstock had its spirit. As you know, it was inspired by the war of Vietnam and hippie movement. And what's going to inspire it today? Global warming? Economical crisis? Haven't heard a song about these yet. Did you?

• grr

• Veinless şöyle demiş:
    You can make as much Woodstocks as you want. But it'll be just a Woodstock, not the Woodstock. The Woodstock had its spirit. As you know, it was inspired by the war of Vietnam and hippie movement. And what's going to inspire it today? Global warming? Economical crisis? Haven't heard a song about these yet. Did you?

check Korpiklaani's "Gods on Fire" for a song written about global warming.

However, you're unfortunately right about the "a" Woodstock... Not "the", certainly.. Nevertheless, if conditions permit, and I happen to wish that moment, I'll try to "be" there - just for the sake of being, and listening the ones that were also present in '69. Maybe I'll see some real hippie there, still carrying tokens from the days of old ;)

• yorkey said...
    • User
    • 18 Jul 2009, 10:39
    Veinless said:
    You can make as much Woodstocks as you want. But it'll be just a Woodstock, not the Woodstock. The Woodstock had its spirit. As you know, it was inspired by the war of Vietnam and hippie movement. And what's going to inspire it today? Global warming? Economical crisis? Haven't heard a song about these yet. Did you?

I agree. I wouldn't pay a cent to go watch Death Cab For Cutie. You need the likes of Hendrix, Santana, Dylan, The Who, Stones, Joplin, The Band but since that ain't possible then just leave it, don't go crap over something as historic as Woodstock.

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Top Weekly Albums
  • woodstock show on the date of woodstock at the site of the 69 show

Saturday, August 15, 2009
    Bethel Woods Music Festival starring
    Heroes of Woodstock
    Levon Helm Band, Jefferson Starship, Ten Years After, Canned Heat, Big Brother and the Holding Company, Mountain, Tom Constanten and Country Joe McDonald

Pavilion Stage
    5:00pm Show Time
    3:00pm Doors, 2:00pm Parking

$69.00, $40.00 Reserved; $19.69 Lawn

The Star Spangled Banner will be performed by guitarist Conrad Oberg.

All dates, acts, times and ticket prices subject to change without notice. A service charge applies to each ticket price. Add $5 to all ticket prices day-of-show.

Every ticket purchaser shall be given the free soundboard download of the performance* from August 15, 2009. The download will be available for 72 hours after the concert at the Heroes of Woodstock website with a code and valid email address. "Woodstock was not only iconic for the music," points out tour co-producer and Jefferson Starship manager Michael Gaiman, "but also for the fact that so many fans got in for free and that such an instantly large population co-existed peacefully. It is in this spirit that we are adding the free download perk, something no one has ever done before on this scale ."

* Download does not include Levon Helm Band or Mountain.

Along with the live musical performances of the day Bethel Woods is pleased to announce we will be presenting a large fine craft exhibition featuring over 50 craft artists, artists demonstrations, henna body painting art, kid’s art projects and more.

More Information about becoming a vendor
    Application to become a vendor

www.theheroesofwoodstock.com/download_center.htmlMembers get priority access to tickets. Not a Member yet? Find out how to join today!

Print this Page

• it can happen if you show love not hate.

we need a show that will bring the world together. stop all the bullshit going on .we need to get back free love. peace for all.no wars no gang wars. we need a group of people to step up and make a change. i can see it happing. we now have a lot of changes from the white houes. to your houes.look around you stop think what is realy going on here. and look back to 69. and it can happen agin if you want it to just look up 2012 and think about what you need to do. love or hate your choice i say love and peace

• the bands that should play a new woodstock

are bands that have a lot of hits that can do big show with out have all the shit that happen at 99. and you need a place where you can feel the open love that is part of woodstock. you can not do woodstock 69 over it will never happen but you do a woodstock show for 2009. thech love peace how to care for the world take care of the things going on in todays world. look at the live earth show. we need to get people to think about what is going on. the beatles toal the world all you need is love. it is true love makes hate go away. with out no will be killed there will be no war people in neeed will be helped no one ever die becuse you do not worship the same god.we have other place in the world make nukes when there is a big no nukes show it worked befor can any of you name some big show that changed the world i can was at most of them.and will post them tomorrow but just want to see you can name then. and yes there can be new woodstock 09 woodstock stands for peace & love and we all need that . and the bands that would best show is the ones that need to there. here is a few i think should be there
    Bruse Springsteen, u2,kiss,the who, the stones,ac/dc, vanhelen. zz top,pink floyd,elp, and any band fron the 69 show that wants to there and a lot of 94 bands
    it should be a 3 day show there should be a fee to get in of like $69 bucks there should be free water and there should some low price foods and there should some free foods there big co. that give away samples in store this would the best way to give way samples. get a lot of people to try new foods. and the people runnig the show can all the money they need to make it happen off of ppv all over the world for the people who can not get to the show. in 94 they most there money off the ppv. and the 69 show the money off the movie lps that was sold so it can happen and needs to happen but in the rite way not like 99 where the only thing the people putting on the show had on there mind was money aqnd how much they could make. look that what it cost to see a band today there is no place for greed and the bands need to stop the greed only they can. the govrment needs to steep in and stop people from selling tickets at high prices and change it to the way it was years ago you get the ticket from the place you are going to see the show only. and that you can only get the anount of ticket you need for the show.limit the tickets to 2 per id you have to get them so if you got 3 kids and hubby and wify is going you show your id and you get two adult tickets and than you buy up two four kids ticket if is the type of show kids can go to. hope evey one that read this will help to make it happen

• Re: it can happen if you show love not hate.

bob_and_dazzle said:
    we need a show that will bring the world together. stop all the bullshit going on .we need to get back free love. peace for all.no wars no gang wars. we need a group of people to step up and make a change. i can see it happing. we now have a lot of changes from the white houes. to your houes.look around you stop think what is realy going on here. and look back to 69. and it can happen agin if you want it to just look up 2012 and think about what you need to do. love or hate your choice i say love and peace

Exactly.. we need love. If I were to perform, I'd do it for free! XD

• Alfons Woodstock.

Bylalibypomalátomámrád, bylalibylidovátobychzvlád
  • pleasure is all mine

guruofmusic escribió:
    Rage Against The Fuckin' Machine, I Know They Played In '99 And Caused Chaos But They Want Peace Nontheless, Anoushka Shaknar, Santana, Asian Dub Foundation, Chemical Brothers, Muse, Ziggy Marley, Beck, CSS, The Shortwave Set, Black Eyed Peas, Bob Dylan, Blue Man Group, QOTSA, Echo And The Bunnymen, Fisk Industries, Goa Gil, Gorillaz, Hawkwind, NIN, Innerpartysystem, Janes Addiction, Satellite Party, King Blues, Kyuss, Mars Volta, MGMT, Newton Faulkner, Nightwatchman, Grateful Dead, One Day As A Lion, Primus, Public Enemy, RHCP, Rolo Tomassi, SOAD, Weezer, Zero 7, And Yawning Man..............*phew*

fuck yeaaaah woodstock is the glory

• [spam]

[spam]

...... earth's studio
    Edited by hjbardenhagen on 11 Dec 2010, 11:16
  • [spam]

[spam]

...... earth's studio
    Edited by hjbardenhagen on 11 Dec 2010, 11:16
    • Zoso-4 said...
    • User
    • 26 Apr 2011, 19:36

Woodstock happened in 1969 and will never happen again.

If we will ever have a festival like it again then people need to understand that it is in the past. It's spirit and its message however, resonates throughout time. Staging these anniversary festivals is not the way to keep that spirit alive. Woodstock was a symbol of youthful rebellion, so we betray it by living in the past. What we need is for some new bands to step up to the plate and to stage a new free festival. Of course this will never happen with the present state of music, and of the world in general.
    We need a new cause to rally around, just as the hippies of the 60s had Vietnam and the civil rights movement. I would say that the legalization of marijuana is the first step, as well as the withdrawal of Bristish and American forces from the middle-east. Neither of those things will stir passions in the way Vietnam did, but its a start. All it requires is a new young rock band to step up to the plate and to stir things up!

Because this is all a dream we dreamed
    One afternoon long ago.
  • Wood stock 2014!

There is one sad thing about woodstock... It will NEVER be as good as it was back in the 60s those days were the prime time of music, and I envy anyone that was alive durring that time. I would not want anyone from music now days there but maybe Red Hot Chilli Peppers. A Pink Floyd Reunion concert. Other than that bands now days don't deserve that honor.

Love<3
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.