The Unheard music

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 14 May 2007, 01:43

The Unheard music

Is everyone here aware of the track 'The unheard music' by Pavement & Elastica? (at least that's what I have it credited as,it could be pavement feat justine frischmann or elastica feat SM, who knows..)
    If not I suggest you find it. Now.
    I've had it for years, can't remember where I got it from but no one else I talk to knows anything about it, needless to say they are very thankful to me for introducing them to it!

If you can't find it let me know and we'll se what we can do.. :)

• The Unheard Music

So they did record something together! SM was living with, or at least hanging out with, Justine and Damon at a time shortly before Blur did "Beetlebum" and the "Blur" album; both of which absolutely reeked of Pavement.

I want to hear it! Please tell me how!

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 22 May 2007, 00:57
    Yeah, that was also shortly before Damon and Justine split up.. there were rumours that SM and Justine were having an affair. I was a massive blur and elastica fan at the time and that was my introduction to pavement! :)

If you want to hear it, just click here

• Tell you what, that was bleedin brill! Straight down the line splice of Pavement and Elastica! Great! Muchos muchos diolchs!

Affair you say? Well i can't blame either party! No offence to Damon, like.

Nice one.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 23 May 2007, 00:29
    Dim probs!
    :)

• MaPey said...
    • User
    • 23 May 2007, 01:15
    woow thank you, do you have more of these "unheard" tracks?

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 23 May 2007, 12:02
    No, unfortunately not, if there were any more recorded they probably would have been done around 1996 so wait and see what turns up on the extended edition of brighten the corners, if they ever release one!

~fingers crossed~

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 23 May 2007, 12:12
    I have however just managed to find out more about this track.

"The Unheard Music...
    Released around now[feb '97] is the soundtrack album to the movie subUrbia. On the album you'll be able to find Justine and Pavement's Steve Malkmus duetting on a cover of X's 'The Unheard Music'."

taken from Elastica news

I couldn't have been looking very hard before.

:)

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.