Down with the OLCC

• Down with the OLCC

Who here is under 21 and sick and tired of the Oregon Liquor Control Commission(OLCC) stealing all our awsome shows, and creating 21+ venues?

Because I am. most of the best shows in december are all at 21+ venues, and it is pissing me off.

• mojooo said...
    • User
    • 28 Nov 2006, 05:45
    Ooh...someone agrees with me! I'm so sick of reading about great shows at Berbati's or Doug Fir just to realize that I can't go, and wouldn't even be able to go for another four years.

• I was just down in California, and was leafing through a weekly, and I realized that 21+ venues practically don't exist there. Hopefully I'll end up going to college in California, or a state with similar liquor laws

• mojooo said...
    • User
    • 29 Nov 2006, 06:43
    I guess I should have looked more at colleges in California...a bit too late now, though. Hopefully the east coast is at least better than Oregon.

• the olcc making the venues 21+? no, that's the venues that do that. they do it by choosing to serve alcohol in a non-confined area of the venue. and frankly, the majority of the reason they put on shows is so that they can get more people in so that they can sell more alcohol and make more money.

I complained just as much when i was under 21, but now it's actually quite refreshing to have an audience that is a wee bit more mature.

Ry Bies
  • You guys will get over it... I did.

Its nice, I can actually hear the bands at the 21+ venues.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 25 Jan 2008, 01:02

• reget10 said...
    • User
    • 21 Apr 2009, 05:31
    ductapesuprhero said:

I complained just as much when i was under 21, but now it's actually quite refreshing to have an audience that is a wee bit more mature.

I agree 100%. I don't feel like an old lady at 21+ shows.

I have reached an age where, if someone tells me to wear socks, I don't have to.
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.