Who has seen Opeth live?

• I've seen them on Sziget Fesztivál (Hungary) in 2005.
    They were with Martin Axenrot, and that was a fucking awesome concert
    with a good setlist.
    Maybe that day is the best in my life.

• october 2009 in Roma,Progressive Nation Tour with Dream Theater,Unexpect and Bigelf.

Amazing!

• n5r15 said...
    • User
    • 22 Apr 2010, 07:01

I most definitely have...

I saw them in Pamona, CA with Enslaved opening for them. The performance was absolutely mind blowing... just incredible... flawless... And i was quite surprised to walk away from that show with the highlight of the night being their performance of Closure... the 5 minute jam session right before the arabian'ish jam had me dragging my jaw home that night. Oh and we got a bass solo and almost a vocal solo by demanding them at the top of our lungs... crowd was hilarious.

i mean... IT ROCKED, FOOL, NUF SAID.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 29 Apr 2010, 11:47
    Saw them april 1st @ Lichtburg Essen, one of their 20th anniverary shows. 3 hour set, Blackwater Park in its entirety... mindblowing.

• Cruinne said...
    • User
    • 30 Apr 2010, 22:51
    Saw them twice in Istanbul in 2006 and 2009, both were helluva performances, cannot wait for the third time! \m/

• I saw them April 9.
    They played Blackwater Park and one song from each other album.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 6 May 2010, 14:27
    They were here in last November (in Israel) and.. the lazy antisocial fucker i am, i didnt go.

ive been regretting it for months.

• diadara said...
    • User
    • 10 May 2010, 19:10
    Saw them twice within a week :) Only downside with that was the set-list, they didn't change it. And, I didn't get to hear my favourites (although I got many), but considering the length of their songs and the limited time on stage, it's what to be expected

• i saw them only one time in Warsaw, March 2009. they were amazing.

• I've seen them once and I definietly want to see them again ;) Magnificent performance... However, it was the Progressive Nation Tour with Dream Theatre as the headliner and believe me - they SWEPT even Opeth that night. Best gig of my life - first the great Opeth, and then godlike DT :]

• I saw them once last year in May at the Bijou Theatre in Knoxville, Tennessee. I have to say, seeing them live for the first time in a seated venue was a little awkward but in the least the venue was the shit (Opeth knows how to pick 'em!) because it was an old haunted theater! Incredible fucking show! I got to see one of the songs I had been hoping for "Night and the Silent Water." Seeing them live is twice as good as watching their live dvd's (Which is what truly got me into Opeth.) Once you see them live, it's over. You're sucked into their world and you aren't coming out! (: There is always "Story Time" with Mikael in between songs. They all have incredible stage presence! I am amazed to not see more people being carried out on stretchers like in Michael Jackson's "prime days" because to be there in the same room with them, making those incredible songs more real, raw, and being able to experience them. Fuck... I can't believe I've only been once.. I've watched the Lamentations dvd and Roundhouse Tapes so much I've fooled myself into thinking I've been more.. Definitely suggest seeing them not just once but in the least half a dozen times! (:

• GearsUnited said:
    I saw them April 9.

AAhhhh! You saw the anniversary show then?! Which state? I've heard the New York one was incredible! I'm so envious!

• ImposAnimi said:
    I've seen them once and I definietly want to see them again ;) Magnificent performance... However, it was the Progressive Nation Tour with Dream Theatre as the headliner and believe me - they SWEPT even Opeth that night. Best gig of my life - first the great Opeth, and then godlike DT :]

And that's funny! I would have loved to have seen that show as well although, I heard a lot of funny stories in regards to the show (on that tour) in Atlanta, I believe? My "Opeth-loving" friends, who were also excited to see Dream Theatre, couldn't help but notice what dicks the DT fans were. They were described as "strong nerds with ear buds in during Opeth" which is bullshit. Be excited for your Petrucci "mario brothers-esque" solos kids, but don't assume the band before them is shit. It's Opeth! Apparently, the DT fans were annoyed with those enjoying Opeth and formed a brick wall to prevent any of them from getting close to Dream Theatre. What the fuck? Glad you enjoyed the show though! And both Dream Theatre and Opeth!

• Sir_Barry ha detto:
    october 2009 in Roma,Progressive Nation Tour with Dream Theater,Unexpect and Bigelf.

Amazing!

I was there too.. I have no words to say how they were.. Simply perfect.

• once i missed the chance, but next i ll never miss

• I saw them on the Defenders of the Faith tour but it was a dual headline show with Arch Enemy so it was a cut down set :(

• StefaniPoe sa:
    GearsUnited said:
    I saw them April 9.

AAhhhh! You saw the anniversary show then?! Which state? I've heard the New York one was incredible! I'm so envious!

The show in Stockholm was so fucking awesome its indescribable. Bleak blew my face off, and The Moor was one of the highlights of my life.

I've been to, of course, the show at Circus@Stockholm 2009. Highlight of my life.

Prying open my third eye.
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 18 Jun 2010, 05:53
    I was going to buy tickets because they were playing in san francisco, but I had school that day :((((((((((((((((((( so I couldnt go. idk when they will come to northern california. again. But I am going to see them live first chance I get!

• Saw them at the House of Blues in Boston with Enslaved.
    Great show, closed with deliverance.
    Deliverance = Epic. Epic rhythm towards the end that NEVER ends was seriously awesome. Didn't want it to end :(

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 27 Jun 2010, 18:42

opeth

I am going to. Sooooooon

• I did. I saw em in NYC with Enslaved. Amazing show with an awesome setlist.

• 4 times! 4 glorious, amazing, perfect times!!

• [spam]

[spam]

Looga dis fawtoograff, everytime I do it makes me laff.
    Edited by hjbardenhagen on 8 Feb 2012, 21:19
  • Seen them 3 times so far, all of them have been incredible performances. I want more!

I eat green berets for breakfast.
  • I've seen them 7 times (lol) twice in Syndey, twice in the UK, once in France, once on the Mellowboat in Sweden/Finland and once in St Louis in the US. All shows were absolutely amazing, I've never heard them play an off note or make any mistakes, totally awesome :)

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.