opethy bands? anyone?

• ShaoZhi said...
    • User
    • 10 Jul 2007, 11:42

opethy bands? anyone?

anyone knows of bands that sounds like opeth? i m really interested to find more of these bands

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 10 Jul 2007, 13:27

there is no band like opeth

try Gordian knot and Porcupine tree(they aren't like opeth but they are good

• well bands that I love and have some similarity with Opeth are Novembre (awesome) and Agalloch
    I also recommend Arcturus, Callisto, Swallow the Sun, Isis and maudlin of the Well

• ShaoZhi said...
    • User
    • 13 Jul 2007, 05:34
    i tried novembre and agalloch they are gr8 lol.isis is good too not like opeth thou. arcturus is.......... weird =X

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 14 Jul 2007, 16:12
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 15 Jul 2007, 01:42
    Slipknot

• SteelAddict said:
    Slipknot

lol no offense but fuck off :P lol

• I've had a couple people tell me Disillusion is a better band than Opeth. I didn't believe them and now disagree with them but Back To Times of Splendor is still an album worth checking out.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 19 Jul 2007, 12:58
    Also you should listen to this album:
    The Adversary-Ihsahn

Edited by a deleted user on 2 Aug 2007, 02:34
    • Squce said...
    • User
    • 20 Jul 2007, 11:32
    Somebody told me that The Old Dead Tree, a french band, is like Opeth. I never listened to their music but you should check it out.

• orphaned land

well, im not sure how much they really are similar, but in the overall concept theyre pretty similar.
    if you try them, try Mabool first.
    have fun :D

long live Orphaned Land!

• A hint could be to check out the artis connections on Opeths site!?

My two obvious "Opeth-ish" bands would be Porcupine Tree (not any death metal but the progressive rock of Opeth is there!) and Katatonia (Why not listen to the Brave Murder Day album where Mikael actually sing!?).

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 23 Jul 2007, 14:45
    Check out Agalloch

• storm84 said...
    • User
    • 8 Aug 2007, 02:23
    W3rd on the people suggesting Agalloch. Along that line of Post Metal, be sure to check out Rosetta and Isis as well.

As for bands more along the lines of Prog Metal, Nevermore is one to definitely devote some time to. Mastodon are worth more than one listen, the Australian band Alchemist is very good as well. Really don't need to mention Dream Theater and Porcupine Tree. :P

Also check out Melodic Death Metal if you haven't done so as well. The Haunted's new album is great, Into Eternity is another band worth checking out too. Then there is always In Flames and Arch Enemy. Also some Dark Tranquillity has never gone astray.

• ShaoZhi said...
    • User
    • 11 Aug 2007, 18:09
    into eternity is really good lol harmonies on vocals and guitars, crazy drums and bass lol but not like opeth thou

• SlayerSYD said:
    well, im not sure how much they really are similar, but in the overall concept theyre pretty similar.
    if you try them, try Mabool first.
    have fun :D

long live Orphaned Land!

What he said.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 15 Aug 2007, 02:27
    Tiamat has some similarities with Opeth

• alcest

alcest's new release, "souvenirs d'un autre monde" is probably a genre-defining work of music - some kind of incredible fusion of post-metal and something entirely new. if you enjoy Damnation you absolutely have to pick this album up.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 19 Aug 2007, 21:47
    PlaytheShovels said:
    alcest's new release, "souvenirs d'un autre monde" is probably a genre-defining work of music - some kind of incredible fusion of post-metal and something entirely new. if you enjoy Damnation you absolutely have to pick this album up.

Alcest's music is like a dream...
    But i can't notice the similarities with Opeth.

• A great band that shares Opeth's musical genius and atmosphere is Subterranean Masquerade. Definitely worth it giving it a try.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 30 Aug 2007, 19:24
    Adanedhel said:
    A great band that shares Opeth's musical genius and atmosphere is Subterranean Masquerade. Definitely worth it giving it a try.

Agree 100%

Also Novembre are great too!

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 30 Aug 2007, 21:02
    Try Amorphis.

• Nmmm...

Asgaut...
    They also made cover for "Harvest"

Asgaut

ADIGA for EVER
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 15 Sep 2007, 09:17
    Katatonia is pretty similar to the Damnation sound.... but with lesser prog.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 29 Sep 2007, 09:10
    Parkered said:
    Try Amorphis.
    Amorphis are very good indeed

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.