Worst Metal Band

• Tho Manowars image is extremely overrated and they act kinda pompeus, the 80's stuff is incredebly good and underrated.

• But Manowar never sold out. Noone can blame them for that. They have always played the music they and their fans like, and have never obeyed any record company. So that's nothing but a lie.

• Dude Manowar was one of the bands i grew up with and listened to a lot when i was 14 but still... stuff like Warriors of the World and Gods of War is horrible. They did sell out. I mean, come on, the crappy ballad "Father", played in i don't know how many dozen languages... Incidentally the ones from where they get the most fans :D And that awful superiority, it's not just for the show, they really hate other heavy metal bands which are better and more successful.

This city is guilty
    The crime is life
    The sentence is death
    DARKNESS DESCENDS
  • Gods of War is a decent record. Warriors of the World I agree with, it's boring and without highlights, but Gods of War has at least 6 or 7 decent songs! But they still haven't sold out. Because they didn't gain any new fans or a wider specter with the "father" -stunt. They just gave all the old fans a treat!

• System of a Down, Suicide Silence, Marylin Manson, DragonForce...

Vittujen kevät ja kyrpien takatalvi!

Nothing sucks more than opinions.
  • But they did win a wider specter of fans. Lame people who probably don't even appreciate decent stuff like Battle Hymns and Hail to England but know the lyrics of Warriors of the World by heart and "headbang" to it (!!!) because it's played in every fucking metal or rock oriented pub around :D At least that's the case in Romania. The "anthem" kind of people.

This city is guilty
    The crime is life
    The sentence is death
    DARKNESS DESCENDS
  • Mysterious. Here in Norway most Manowar-fans appreciate the old stuff, from Battle Hymns and up to Triumph of Steel.

• shitty lirycs (probably the most stupid in metal music), shitty music, shitty voice,no attitude, no groove, no brutality, manowar sucks!

• Fail. Old Manowar = Good lyrics, great music, fenomenal voice (one of the best in metal history), a lot of groove, harshness and brutality! Old Manowar rules!

• where's the brutality in manowar? listen to some old death metal bands like warface and notice the differences between a band with groove and powerful riffs and a gay band like manowar. if manowar is a metal band then bob marley and the wailers were a BRUTAL DEATH METAL band

• Cannibal Corpse and Dragonforce

• GetchaPull_666 said:
    where's the brutality in manowar? listen to some old death metal bands like warface and notice the differences between a band with groove and powerful riffs and a gay band like manowar. if manowar is a metal band then bob marley and the wailers were a BRUTAL DEATH METAL band

Comments like that last one make you automatically and idiot. You also prove you have never heard the old stuff, because those riffs are powerful and groovy! And Manowar plays in the metal genre, wether you like it or not. It's all a matter of taste anyway!

Btw: "shitty lirycs (probably the most stupid in metal music), shitty music, shitty voice,no attitude, no groove, no brutality " is a pure description of ALL these bands:

Slipknot
    Rage against the machine (still, they are not considered metal by some)
    Bring me the horizon
    Heaven shall burn
    Demon Hunter
    Bullet for my valentine
    Atreyu
    As I lay dying
    Limp Bizkit
    Converge
    Hatebreed
    Mudvayne
    Coal Chamber
    Marilyn Manson (i don't know if he belongs here, actually he is more pop-rock?)
    The Devil Wears Prada
    Sonic Syndicate
    I Killed the Prom Queen
    Underoath
    Unexpect
    Anal Cunt
    Protest the hero
    Beneath the massacre
    Job For a cowboy
    Suicide Silence
    Silverstein
    Napalm Death
    Powersword
    Cannibal Corpse (after Chris Barnes left.)
    Whitechapel
    All shall perish
    The black dahlia murder
    Between the buried and me

• Have to disagree with Napalm Death. I like most of their stuff, the Mass Appeal Madness EP and the Utopia Banished album are quite good, straightforward death metal examples, with a certain appeal, at least to fans of the genre.
    Regarding Manowar, their point was never to be brutal lol, even when they were good they were on the more "epic" side of heavy metal. Not all metal has to be brutal, but it does have to convey a certain message, have the right attitude.

This city is guilty
    The crime is life
    The sentence is death
    DARKNESS DESCENDS
  • There's still a lot of raw brutality on the three first Manowar-records. Can't deny that fact!

• deathcore and nu metal bands have more brutality than manowar. cooome on i listen to the first album and i can't find groove and brutality. listen to lamb of god, pantera, slayer, hour of penance, asesino or gorerotted and listen what is brutality and groove (wich is not a matter of taste)

• Deathcore bands have no brutality at all. Theyare just whiny and sounds like little girls. Same with most Nu-metal bands. Manowar has a punch and pressure and kick in their music, at least their music from the early years, which is raw, powerful and groovy.

Lamb of God is Boring, Gorerotted sucks, but Pantera and Slayer are good bands!

• And if it's not a matter of taste, well then you're wrong anyways! There's no brutality in Lamb of God.

• WHAAAAT?nowadays lamb of god is the only metal band wich is worth to listen to.
    manowar: gay voice (no growl, no scream) and shitty lirycs, NO GROOVE AT ALL in their riffs, drum parts are boring
    lamb of god: crazy growl and good screams and really good lirycs wich talks about real problems, groovy riffs (pantera style), great drummer, good bassist (althought i can't always hear him)
    lamb of god are the sons of pantera

• I hope you're kidding.

Manowar's vocalist is a trained operatic singer who reaches 4 octaves with his HIGHLY powerful voice, and sings songs by Pavarotti and Andrea Botchelli better than they do. They have great musicians who are skilled and decent with their instruments and who the hell cares about the drumming as long as the music is great. And the riffs from the 80's are original and groovy.

Lamb of God's growls are decent, I can accept that, but they copy Pantera WAAAY too much. They actually sound like a clone.. Like, create something original goddammit. They are good musicians but have the lack of originality.

But bands who play deathcore are just pathetic. Seriously, that's a genre full of bad vocals, no punch, no kick, no groove, no talent and every single vocalist sounds like a little girl. That goes for 98 % of metalcore and newer hardcore too.

• ok this discussion is worthless, let's stop it. but i say for the last time that MANOWAR SUCKS. testament, slayer, anthrax, D.R.I, S.O.D., M.O.D., exhorder have the original thrash and groovy '80 sound

• "testament, slayer, anthrax, D.R.I, S.O.D., M.O.D., exhorder" ... They play a diffrent genre of metal as Manowar. Don't compare pears with apples. < First and only statement to this xD

And this thread is VERY openminded xD Everybody has bands wich he likes / dislikes, but I think, you can't say this is 'the worst'. It would be perfect in the Closeminded Metalheads-group, but not here.

Thanks for your attention, stay / get openminded ;-)

• There's a difference between openminded and naive/uncritical.

• i am openminded. i just think that manowar sucks beacause of their ridicoulus lirycs and music. that's all folks

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 19 Jun 2010, 19:36
    cipher66 ha scritto:
    (...) but I think, you can't say this is 'the worst'. It would be perfect in the Closeminded Metalheads-group, but not here.

Yes, there's always worst things to be discovered.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 19 Jun 2010, 21:49
    Korn and SOAD. Pure crap made by talentless people. Anyone who's listening to those and is older than 13 is obviously braindead.
    Apart from that, Sonata Arctica. Not as bad as the aforementioned two, has got songs that are listenable - but still, most of the stuff they've done is boring and pointless.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.