Need some Shoegaze bands

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 28 Mar 2011, 03:46

Need some Shoegaze bands

hey guys

so i heard My Bloody Valentine and fucking fell in love with their huge walls of noisy sexy musicality, and upon hearing this..i wanted to look for some more shoegaze bands but idk where to start D:

thought this would be the right place to ask for some band suggestions

• Heres a Shoegaze band.. Anything After"s "There's Something Warm" Album for FREE

http://www.mediafire.com/?3nxymwjmet2

Anything After

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 15 Apr 2011, 16:33
    shoegaze/dream pop bands with female vocalist you should check out;

Lust, A Sunny Day in Glasgow, Slowdive, Sister Vanilla, Cocteau Twins, Black Tambourine

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 16 Apr 2011, 15:37
    Check The Brian Jonestown Massacre.

• [late]

• You ABSOLUTLEY should listen to Slowdive, Ride, Chapterhouse and Pale Saints, also Kitchens of Distinction, Adorable, Swervedriver, Moose and Drop Nineteens :)

• Consider this another plug for Slowdive. Though nothing comes near the sheer raw sex-appeal of Loveless. Ever.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 4 Jul 2011, 00:42
    You should try listening to Exit Calm, a NEW shoegazing band. Definitely worth checking out, http://youtu.be/apXcOUcxiMk . Scary how there's only a guitarist, bass guitarist and the drummer as well as the singer but they sound like a much bigger group, don't seem to be well known but they sure as hell sound like they'll be big in the future. :-)

• Airiel, Curve, Catherine Wheel, Cranes, Lush, Slowdive and for some interestingly related stuff which is not strictly shoegaze for one reason or another, but definitely Shoegazey - Depreciation Guild, Shana Falana, The Ecstacy of St Theresa, Takako Minekawa (Roomic Cube album), and Silversun Pickups.

I am a huge Curve fan, but they seem to bother some of teh more traditional shoegazers.

Musical Bug Repellant
    http://www.last.fm/group/Music+For+Driving+Away+Unwanted+Guests

• before you listen to any of these you should first listen to Jesus and Mary Chain's Psychocandy and then get ALL YOU CAN FIND of Skywave. If it wasn't for Jesus and Mary Chain there'd be no skywave... and if it wasn't for skywave there'd be no.... "shoegaze" talk today... idk why these posts dont mention Skywave O_o after they broke up a couple bands formed from those ashes... two of which are currently Virginia's Ceremony (not the hxcpunkband) and A Place To Bury Strangers (first album was remarkable) but yeah... ceremony is fucking amazing...

• Shoegaze Band

This one is hard to find - Lovebox - Wave Motion Engine - it is a CDEP from around 1992

• Haven't seen anyone mention Loop yet but if you like your shoegaze a little more aggressive, a little less dream poppy (think Ride at their more rocking moments, like 'Drive Blind') check out ' A Gilded Eternity' it's a great LP

• Give a listen to The Lost Rivers

• ringo deathstarr are incredible!

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 4 Mar 2012, 22:10
    Ride, Slowdive, Cocteau twins.
    The problem is i don't think their is a shoegazing album that can top Loveless.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 19 Mar 2012, 20:29
    The Ecstasy of St Theresa's Pigment EP is awesome, sounds a lot like My Bloody Valentine. And the Cocteau Twins of course are classic.

• Lush - Gala is a good shoegaze album.

• Pecteuw said...
    • User
    • 30 Apr 2012, 22:20

Cruyff In The Bedroom

• yeah i second gala by lush as well as slowdive, lilys, black tambourine

• it seems that people here know what they are writing about. SHOEGAZERS AND DREAMPOPERS. Try the link.

a new shelter inside a new shelter ☆☆☆ indie ☆ new wave B sides ☆ ambient ☆ shoegazing ☆ dreampop ☆ twee ☆ indietronic ☆ chill out ☆ experimental ☆ downtempo ★★★ Exposiciones de Arte Contemporáneo ★★★ Fomento a la industria cultural alternativa ★★★

• You have plenny already but there's never too much good music, so here's my small contribution. Just so you know, I don't like the term «shoegaze», I dont think it really means anything (musically speaking) but I like your «huge walls of noisy sexy musicality» description, so...:

-The Joy Formidable

-Malajube, specifically the album Trompe-l'Oeil (french canadian)

-Animal Collective (specifically the album Merriweather Post Pavillon):

-Mew (danish band)

-Grimes

-Placebo

-Cocteau Twins (I know its been mentionned before but i insist; they're just so fucking great!)

Nuff'said
  • - still listening to new album of MBV

- Boo Radleys are great

- also found a new shoegaze band From Italy - Human Colonies...sounds great!!! Only 4 tracks by now though - bandcamp

• atyuktu said...
    • User
    • 28 Nov 2013, 23:40

• c1int said...
    • User
    • 8 Mar 2014, 02:28
    Guys, you problably understand about post punk, but shoegaze...
    You must to listen Swervedriver and Catherine Wheel! rs
    Especially the ones on the early 90's.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.