New Official Off-Topic Thread

• Re: I've finally done it!

Mrsixtyfive said:
    I seemed to have alienated all of my neighbors..... see...

"Your neighbours are people with similar music taste to you.
    We’ll find some for you soon, but it may take a day or two. The quickest way to get neighbours is to download the Scrobbler or tune into a radio station."

Also,,,,,, I hate to be a spammer, but I have started a new group. It is only 2 days old, and I have already gotten 3 people to join...

You could join and never look at it again, or you could join and participate, writing or contributing song lyrics... Or listening to Italo Calvino and/ or Pablo Neruda.... They most likely have no neighbors either...

http://www.last.fm/group/Haiku+Wall+for+Late+Night+Entertainment

My "new" group hasn't found the participation I had liked: http://www.last.fm/group/We+love+German+music%2C+but+can%27t+understand+the+lyrics!

Wanted to help people, but noboy seems interested :D

• Alainn said...
    • User
    • 19 Jun 2012, 14:38
    @rolandkirk: Not really, just something that popped-out at me while messing around with multi-Reddits about questions and answers (http://www.reddit.com/r/answers+AskAnAmerican+askscience+everymanshouldknow+explainlikeimfive+LifeProTips+todayilearned+science/)

Tonight I'm making one for interesting music genres on Reddit like http://www.reddit.com/r/WorldMusic+Cover_Songs+OtherSounds+listentous

@tYhJyYsRuLeS: Listening to it in the original language trains my ability to understand better :)

New: Obscure Music Blogs a collection of music blogs with rare/obscure music from all genres
  • I know there are some anime fans here..... enjoy this.

• That reminds me of :

IF IT'S FREE YOU'RE THE PRODUCT !!
  • Tina in her prime. OK, what does THIS remind you of?

• Why not :

• That and the one you posted before definitely reminds me of this;

• Give back to Caesar what belongs to Caesar : (Let's try to get out of this sort of dead end with Tommy !!)

So what does this remind you of ? :

• This.....

• A little late, but yesterday was Independence Day here in the States. :)

• Alainn said...
    • User
    • 10 Jul 2012, 19:10

How I feel after a day without scrobbling

New: Obscure Music Blogs a collection of music blogs with rare/obscure music from all genres
  • The Staff at Last.FM

• I'm getting used to this f**kin mess; honestly I like it!!! It is fun to see Bieber's songs listed on the Cannibal Corpse page!!! Anarchy!!!!!!!!

VIVA EL DIAOL!
  • Funny, true and sad at the same time

• Alainn said...
    • User
    • 17 Jul 2012, 20:12

Internet drama

Some time ago Mac Miller was sued for 10 million dollars by Lord Finesse for this track (that's currently still available on Youtube):

I admit the song is crappy (and therefore given away for free?) but it also uses an exact copy of the track made by Lord Finesse:

Listeners however will also recognize a reworked version of the track by Oscar Petterson - Dream of You. This prompted Dan Bull to comment and satire the the lawsuit by making his own version of the song (I'll get to this one again later).

This didn't sat well with Lord Finesse so he had Youtube take down the offending track. Dan Bull then made this reaction:

So what happened next? For the last couple of days a lot of people have been uploading the track by Dan Bull: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=defending%20mac%20miller&page=1

or the first result:

The saddest part all of this? I wanted to check how much it was the same as the track by Oscar Peterson and it isn't available on Youtube :(

• jakbu said...
    • User
    • 11 Aug 2012, 02:43
    @up: I wonder if Mac Miller had "sponsorship" on YouTube, you know, logo near Subscribe button and etc. If yes, he was making money.

Cya guys, I'm quitting OMG for some time cause I got bored of it and I wanna check my 110 GB library of music, which is packed in rars for like 1 year.

• Lord Finesse

looks like Xzibit

• jakbu said...
    • User
    • 13 Aug 2012, 06:08
    Not really...

• Alainn said...
    • User
    • 20 Aug 2012, 11:26

This is Ska!

Found this really old documentary. The audio and video are not completely in sync but interesting nonetheless.

Update: just testing something

• No comment!

• Saw these guys in 82 or 3 in LA.

• Does this make you feel better?

Not really into talking politics here. I have plenty of outlets for that. I just like funny videos that show a lot of skill and possibly a little window into the absurdity . Cheers

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.