• A pledge

I think that having iScrobbler has ruined my music listening experience further more than Last.fm has.

I've mentioned this before, but for the sake of clearness, I'll say it again: that program keeps its own charts of submissions. So every day I'm looking at my ongoing week charts - sometimes several times in a day. Then I become obsessed over artist that are getting "too many plays" or "lack of variety".

My pledge is that starting tomorrow (sunday) I won't look at those Local Charts and let me have only 4 artist in my charts next week!

I wrote this to keep me focus.

Note to self if I'm reading this after sunday: you can do it. Don't let numbers control your life!

That's it. Let's see how long it lasts...

• Haha you're not going to be able to resist it, trust me!
    I tried this several times. I don't have the control over myself. So for me, it's not the cure to OSS. But if you can make it, you deserve some respect. Also you have to tell us how you did it! Are your methods very agressive?

It would be heaven if I could enjoy music without thinking, THIS IS GOING TO BE ON MY CHARTS! IS IT COOL ENOUGH?? But also I don't wanna leave last.fm :'(
    So I'm gonna have to life with OSS for the rest of my life I guess.

I ♥♪♫
  • Hhhahaa.

So far I've been able to resist myself, but it's only been two days basically... I've been tempted sirs and madams... but when I put that cursor by that music note I say to myself: "Do. Not. Do. It. You. Have. Self. Control"

It's basically escalated to a whole new level: can I still focus myself on one goal?

This is serious!!!!

But yeah, I still think about numbers when I'm listening to music (:s)

One step at a time...

• that's it! it's done

I just had a "peak" didn't stare at them, nonetheless broke the pledge [-_-]

my life is meaningless so I rely on numbers for stability... they are always there for you, you don't have to wonder if they've gotten your message and why haven't they message back!

darn it!

• Haha poor you.

Luckily Im happy to have OSS, so no need for a cure!

• The happiness is not going to last long!!

No just kidding, I think I have a hate/love affair with my OSS. But I can live with it.

I ♥♪♫
  • Seeing that I failed miserably this pledge... I'm starting a new one!

Starting on Sunday I will ONLY listen to artists that are NOT in my Top 50 overall charts.

This was inspired by my top artist that is just crushing everything in the water, and I think it's only healthy for me to listen to other music.

So yeah, another useless pledge to prove myself I can still set my mind to something....

YES YOU CAN, YES YOU CAN!

• Hahah good luck! You have my full support^^

• thanks freakyyyy :)

anddd we are offfff... until noon next sunday... heehhe

• How is it going?:P

• I'm almost there! One day left! Whohoooooo

I'm also wondering if watching a live video counts, because I watched ONE video from my number one artist... just one because immediately afterwards wondered that, so just to be safe I've been avoiding it.

I'm also thinking of doing an "All classics" week, nothing done after 1990 will be listened! I need a week of my usual artist though to recover... gain strength.

I've been listening a lot to that "old" music this week, actually. Joy Division will be my number one artist :)

• I DID IT!!!! Whohoooooooo

Now obsessive listening to my top 50 :)

• Haha, actually I should set a goal too. :p To stay away from the Last.fm website for a week (keep listening music, but not checking my stats every other minute). But I bet that is impossible for me...

• LennekeZzip said:
    Haha, actually I should set a goal too. :p To stay away from the Last.fm website for a week (keep listening music, but not checking my stats every other minute). But I bet that is impossible for me...

I tried that once. It was awful. I was bored to death in less than an hour ^^

• Oh man I'm so obsessed, it's unhealthy. I HAVE to scrobble my music from iPod SO often, it's stupid. But the satisfaction of seeing that music scrobbled and seeing the playcount raised is so addictive, but also so time-consuming. And that stupid audioscrobblerthingy which is not working half of the time, arrgh it's making me all neurotic..

So my pledge would be: Limit for scrobbling: once a day. For one whole week.

This is too hard -_- but YOU CAN DO IT!

I ♥♪♫
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 10 Nov 2008, 10:18
    owow.. hope you're able to.. :)

I can only scrobble once a day, because I'm not much at home...

So at work, I'm listening on my private laptop.. though there's a very limited choice in music.. :)

• So at work, I'm listening on my private laptop.. though there's a very limited choice in music.. :)

But most important, can you scrobble your music?

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 21 Nov 2008, 08:34
    yes I can!

And I'm happy with it! :).. and I don't have to listen to the shitty Dutch radiostations :)..

• I haven't been scrobbling my iPod for three days. o_O What's the matter with me?

• Quick scrobble! It may get discarded, after a while I think it ignores it.
    LennekeZzip said:
    To stay away from the Last.fm website for a week (keep listening music, but not checking my stats every other minute).

Whoa, if you could do that you'd be my hero! :)

I come to this site all the freaking time, even at work sometimes. It's crazy. I need something else in my life to channel this obsessive behavior, then I guess I'd be able to pull it off... in the mean time, I won't even consider it!

• Aaaah! I was able not scrobbling my iPod since the 18th of December, and then my Last.fm scrobbling thingy said 'There are 898 scrobblings on your iPod', so I clicked on 'scrobble', and it only scrobbled 400 tracks! :'( Waaah!

• Crapcrapcrap, now it happened again! >:( From now on I'm going to scrobble my iPod every day.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 16 Jun 2009, 22:26
    THE PLEDGE <3 hi.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.