• Corandy said...
    • User
    • 17 May 2008, 14:47

Your Music Taste

Hi all, this group is perfect for me and there are great members, but i want to know what you music tastes are and what your feelings are with that music.

It looks i have a other taste than you guys, but OSS people are one and we use the music as a weapon :P

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 17 May 2008, 15:35
    Hey Yes! :).. your very right! :)..

Maybe we should post the similarity to the user above yourself? (example: I do it with you, and the poster after me, does this with me)

Your musical compatibility rating with Corandy is:

Very Low

You share some artists in common, including Bullet for My Valentine, Disturbed, Acda en De Munnik, Billy Talent, and Hoobastank.

--- But this is a bit limited or something. Because I like your music very much too. I have to change my listening habits.. because I have to hear more different music! :)

• Your musical compatibility rating with djre-moon is:
    Very Low

You share some artists in common, including Guns N' Roses, Queens of the Stone Age, Nirvana, Marilyn Manson, and Blink-182.

well....at least we both like Nirvana :-)

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 18 May 2008, 14:10
    hey yes, that's true, and The Smashing Pumpkins and GNR, and much more.. ; Silverchair is marvelous..

But you only listen to 16 different artists, so that's where it goes very low, i guess. Because I listen to thousands of artists and hundreds of music styles..

• Your musical compatibility rating with sinti182 is:

Very Low

You share some artists in common, including Queens of the Stone Age, and Nirvana. (and that's all)

I have a little theory: people who are quickly obsessed with stats, are bèta-people (science stuff), listen to rock music more often than people who dislike stats (dislike numbers)(those people listen more often to r&b and that sort). Isn't it? So our taste should be the same... but I'm more in Indie-rock...

I ♥♪♫
    • Corandy said...
    • User
    • 18 May 2008, 16:02
    Your musical compatibility rating with Taralita is:

Very Low

You don’t share any artists in common.

this is great :D
    its funny that we have played no same song, its a good idea to play some music of yours :P cuz i have not a broad line-up of genres. But it is better than first because first i only listened to disturbed and godsmack xD

• Your musical compatibility rating with Corandy is:
    Very Low

You share some artists in common, including System of a Down, Tenacious D, Guns N' Roses, Children of Bodom, and Billy Talent.

^^

■Por esa puta costumbre
    de regalar carcajadas,            
    para mostrarle a la gente            
    que nunca lloro por            
    nada.■
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 18 May 2008, 19:01
    Taste-o-meterYour musical compatibility rating with BitaStones is:

Very Low

You share some artists in common, including Arctic Monkeys, The Clash, Ramones, The Kooks, and System of a Down.

Wellll... I don't get the Taste-O-Meter. But I'm like always very low with people. Except for people with the same top 10 or something.. anyways..

I think you should take a listen at Cat Stevens. I've been doing that for the last 2 or 3 hours and it's marvelous. The Foreigner Suite, for example, is 18 minutes of beautiful folkpop! :)

• Re: Your Music Taste

I'm not sure the taste-o-meter comparison was first intended(?)

Corandy said:
    i want to know what you music tastes are and what your feelings are with that music.

I've personally been listening a lot to , , some "new" folk music - otherwise tagged as , and in the last year or so.

Anything that mixes a lot of different styles goes on the good side with me, which it's why the tag is present all the time in my cloud. I really enjoy multilayered sounds, and the mix of electronic + rock can produce some interesting results. :)

shoegaze and noise go hand in hand, I must say. The better the noise, the more shoegazing activity is involved.

• Re: Re: Your Music Taste

pecusita said:
    I'm not sure the taste-o-meter comparison was first intended(?)

Yeah you're right!
    So...
    I listen to music tagged as , , and . Although Indie is not a real tag I think... I listen to this music because... pfff... I don't know. It's the best?

I ♥♪♫
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 22 May 2008, 20:13
    hihi.. aww. yes. you're all right!.. i've mistaken. please hit me :)

anyways. I love a broad spectrum of music.

At the moment i'm into anything with catchy melodies and lyrics. Maybe that's why I'm listening to "catchy" tag radio? :P

• Re: Re: Re: Your Music Taste

Taralita said:
    Although Indie is not a real tag I think... I listen to this music because... pfff... I don't know. It's the best?

THANK YOU.

I think I should start a petition group asking Last.fm to BAN the word "indie" in tags and artist wiki pages

• Your musical compatibility rating with pecusita is:
    Low

You share some artists in common, including Muse, Be Your Own Pet, Queens of the Stone Age, The Killers, and Metric.

Pretty good.

Forget it, Donny, you're out of your element!
  • Indeed, the indie tag kinda sucks.

But for now it helps me to describe my taste! Which is mainly "indie". ^^ Favorite's are the more serious stuff like Bloc Party, Interpol and Yeah Yeah Yeahs. Bands like Kaiser Chiefs I also like, but more for the fun than for the good music.

Further I really got into elektro stuff the last year. Digitalism, Hot Chip, Justice, LCD Soundsystem and so on!

My parents also have a great taste. Whole my youth I've heard Massive Attack, Portishead, Air and Kosheen in the living room, and now I'm sort of addicted to the trip-hop sound, although that is even a dumber tag than indie.

I also like some Singer/Songwriters like John Mayer, Patrick Wolf (although he is really outstanding and can't be defined) KT Tunstall and Maria Mena.

And last but not least the New-Wave and Post Punk thing. Joy Division, New Order, The Smiths, Echo and the Bunnymen... pure beauty<3

The 5 main genre's!
    Well I talk to much I guess! But im obsessed with scrobbling and music ;)

• Your musical compatibility rating with freakyy_87 is:
    Low

You share some artists in common, including Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Interpol, Joy Division, Jimi Hendrix, and Echo & the Bunnymen.

that's actually pretty awesome music there, despite the "Low"

• Lisaap said...
    • User
    • 18 Jun 2008, 10:23
    Your musical compatibility rating with aeternitas23 is:
    Very Low

You share some artists in common, including Blood Red Shoes, Tegan and Sara, Scissor Sisters, Joy Division, and The Doors.

I don't even know 95% of the bands in your top artists!

Stapelchips
  • ...and i highly recommend them all :P

• Your musical compatibility rating with aeternitas23 is:

Very Low
    You share some artists in common, including Anti-Flag, Tegan and Sara, NOFX, Marilyn Manson, and The Offspring.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 8 Jul 2008, 02:06
    Your musical compatibility rating with hollyy___x is:

High

You share some artists in common, including Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance, Cartel, Avril Lavigne, and Taking Back Sunday.

HEY, NICE STATS!

• Your musical compatibility rating with emmm_03 is:
    Very Low

You don’t share any artists in common.

well so what...

• ehroo said...
    • User
    • 17 Aug 2008, 01:55
    Your musical compatibility with Nethiros is:

LOW

Music you have in common includes Lily Allen, Queens of the Stone Age and Daft Punk.

hmm, i haven't heard of quite a lot of your artists.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 21 Aug 2008, 09:22
    okay.. now.. I see the taste-o-meter comparison is brought in anyways? :S...

Discovered a great thing I had been missing: Sigur Rós... they performed at the Lowlands festival last Sunday and it was amazing!

Your musical compatibility with ehroo is: Super
    Music you have in common includes Tegan and Sara, Arctic Monkeys, Death Cab for Cutie, The Fratellis and Regina Spektor.

Okay.. I just love the same music as you do! :) STUNNING! :)

• Tom_7 said...
    • User
    • 22 Aug 2008, 22:26
    my music taste is fabulous.

• Suuure.

I ♥♪♫
  • Your musical compatibility with Taralita is Medium

Music you have in common includes Elliott Smith, The Kooks, Death Cab for Cutie, The White Stripes and Bright Eyes.

pretty good, right?

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.