"Christian" Black Metal (a.k.a. "Black" Metal/Unblack Metal/White Metal)

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 8 Apr 2007, 20:29

"Christian" Black Metal (a.k.a. "Black" Metal/Unblack Metal/White Metal)

I recently found some bands that have this label and (for what I could tell by listening on myspace) some of them sound really good, but I can't help feeling turned off by their ideology. Such bands are: Drottnar, Bittergeist, Borgazûr, Malak, Elgibbor, Arvinger and tons more...

I want to know your opinion about this genre. Would you listen to a good Black Metal band even if its christian?

http://www.myspace.com/welterwerk
    http://www.myspace.com/bittergeist
    http://www.myspace.com/borgazurofficial
    http://www.myspace.com/elgibbor
    http://www.myspace.com/malak999

Edited by a deleted user on 5 May 2007, 21:10
    • Gumbo77 said...
    • User
    • 3 May 2007, 09:44
    that's just fucking ridiculous. even though i mainly care about the music and less about the ideology, i would never listen to a fucking christian black metal band. the only religion acceptable in rock n' roll is satanism, as it has a rebellious attitude.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 4 May 2007, 13:13
    Hypocrisy.

• DaTFuX said...
    • User
    • 8 May 2007, 15:03
    Gumbo77 said:
    the only religion acceptable in rock n' roll is satanism, as it has a rebellious attitude.

you forgot paganism ;)

• Black Metal is AGAINST christianity. Christian bands cannot play black metal...

"Mi sento come il soffitto di una chiesa bombardata"
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 14 May 2007, 20:49
    CaemlynOfAndor said:
    Black Metal is AGAINST christianity. Christian bands cannot play black metal...

Believe it or not, but they do, and some of them actually really well. Arvinger for instance are a Viking "Black" Metal band and I only read good reviews about it (and not once have I found at least a footnote that mentioned they're a christian band). I also found this Christian Folk Black Metal band Holy Blood... It's quite sad to see such abominations... These bands are a mockery to Black Metal and all that it stands for.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 16 May 2007, 11:32
    antestor is pretty cool, norwegian unblack metal

• Xemtoth said...
    • User
    • 25 May 2007, 09:52
    Crap...pure crap, Black metal is SATAN not some fucking god worshipping, fuck that! Black Metal is Satanic music

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 2 Jun 2007, 22:56
    No fucking way! Black Metal bands are not sopose to be Christian! Black Metal is agains Christianity!

• Lyrics in Black metal should be satanism! Not Christian!

• Lgnd4 said...
    • User
    • 10 Jun 2007, 09:26
    CaemlynOfAndor said:

exactly

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 26 Jun 2007, 10:32
    BM about Christian horde baptizing pagans and vikings...That would be really funny. I'd listen to that. :D

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 2 Jul 2007, 20:22
    First of all how can anything call itself a black metal? Maybe it's a white metal, but it's still so fucked up.

• Nachtar said...
    • User
    • 18 Jul 2007, 18:45
    fucking christians... They want to be in all - even in bla.. eeh.. "black" metal...

FUCK THEM!

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 20 Jul 2007, 14:04
    Black metal and christian?
    These fucking christians. Like Nachtar said: They want to be in all. >.< Oh I hate them

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 25 Jul 2007, 03:49
    I thought they called them selves "unblack" or "white metal", but either way I fucking hate them.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 26 Jul 2007, 23:07
    Personally, im not against it.
    It just seems really weird..
    Black metal artists look and sound
    evil for a reason, right?
    You think the 'unblack' metal bands would
    want to stray from that look and sound..
    Seems too hypocritical.

• The defining characteristic of black metal is its hatred of all things white. Black metal is supposed to be evil; how does "Christian" garbage meet that standard?

I'm sorry. I don't speak dumbass.
  • The whole idea of black metal is that it is anti-christian, and not that I care that much but it makes me wonder why christians would want to attempt to be a part of that in the first place.

• if you think black metal is about satanism you really are borderline retarded..

edit - also.. bm is not an ideology, it's a style of music, ideology is brought in by the artist. So you can't say all bm is about one thing or another

• fucking christ
    jesus is dead!!!!!!!!!!!
    and jawe will die soon!!!!

• Halvete said...
    • User
    • 25 Aug 2007, 18:14
    Pity creatures...black metal always fight against christiantiy and all religion..whats that shit..?christian Black Metal?..pity..too pity

N/A
    • asakku said...
    • User
    • 21 Nov 2007, 21:41
    Christian black metal is a farce,and I sincerely would like to see every single one of them die.

• CaemlynOfAndor said:

No it isn't. Black metal is a form of music, the only thing that would make it against Christianity is the satanic lyrics but seeing as Unblack metal has Christian lyrics and other themes not associated with Satanism then it makes it okay for them to play it.

I think everyone is just jumping on the Satanic black metal bandwagon, not all black metal bands have Satanic themes and lyrics. I think the only person that has shown a shred of intelligence in this thread is turpisNocturne.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 3 Dec 2007, 06:06
    Black metal is a form of music, the only thing that would make it against Christianity is the satanic lyrics but seeing as Unblack metal has Christian lyrics and other themes not associated with Satanism then it makes it okay for them to play it.

I don't fully agree. Did you ever listen to "Satanic Christian Rock" or "Christrapping Christian Rock"? I don't think so. Yes, Black Metal is a genre, but part of it's characteristics is having Satanic or at least non-/anti-christian lyrics.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.