last.fm flash player. Does it work on the Wii?

• last.fm flash player. Does it work on the Wii?

Just wondering if any of you who are lucky enough to have Wiis already have tried out the last.fm flash player on the console yet? If so, does it work?

Cheers

Andy

• The opera browser hasn't been released yet. But yes, it should work with Last.fm flash player.

• oh right I didn't realise that. It was supposed to be released at launch. Should be good though...

What would be really cool however is if the last.fm player became a Wii channel. Maybe we should harass the devs for that :-)

Andy

• That would be Super-cool. They're prolly too far along in dev now for it to be a possibility for the first release. Nothing to say they can't add it in a future edition however.

First news I heard was that the browser would go out with the Wii during Japan's launch in December, (crazy they launched something here first for once eh?) Second piece of news I heard was that Nintendo was going to charge North American users for the Opera Browser download.

Most recent news I heard yesterday was that it will available for a free download until June 07. Others have speculated that future updates will be at a cost. If true... that would mean we'd prolly have to pay for any LastFM type channel additions.

Wii Number: 3406 2128 4757 4991 (msg me if you add)
  • archestratus said:
    Others have speculated that future updates will be at a cost. If true... that would mean we'd prolly have to pay for any LastFM type channel additions.

Not sure about that, Nintendo is just providing a framework for services - they shouldn't be able to decide how much it costs to subscribe to services - that should be up to the provider. And given that last.fm is free apart from subscriber features I would imagine it would be free... I really hope Nintendo has built the channels with a nice open architecture such that it's easy for anyone to make them, otherwise I don't think they'll be half as interesting and useful otherwise. The wii should be about creativity and innovation in gaming and that means small developers, not big ones with lots of money.

• Yeah... I agree with you totally, and I hope that's the way it pans out.

I hope Nintendo is able to resist the temptation to charge folks for codecs required to play things like LastFm players, various audio/video files, etc... Like Microsoft has tried to do with so many additions to their Windows Media Player in the past.

Time will tell I suppose.

Wii Number: 3406 2128 4757 4991 (msg me if you add)
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.