Tarja or Anette?

• Tarja or Anette?

Who do you like better, Tarja or Anette? I personally think they're both very talented and equally good, although Tarja may be more technical, for want of a better description, because she is a professionally trained operatic vocalist. I think they are both good to listen to, they just have different styles.

Post your replies!

Now I move on to the subconscious states unknown. Dream world now gone, I am shown, why I dream at night and on and on. Waking through my intuition, this path I must know.
  • they just have different styles only, they are gorgeous! ♥

Sometimes a dream turns into a dream.
    • tislugy said...
    • User
    • 3 Apr 2009, 16:52
    they're very different but are both very good. Anette can sing old songs with her style:ghost love score with anette is just amazing and dead boy's poem too.

• IVeterI said...
    • User
    • 3 Apr 2009, 19:23
    It is impossible to compare Anette and Tarja because of different styles. But for me Tarja is the best forever. Without her Nightwish is not the Nightwish I admired most of all

От ветра можно спрятаться, ему можно преградить путь в одном месте, но нельзя повредить ветру.
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 3 Apr 2009, 19:45
    Anette is a great singer, but I prefer Tarja.
    Nightwish with Tarja was more original...

• I think that both are great in their own way.
    You can't really compare them cause they are so different.
    But both of them are great singers that's for sure:)

Is all that we see or seem
    But a dream within a dream?
  • I like Tarja, for its voice, and style of singing more. NightWish with Tarja was in my opinion better. I from Russia therefore forgive me for my English.

• We can't compare them, they're too different.
    All I can say is that I really like the way the band is now. =)

**Mary**
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 6 Apr 2009, 16:59
    Hm, both are excellent, I like them equally...

• [spam]

[spam]

Edited by hjbardenhagen on 1 Jan 2011, 11:38
  • On taste and colour all felt-tip pens different. Everyone is ingenious on the. But I nevertheless will remain at the opinion - NW with Tarja for me was better.

• I think compare is SO wrong.'Cause Tarja and Anette are different vocals(Tarja is a soprano) ,styles.. quite..

İlk kendine günaydın de uyanırken...
  • I'm not a fan of this topic myself. It causes too much hate to be thrown around. I like both of these lovely and talented ladies, and I support the band with their decision. I'm just glad they are still around making music.

"Ever felt away with me. Just once that all I need. Entwined in finding you one day."
    "A nightingale in a golden cage. That's me locked inside reality's maze. Can't someone make my heavy heart light?"

www.nightwishlovers.ning.com
    • Birkal said...
    • User
    • 9 Apr 2009, 02:12
    I agree with above speaker.. The fact that someone started this disscusion makes me angry since you are comparing two diffrent styles.

• Well I'm sorry, but if you hadn't already seen, I did say 'Who do you like better?' , not 'Who is better?' so I was merely asking in a general discussion who preferred Tarja and who preferred Anette; which incidentally means it isn't really that important that they are two different styles. Read the original post before just replying...

Now I move on to the subconscious states unknown. Dream world now gone, I am shown, why I dream at night and on and on. Waking through my intuition, this path I must know.
  • Different yet similar question with the same set of problems caused. Isn't it funny how that works? lol

"Ever felt away with me. Just once that all I need. Entwined in finding you one day."
    "A nightingale in a golden cage. That's me locked inside reality's maze. Can't someone make my heavy heart light?"

• Hmm I did read it but I just went back and re-read it to see if I misread something.

You didn't say either of those things actually. You simply said the names with the word "or" in the middle thereby leaving it open for interpretation.

" Tarja or Anette?
    Who do you like better, Tarja or Anette? I personally think they're both very talented and equally good, although Tarja may be more technical, for want of a better description, because she is a professionally trained operatic vocalist. I think they are both good to listen to, they just have different styles.

Post your replies!"

• I like Tarja a lot more. I used to think that Anette her voice was good but after hearing DPP for some time and especially hearing her weak live performances I don't think she is that talented.

• personally, i prefer Tarja to Anette.. Anette has great voice but songs performed by her are less mysterious, less in nightwish's style .. likewise they are more commercially sounding.. Tarja was everything that Nightwish was built on and I think it's always like that the first vocalist is always the best and only.. ;]

my fall will be for you..
  • Nightwishislove, what is there not to understand about 'Who do you like better, Tarja or Anette?'. Notice that everyone else bar you and Birkal understand. Nobody likes assholes so just shut up and stop complaining. It was a general topic asking for opinions.

• Now you are changing your story. Won't do any good though because it's clear what you originally said is NOT what you claim you said above. My initial intent was just to help clear up confusion you caused by changing what you said.

If you take it as me being an "asshole" it's only because you felt stupid for making a mistake by stating you said one thing when in reality you said something else. That's called being human and no one faulted you for it. However as for being an asshole seems to me you are the only one doing that. For that I can and will fault you.

You asked for opinions and you got it. Granted it may not be what you like but guess what? It's called freedom of speech. You cant expect to ask for opinions and only get the ones you want. You have a lot of growing up to do if you believe that.

• Nightwish

Tarja, the best vocal for Nightwish, for ever.
    Anette sing good, but not for stay in Nightwish.. your voice is not appropriate with the style fo the band... my favorite is Tarja.

• Excuse me, but I did say 'Who do you like better?' and you are trying to say that I didn't, when it is clearly written up there...

You are looking into this far too deeply, with all this 'freedom of speech' nonsense. You do know that nobody really cares about this thread as much as to write paragraphs of stuff trying to clear up 'confusion' that you actually caused? I am sticking to what I said though, and I have read over what I have said several times and I haven't changed my story at all, in fact I didn't even have a story as such to begin with.

I am big enough to apologise for the asshole comment, however I just feel that you are trying, to an extent, to make an argument out of nothing.

I still don't understand you, so I'm just going to leave you to it. =]

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 11 Apr 2009, 20:39
    Tarja is better, i think..

• I think there is a lot of miscommunication going on here. Okay I will try once more to make my point. In your very first post the subject is simply "Tarja or Anette."

In a later post when someone says they do not like the topic you defend it by saying this: "Well I'm sorry, but if you hadn't already seen, I did say 'Who do you like better?' , not 'Who is better?' so I was merely asking in a general discussion who preferred Tarja and who preferred Anette; which incidentally means it isn't really that important that they are two different styles. Read the original post before just replying..."

My point is that in the original topic you NEVER said either of those things. You simply said "Tarja or Anette." Therefore it could be taken as "who do you like better", "who is better", "who is the better singer" and so on. As you can see simply typing "Tarja or Anette" can be taken a lot of ways. The point being you were not as clear as you stated you were in your original post.

I am not now, nor was I ever trying to argue. I was simply trying to make it clear that perhaps what you originally said was not as cut and dry as you believed it to be and I was trying to also help the other person understand what was meant by your post.

Either way it doesn't matter my original post was stating that I do not like ANY topics which compare the singers in ANY way because it always leads to bickering over who is better and it has nothing to do with how you worded it.

So let's just chalk it up to a misunderstanding and call a truce already eh?

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.