And the Ass Saw the Angel

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 31 Aug 2009, 14:25

And the Ass Saw the Angel

We're all waiting for Nick's new book but what do you think about the old one?
    Have you read it? What's your opinion about it?

• i read this book. it's very strange, just like whole nick cave. it's not so easy to read. i'd have to read it couple of times more to write some constructive review.

i hope nick's next book will be as bizzare as "Ass" ;]

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 23 Sep 2009, 16:55
    I feel the same about it - for me it was hard to read it too. And although I'm studying literature I can't really judge it. I love Nick but the book was so frightening and disgusting in some parts that I couldn't pass through another chapters... But it is the Nick's style - "Murder ballads" were sth like that too but during listening I wasn't so frightened. Maybe it is because of language - I listen to Nick's music in English, the book was translated so it was in Polish. Maybe it is the difference.

• i havent read the book,if you have it's pdf please send for me....
    or at least give me a brief descrbie of it...

I Am The Dog who walks by Himself
    • rawtofu said...
    • User
    • 8 Oct 2009, 23:16
    i'm trying to figure out which one i should read first...

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 12 Oct 2009, 06:30
    Nick says that it was better for him to write the new one. He was more aware as a writer and it was a pleasure for him to create. So maybe start from the new one :) "And the ass saw the angel " was written about 20 years ago when Nick was so crazy so you can compare how it influenced on the novel. He says he wasn't mature enough to write then. I haven't read the new book yet but I believe it is better than "And the ass...".

• I am just reading "Ass". I've been a huge fan of Nick's lyrics for a long time now so I kinda thought nothing can surprise me, but God! WHAT IS HAPPENING IN HIS HEAD IS JUST UNBELIEVABLE.

I'm in love with this book. Each page brings pure delight.

Nick Cave is the most sensible and inspiring man ever.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 22 May 2012, 08:26
    I started to read this book yesterday and I couldn't tear away from it. I just love his style of writing and his direct phrases which sometimes amuse me ^_^

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.