What album did you hear first?

• What album did you hear first?

My introduction to Nick Cave was Straight To You from Henry's Dream, but Let Love In was the first album i heard, and the first album i bought.

How about you people? When were you introduced to Cave, and what album was the one you heard first?

Shall we take ourselves seriously? Nah.

http://pmono.no
    • THVL said...
    • User
    • 12 Mar 2008, 08:11
    The First song I heard was "Up Jumped the Devil" and I bought "Tender Prey" that very same day. "Tender Prey" had just been released. I've loved Mr Cave's albums ever since.

I know I must remain inside this silent well of sorrow
  • "The Carny" was the first song I heard. it was on "Wings of Desire" and about a week later I bought "Your Funeral...My Trial". Love it!

Bis zum Kollaps!
    Edited by conor_oberst19 on 22 Mar 2008, 22:14
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 12 Mar 2008, 16:26
    Nocturama; tought it was the greatest record ever ...

• JP1230 said...
    • User
    • 12 Mar 2008, 16:30
    No more shall we part.

It's still a great album. Only I'm now listening more to his B-sides album

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 12 Mar 2008, 16:47
    I was about 10 years old when I found the Love Songs compilation in my parents' collection, and heard Where the Wild Roses Grow. I liked it even then, I guess it was the smoothness and the melody. I didn't understand the lyrics, of course...

Years later I found out about those lyrics, and was hooked for good. So I borrowed No More Shall We Part from the library. Obviously, it was different, but I loved it nevertheless.

• Henry's Dream... As a result, still one of my favourites. John Finn's Wife, Straight to You, Papa won't leave you Henry... really good stuff. I bought it after hearing Sir Nick live on the radio at Norwich Sound City (1992ish) while I was waiting for Carter USM to come on. While next day at school al my friends were talking about Carter and bemoaning the support act, I became a convert!

• The first song I heard was "Loverman", and the first album I bought was "Murder Ballads".

• uiuisa said...
    • User
    • 13 Mar 2008, 14:36
    conor_oberst19 ha detto:
    "The Carny" was the first song I heard it was in "Wings of Desire" about a week later week later I bought "Your Funeral...My Trial". Love it!

Me too. But I bought also "From Her To Eternity". And then "Murder Ballads" (because it was the 1996)

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 14 Mar 2008, 13:54
    Oddly enough, I first discovered Cave through The Birthday Party (I imagine it's usually the other way around). Then I bought 'Let Love In' and haven't looked back since...

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 14 Mar 2008, 16:02
    it was Henry's Dream, after which i started DIGging in their discography and discovered the jewel, "Your Funeral..."

• Nolime said...
    • User
    • 16 Mar 2008, 10:13
    Murder Ballads, 5 years ago

• Murder ballads...and there it began everything.
    :)

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 19 Mar 2008, 23:57
    Your Funeral...My Trial

• herrmom said...
    • User
    • 22 Mar 2008, 12:21
    First born is dead

Grrtz

Herr

what have the Romans ever done for us?
  • Murder Ballads, I guess. First song I heard was when I downloaded "Where the Wild Roses Go". I deleted it quickly.

(really)

(I was a lot younger then)

I kept hearing how great he was and decided to give it another go, grabbing a few more tracks this time. Now I'm obsessed with them all.

• I was ten or so and Where The Wild Roses Grow was featured a lot on MTV, that was my first contact with him. I liked the song a lot but unfortunately I lost track of Nick until 00s when No More Shall We Part was released, which was the first album I bought. A bit later on I got into The Birthday Party as well which are extremely good and unique band in the postpunk scene.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 25 Mar 2008, 01:27
    It was "Murder Ballads", but what really got me into it was "The Boatman's Call". Then I started pulling the thread and discovering all the beautiful/brutal sounds of Nick Cave.

• tender prey in 1990. i then worked backwards and have bought every album he's released since.

BOUGHT

LAST NIGHT A DJ RAPED MY WIFE
  • Oh, it was No more Shall We Part (the very album!)
    Then I heard Tender Prey and start borrowing the albums from my friends.

BORROWING..

One tomorrow for me, please...
  • borrowing eh?

i'd be coming round to your house for the rest of my money if i was cave

mikeroach113 said: "There we go again, MORONS taking what I say out of context AGAIN. I'd NEVER say ANYBODY's music taste is shit. Know why? BECAUSE I RESPECT THEIR OPINIONS, unlike you, scum. I'll just block you and Propoganda101 just to make sure no more idiocy is posted here."

LOLOLOLOLOLOL
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 6 Apr 2008, 21:46
    "Where the Wild Roses Grow" was the first song I heard (we were analyzing the song in English class), and I rather liked it. However, I didn't really get into the Bad Seeds' music until 5 months later when I watched the "Videos" dvd at a friend's place. So, I went out and bought the dvd, and also picked up the "Henry's Dream" album. And the rest is history, I guess :P

• First I listened Where the wild roses grow and Red Right Hand, and became my obsession for the following weeks, or months, but I didn't search for the whole albums (i don't know why). Then I stole an album from my brother called Tender Prey. And since that moment I love them. ^^

• I bought that best of album that came out, what, like ten years ago now? Wow. I'm not even sure why I bought it - I was pretty much strictly into musical theatre at the time - but it was pretty life-changing, or at least helped me expand my musical horizons.

But Murder Ballads was probably the first proper album I heard. But I didn't actually buy a proper album until Nocturama came out; I was unimpressed and thought, "Well, I guess all their great music is in the past." Glad I've been proved wrong since then!

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 17 Apr 2008, 14:44
    Murder Ballads is album, which I am heard first :) Song The Curse OF Millhaven is cult :)

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.