• RnB_001 said...
    • User
    • 5 Apr 2011, 15:30

Movies

Hi guys!

I hope u r doing fine :-)
    In this new topic, I suggest we talk about the movies we have watch lately and the new ones we r planning to watch soon :-)

Has anyone watched been to the theater and seen a (good) movie?

As for me, I'm planning to watch Morning Glory this weekend. This is a comedy I have been waiting for months! I really can't wait to watch it.
    It is released tomorrow here in France :-)

Edited by RnB_001 on 6 Apr 2011, 20:38
  • Last week I saw two good movies at home:

* The Other Guys (with Mark Wahlberg, one of my favorite actors) Its a comedy and this movie was shoot in N.Y. City during my stay in october 2009 I could see it. Didn't see any of the actors but it was interesting anyway. Its a good movie, very funny

* Unstoppable (directed by Tony Scott, with Denzel Washington & Chris Pine) Denzel is my absolute favorite one, I don't miss any movie of him. This one is inspired in true events (The crazy 8 incident happened in Ohio few months before the 9/11). Its action all time and you just can't take the eyes of the TV screen during the movie.

♫♪★ If I Can Make It Here, I Can Make It Anywhere ★♪♫

• RnB_001 said...
    • User
    • 5 Apr 2011, 19:39
    Wow, it seems that the movies u saw were interesting :-). R u into comedy/romance movies Mary? As for me, I am. I love these types of movies.

I haven't seen a Denzel Washington movie so far, but I must say that he is a good-looking guy, very classy :-)

There is a movie I'd love to watch: Bowling for Columbine. It was directed by Michael Moore and the events did happen unfortunately. It was the shooting spree that took place on April 20th, 1999, at this Colorado high-school, where Eric Harris & Dylan Klebold killed their classmates.

Has somebody seen this movie?

Edited by RnB_001 on 6 Apr 2011, 20:39
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 6 Apr 2011, 18:32
    Hi! I've seen 2 films recently:
    - Black Swan: I really liked this film. Its about how a dancer learns to play the main role in an act.
    - Secret Life of Bees: I wanted to watch this film because my two favourite singers Jennifer Hudson and Alicia Keys play a role in the film, btw the film is actually very good.

• RnB_001 said...
    • User
    • 6 Apr 2011, 20:39
    The Secret Life Of Bees sounds great, I've always wanted to watch it as well, but I never got the opportunity to do so... Hope I'll b able to watch it someday :-)

• Indeed, The Secret Life Of Bees is a great movie. I haven't been to see a movie for a while, but I can tell you about some movies that I absolutely love. Here we go: "Antwone Fisher" with Derek Luke & Denzel Washington (I love all his movies too :)), "A Bronx tale" with Robert De Niro, "Men of Honor" with De Niro and Cuba Gooding Jr., "The Color purple" with Whoopie Goldberg, "The Sleepers" with Brad Pitt & Robert De Niro, "Set it off" with Queen Latifah, Jada Pinkett and Vivica Fox, "Notorious", and for romance/comedies I like "Love and Basketball", "Just Wright", "Brown Sugar" and "Beauty Shop",... Well, I'll stop here, because I could continue for hours:) As you can see, I love Afro-American movies :)

• RnB_001 said...
    • User
    • 8 Apr 2011, 08:29
    Thanks Nawel for ur review :-)

There r 2 films I'd love to watch, which r Why Did I Get Married & Why Did I Get Married Too.

Who saw them?

• Oh yes I'd like too, but the streaming are very poor quality :(

• Soul_Loveuz escribió:
    Indeed, The Secret Life Of Bees is a great movie. I haven't been to see a movie for a while, but I can tell you about some movies that I absolutely love. Here we go: "Antwone Fisher" with Derek Luke & Denzel Washington (I love all his movies too :)), "A Bronx tale" with Robert De Niro, "Men of Honor" with De Niro and Cuba Gooding Jr., "The Color purple" with Whoopie Goldberg, "The Sleepers" with Brad Pitt & Robert De Niro, "Set it off" with Queen Latifah, Jada Pinkett and Vivica Fox, "Notorious", and for romance/comedies I like "Love and Basketball", "Just Wright", "Brown Sugar" and "Beauty Shop",... Well, I'll stop here, because I could continue for hours:) As you can see, I love Afro-American movies :)

I agree with you in all =)

♫♪★ If I Can Make It Here, I Can Make It Anywhere ★♪♫

• RnB_001 said...
    • User
    • 10 Apr 2011, 12:28
    Hi guys!

I hope u r doing fine and u r enjoying ur weekend or Easter vacation.

Yesterday, I went to the movies and I watched Morning Glory.
    It was good, I liked it.

The main actress is Rachel McAdams. I didn't know her and I must say that she's a cute girl :-)

The story deals with Becky Fuller, an executive producer, who is trying to make Daybreak (a morning show that everybody has forgotten) back on track.
    So she hires Mike Pomeroy (Harrison Ford), who is a legend, but soon finds out that he doesn't want to do his work.

It's a comedy and I think it's worth watching it :-)
    When it comes to music, u can hear Joss Stone's "Free Me" & Natasha Bedingfield's "Strip Me" (between others).

If u like comedies, I suggest u watch it :-)

• mira12 said...
    • User
    • 12 Apr 2011, 16:19
    already watched 'Morning Glory'. Not my favorite movie with Rachel McAdams but was ok :)

@RnB_001: how come you don't know Rachel McAdams?? :p you should watch "The Notebook", "Wedding Crashers" :)

@Soul_Loveuz: we have exactly the same tastes in movies! Afro-American movies addict! Incredible. I absolutely love "Love & Basketball", "Brown Sugar", "The Best Man", etc. actually all the movies with Sanaa Lathan (soooo classy) :)
    "Just Wright" and sexy Common :p All Tyler Perry-related stuff, all Taye Diggs-related comedies.
    Can't list them all here but... I'm addicted to Afro-American movies :)

"Open your eyes and look within, are you satisfied with the life you are living? We know where we are going, we know where we are from." – Bob Marley
    • RnB_001 said...
    • User
    • 13 Apr 2011, 09:43
    @mira12: I don't know, I haven't watched "The Notebook", but I'm planning to. Regarding "Wedding Crashers", is it any good? Is it with Owen Wilson?

When it comes to basketball movies, I had watched "Coach Carter", with Samuel L. Jackson, a few years ago. I loved it, it was an excellent movie.

I know there is another basketball movie I'd like to watch as well: it's a movie with Common & Queen Latifah. Has anyone seen it?

• I really wanna see Black Swan and Your Highness both with Natalie Portman (my favorite actress <333 ) and I've seen recently Death At the Funeral (fuckin hilarious *-*) and Due Date ( not as funny, but still good)

• @mira12: The same for me!! :) By the way, you probably already know it, but I regularly check this web site http://www.afro-style.com/index.php and it makes realize that there are so many afro-american movies that come out in USA but not in Europe or elsewhere, it's too bad, and so frustrating!

@RnB_001: I love "Coach Carter" too, and the movie with Queen Latifah & Common is "Just Wright", and yes it's a nice movie, funny and romantic :)
    You can watch it here : http://www.cinemay.com/streaming/just-wright-streaming-megavideo-ddl-megaupload.html

• RnB_001 said...
    • User
    • 14 Apr 2011, 06:53
    @Soul_Loveuz: Thanks for the link, I'll check it out later :-)
    It would b great if all those movies came out in Europe as well :-)

• mira12 said...
    • User
    • 14 Apr 2011, 08:15
    @Soul_Loveuz: yeah i know this website, you're my movie twin! :) so many afro-american movies i need to watch!

@pepsi0801: did you watch the British version of "Death at a funeral" (2007) or the American 2010 remake? that one was hilarious, a good moment :)

"Open your eyes and look within, are you satisfied with the life you are living? We know where we are going, we know where we are from." – Bob Marley
  • @mira12: haha movie twin, I like it :)

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.