• Coraline

..oh well, sure this isn't the most active group on last.fm, but is definetely time to give Coraline his proper thread!
    Especially now that the Henry Selick movie is (almost) here...just a couple of days ago the new full lenght trailer has been released!

..the previous featurettes:

..and of course the official movie poster...

"Una sera io, Slash e mia madre siamo andati insieme ad ubriacarci in un bar" - Dave Grohl
    • ginique said...
    • User
    • 25 Nov 2008, 04:19
    One of my favorites!

People ask: "What kind of music are you into?"

I reply: "I'm into music, period. If my ears like it, then I dig it."
  • looking forward to seeing the film, I really enjoyed the book.

• I'm really looking forward to it.

• saw a trailer for it at the cinema yesterday, looks good!

• Eadgyth said...
    • User
    • 31 Dec 2008, 09:19
    ...can't wait for the film!...coraline, along with neverwhere, is one of my most beloved books of all time...

...oh listen to them,
    the children of the night,
    what sweet music they make...
  • I can't wait to see the movie. It looks really good from the previews.

~Kit~
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 25 Feb 2009, 21:14
    Oh yes, I also can not wait for the premiere. In Poland it is in March. Trailers are great, but it seems to me that the book was more scary. Dave McKean's illustrations were really terrifying. Here The Other Mother looks cute. But I am good hope:)

• buh...in italy we'll have to wait until April...

Things need not have happened to be true.
    Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths
    that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes,
    and forgot.
  • It's here!

I saw the film of Coraline yesterday and it was amazing. I watched it in 3D which was mind boggling, try and see it in 3D if you can, but it would be wonderful in 2D too. Not the same as the book, but really good anyway :-)

• *sigh* Can't wait to see it!

• Finally came out in italy too! i went to the premiere of course... :D
    Visually stunning, amazing colours and animation. Well the original story went through some changes to make it more movie-friendly i guess...visually more dynamic. Still the kind of alienating feeling about being a kid alone in the big unknown house is still there.
    My only criticism is about this mix between atmospheric storytelling (closer to the book) and the more movie-friendly dynamic sequences. Sometimes it seems the movie get stuck in between without really taking a direction.
    I loved it though judging from some friends mixed reactions i think it may disappoint those casual viewers expecting a more upbeat disney-like movie..Coraline it's basically an horror movie for kids :)

"Una sera io, Slash e mia madre siamo andati insieme ad ubriacarci in un bar" - Dave Grohl
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 21 Jul 2009, 11:49
    I've watched Coraline 3d and it was great, the soundtrack was adorable and these 3d hands reaching out for me from the screen... loved it ! but I didn't really liked the creation of the main character :/ Coraline was more a standing back and even a little shy observer for me, than an outspoken bitchy little fox with mangalike purpleblue hair !! how do you think ?

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.